Bose Institute Kolkata announces PhD Program Admission 2023, Apply now
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2023 – Bose Institute, Kolkata invites applications for admission to PhD Program for Academic session 2023 (Spring Session)
Candidates can apply online till 20 August, 2023. Read on for details on eligibility criteria, application process, selection and more for Bose Institute PhD Admission 2023.
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2023
Broad Areas of Research
- Environmental Sciences,
- Chemical Sciences,
- Life Sciences & Physical Sciences.
No. of Vacancies
- Total number of vacancies: 45 (UR-20, OBC-11, SC-7, ST-3, EWS-4)
Bose Institute Kolkata for PhD Admission Date 2023
- Last Date for online application: 18:00 hrs. August 20th, 2023
- Candidates should have an award of JRF (CSIR-UGC JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ DST- INSPIRE/ DBT-BINC or equivalent), whose last date of validity should not be earlier than 30 th September, 2023.
- If candidates, who are in the final year of their Master’s degree programme and are in possession of an award of a JRF, are selected, they will have to submit their final degree certificate at the time of joining.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any of the following fields: Engineering/ Science/ Technology with at least 55 % of marks for general candidates, while 50% marks is necessary for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled and other categories of candidates, as per UGC norms.
- Below 28 years as on 30th September 2023 (relaxation of age is applicable as per Government of India rules).
- DST-INSPIRE candidates can only be admitted provisionally. Confirmation of their admission to the PhD programme of Bose Institute is subject to the final award of INSPIRE fellowship by DST. If the candidate is not finally awarded the INSPIRE fellowship by DST, his/her provisional admission is liable to be cancelled by the Institute.
- Candidates who have qualified in GATE/ JEST/ JGEEBILS/ NET (LS) etc. but who do not have a valid award of JRF mentioned in (1) above or equivalent are ineligible to apply.
- Interested candidates fulfilling required eligibility should register online at the URL – http://www.jcbose.ac.in/applications/PHD-ADMISSION/
- Deadline for online Registration: 18:00 hrs. August 20th, 2023
- An online acknowledgement receipt will be generated on successful registration.
- Candidates should retain this receipt for future reference
- Past academic record will be the basis for shortlisting of candidates for interview
- Names of the shortlisted candidates, along with the date and time of interview will be displayed on the Institute website
- It should be noted that mere appearance on the shortlist does not imply admission
- The interview will be conducted in offline mode. Barring pandemic-related exigencies, candidates will have to appear for the interview in person
- No TA/DA will be allowed for appearing for the interview
- Specific instructions regarding the interview will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates
- The medium of the interaction for the interviews is English
- Candidates qualifying in the interview will be called for counselling
- Following counselling, the final list of selected candidates will be displayed on the Institute website
- The Institute Authority reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason thereof.
- Admissible as per Govt. of India rules.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website