Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad PhD Programme in Management 2020-21
IIM Ahmedabad PhD in Management Admission 2020 – Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad has invited applications for admission to PhD Programme in Management for the academic year 2020-21.
If you are planning to write CAT, please see the advertisement for CAT 2019 that appeared during July 2019 in leading English dailies Application for PhD Programme in Management is separate from application for CAT – Advertisement for Ph.D. Programme will appear during the month of September 2019 in daily newspapers/Business Magazines
- The objective of the Ph.D. Programme in Management is to equip students with necessary skills to identify and carry out research on complex issues in the specialized field of management
Ph D Program
- The Ph. D. Programme of IIMA admits students who have a strong academic background, are highly motivated and who have the intellectual curiosity to undertake original research. The programme prepares students for a career in academia or research positions in industry.
Areas of high levels
- Candidates can apply to the following Areas of high levels of specialization: (1) Business Policy, (2) Economics, (3) Finance & Accounting, (4) Food & Agri-business, (5) Human Resource Management, (6) Information Systems, (7) Innovation and Management in Education, (8) Marketing, (9) Organizational Behaviour, (10) Production and Quantitative Methods, and (11) Public Systems
- Graduates of the Ph. D. Programme are placed in world class organizations in teaching, research and consulting positions
- A total of 378 doctoral students have graduated from IIMA so far
- Master’s Or Post graduate diploma (2 yrs) Or Professional qualification -CA/ICWA/CS with B.Com/Degree
- B.Tech./4 year Degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent
- Candidates applying to the Ph.D. Programme are required to take the Common Admission Test (CAT) or a standard test in lieu of CAT. For NRIs and Foreign students, this standard test is the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT).
- Candidates applying to the Ph. D. Programme are required to take the Common Admission Test (CAT) or a standard test in lieu of CAT. For NRIs and Foreign students this standard test is the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT)
- Different Areas of high levels of specialization of IIMA have specified different standard tests that candidates applying to the Ph. D. Programme in their Areas can take in lieu of CAT. These standard tests
- Scores of CAT 2017, 2018 and 2019 are considered valid for application to the Ph. D. Programme in 2020.
Standard Test Score not required if an applicant is:
- PGP Alumni of any IIM
- PGPX/PGP-PMP Alumni of any IIM where such courses are offered
- (Part-time/evening/week-end/Distance Learning programmes of IIM are NOT considered)
Fellowship and Expenses
- IIMA provides a comprehensive fellowship that covers all academic expenses including tuition, computer, library, medical insurance, placement and alumni fees, and in addition includes a monthly subsistence allowance of Rs.32,800/- (Slab A) for first and second years, Rs. 35,400/- (Slab B) after completing comprehensive examination and Rs. 39,300/- (Slab C) after submitting the TAC approved thesis proposal
- Application Form and Brochure will be available online. Candidates can fill-up the application form online and is eligible to apply for a maximum of three Areas of high levels of specialization. An application fee of Rs.500/- can be paid through IIMA gate way. The last date for submitting the application will be January 23, 2020.
- Also please refer to the IIMA’s advertisement for Ph. D. Programme that will appear in leading newspapers during September 2019
- Link open for Online Application: 10th September 2019
- Last Date for submitting Online Application: 23rd January 2020
See: Admission Notification and Dates