Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Program Admission 2022 – Research Ares, Dates, Application and Selection Process
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 – Bose Institute, Kolkata invites applications for admission to PhD Program for Academic session 2022 (Spring Session)
Candidates can apply online till 20 April, 2022. Read on for details on eligibility criteria, application process, selection and more for Bose Institute PhD Admission 2022.
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022
Broad Areas of Research
- Atmospheric Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences and Applied Biosciences.
Bose Institute Kolkata for PhD Admission Dates 2022
- Last Date for online application: 18:00 hrs. April 20th, 2022
- Date for display of short-listed candidates and instructions on the Institute website: April 29th, 2022
- Tentative period of interview: Middle of May, 2022
Bose Institute Kolkata for PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Candidates should have an award of JRF (CSIR-UGC JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ DST- INSPIRE/ DBT-BINC or equivalent), whose last date of validity should not be earlier than 30 th September, 2022.
- If candidates, who are in the final year of their Master’s degree programme and are in possession of an award of a JRF, are selected, they will have to submit their final degree certificate at the time of joining.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any of the following fields: Engineering/ Science/ Technology with at least 55 % of marks for general candidates, while 50% marks is necessary for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled and other categories of candidates, as per UGC norms.
- Age limit: Below 28 years as on 30th September 2022 (relaxation of age is applicable as per Government of India rules).
- DST-INSPIRE candidates can only be admitted provisionally. Confirmation of their admission to the PhD programme of Bose Institute is subject to the final award of INSPIRE fellowship by DST. If the candidate is not finally awarded the INSPIRE fellowship by DST, his/her provisional admission is liable to be cancelled by the Institute.
- Candidates who have qualified in GATE/ JEST/ JGEEBILS/ NET (LS) etc. but who do not have a valid award of JRF mentioned in (1) above or equivalent are ineligible to apply.
Bose Institute Kolkata for PhD Admission Application Process 2022
- Interested candidates fulfilling required eligibility should register online at the URL – http://www.jcbose.ac.in/applications/PHD-ADMISSION/
- Deadline for online Registration: 18:00 hrs. April 20th, 2022
- An online acknowledgement receipt will be generated on successful registration.
- Candidates should retain this receipt for future reference
- Past academic record will be the basis for shortlisting of candidates for interview
- Names of the shortlisted candidates, along with the date and time of interview will be displayed on the Institute website
- It should be noted that mere appearance on the shortlist does not imply admission
- The interview will be conducted in offline mode. Barring pandemic-related exigencies, candidates will have to appear for the interview in person
- No TA/DA will be allowed for appearing for the interview
- Specific instructions regarding the interview will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates
- The medium of the interaction for the interviews is English
- Candidates qualifying in the interview will be called for counselling
- Following counselling, the final list of selected candidates will be displayed on the Institute website
- The Institute Authority reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason thereof.
- Admissible as per Govt. of India rules.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website