|PhD Buzz: Join the VIP Club for Instant Updates on Admissions and Entrance Exams!|
BIT Mesra announces Admission to PhD Program 2023 (Monsoon Session), Apply now
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2023 – Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mesra Ranchi invites applications from eligible candidates for admission for PhD Program under full-time/part-time categories for the Monsoon Session 2023.
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2023
Dept. Offering PhD Program
- Architecture & Planning
- Bio-Engineering & Biotechnology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Science & Technology
- Production & Industrial Engineering
- Remote Sensing
- Space Engineering & Rocketry
- Filling of Online Application Form Commence From 17.03.2023
- Last Date to Apply Online 02.05.2023
- Display of Shortlisted Applicants for Test 12.05.2023
- Date of Ph.D. Written Test and Interview of Shortlisted Applicants 26.05.2023
- Declaration of Result 02.06.2023
- Candidates with following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Program of the Institute:
- Possessing M.Tech. / M.E. / M.Sc. (Engg.) / M.Arch. / M.Pharm. / M.Plan./ M.Sc./ MCA / MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments.
- Possessing B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc. (Engg.)/B.Pharm/B.Arch./B.Plan. or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with a minimum of 80% marks or 8.0 CGPA on a ten-point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE/GPAT score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Sponsored candidates must have a minimum of two years of professional work experience, in addition to the eligibility criteria (a or b). In addition, sponsored candidates should have valid sponsorship for at least three years.
- Eligibility criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks for SC / ST candidates.
- Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only [link available on the Institute website https://www.bitmesra.ac.in/
- To fill an online application form, click on the link “APPLY ONLINE” to register for the program and create a password for the application process. Do not share the password with anybody.
- Follow instructions for filling online application forms.
- For General/OBC Category : Rs. 1500/-
- For SC/ST Category : Rs. 1000/-
- Mode of Payment : Through Online Payment Gateway (candidates may use Net banking / Debit card / Credit card of any nationalized bank)
- Provisional selection to the PhD Program will be based on performance of the applicants in an Written Test & Personal Interview.
PhD Entrance Test
- Written Test Date: To be notified soon
- Duration : 3 (three) hour
- Venue: Main Campus at Mesra
- Reporting Time: To be notified soon
- Pattern of Question: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Total Marks: 100 (Full marks for each correct answer). There will be no negative marking.
- The written test for the Ph.D. Program shall be multiple choice and/or subjective types of questions for 100 marks (40 marks of General and 60 Marks of Applied Subject/ Domain/Department Specific) and for the duration of three hour. The type of multiple-choice and/or subjective types of questions will follow the sample pattern of NET and GATE/GPAT. There will be no negative marking.
- The Written Test shall be conducted at its Main Campus at Mesra (Offline). You will be required to report physically at the campus to appear for the Test and interview.
- Limited number of Institute Research Fellowship (IRF) with a fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs. 28,000/- per month for the next two years is available depending on the performance. The minimum marks required for IRF may vary across the departments and shall be decided by an appropriate committee. The IRFs shall be awarded based on the performance in the admission test, academic career and interview. Ph.D. admission test is mandatory for candidates aspiring for the IRF.
For more details and apply please visit the official website