University of Calcutta announces Entrance Test for Admission to PhD Program in Pure Mathematics 2023
Calcutta University PhD in Pure Mathematics Admission 2023 – University of Calcutta, Kolkata, invites applications for admission to PhD Program in Pure Mathematics for the academic year 2023-24 through an Entrance Test scheduled to be conducted on July 25, 2023.
Application for the same can be submitted online till July 17, 2023. Read further for more details on Calcutta University PhD in Pure Mathematics Admission 2023
Area of Research
- Functional Analysis
- Harmonic Analysis
- Graph Theory
- Differential Geometry
Duration and Seat
- Duration : The duration of the course is 01 year
- Intake Seats : Maximum Number of seats available for the PhD Program – 10 (Ten)
Calcutta University PhD in Pure Mathematics Admission 2023 Important Dates
- Application Process :- Ongoing
- Last date of submission of Online forms :- 17th July 2023
- Date of Online Test for Ph.D. Entrance Exam :- 25th July 2023
- List of successful candidates in the entrance test will be displayed in the Dpepartmental N.B. on 27th July 2023
- Date and venue of Interview for the qualified candidate: 01st to 04th August 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University PhD in Pure Mathematics Admission 2023
- Candidates should have completed a Master’s degree in relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university.
- Those who are waiting for Final Semester results can only apply.
Calcutta University PhD in Pure Mathematics Admission 2023 Application Process
- Applications are invited for admission to the PhD in Pure Mathematics, C.U. Candidates desirous of enrolling in the said PhD Program are to apply in the prescribed form www.caluniv.ac.in
- Candidates can apply in the prescribed form using gmail id. Candidates are advised to use their own mobile no and email Id for applying.
- A copy of the filled in application form must be kept for future use.
- Application Fee :- Rs. 100/-
- Mode of payment :- Online through SBI Collect.
- The selection will be based on the:
- Entrance Examination
- Candidates who have cleared UGC / CSIR(JRF) / NET / SET / SLET / valid GATE / Teacher Fellowship / Inspire Fellowship or have passed equivalent exams or passed the M.Phil exam shall not be required to take the online PhD entrance test but have to appear for interview.
- Syllabus for the Entrance Exam are Topics covered in B.Sc.(Hons.) and M.Sc. courses in Pure Mathematics (excluding topics covered in elective papers).
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website