Radiation Medicine Centre of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Mumbai Diploma Course in Medical Radioisotope Techniques (DMRIT) 2019 though CAT
BARC Diploma in Medical Radioisotope Techniques (DMRIT) 2019 – The Radiation Medicine Centre of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre invites applications for Diploma Course in Medical Radioisotope Techniques (DMRIT) 2019 though CAT under the Aegis of Homi Bhabha National Institute(HBNI)(a Deemed University), Mumbai
- Diploma in Medical Radioisotope Techniques (D.M.R.I.T.)
- This course equips candidates for working in Nuclear Medicine Technologists in Nuclear Medicine Centres. The training will comprise of a full time schedule of lectures, demonstrations, practicals and apprentice programmes.
- Examinations will be conducted by the Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), Mumbai. Candidates should not hold any other job during the period of training, or join any other training programme.
Duration of Training
- One Academic Year (2019-2020).
- This programme shall be of one academic year duration consisting of two semesters.
- There will be an examination at the end of every semester.
Eligibility Criteria for BARC Diploma in Medical Radioisotope Techniques Admission 2019
- B.Sc. with Physics / Chemistry / Maths from a recognised University OR
- B.Sc. in Life Sciences with Physics as a subject from recognised University OR
- B.Sc. in Nuclear Medicine from a recognized University OR
- B.Sc. in allied / related subject i.e. Radio Diagnosis (MRT) / Radiotherapy from a recognised University. Candidates should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in Science Subjects at B.Sc. level.
- Not more than 35 years as on 1st May 2019. Upper age limit can be relaxed in the case of SC/ST (5 Years), OBC (3 Years), PWD category (10 Years) and sponsored candidates.
- The candidates with physical disabilities limited to the lower extremities, but permitting to stand and move and physically able to carry out the course requirement only will be considered.
Number of Seats
- Maximum 5 (Five) (3 Non-Sponsored and 2 Sponsored).
- Number of seats indicated are provisional and subject to variation.
- Candidates sponsored by institutions with immediate prospect of post training employment in the same institution can apply if they have 50% aggregate marks in B.Sc. in any of the fields mentioned above.
Common Admission Test (CAT)
- A Common Admission Test for all three courses will be conducted and will comprise of 150 Multiple Choice Questions.
- The CAT syllabus will be drawn from Science Subjects.
- Maths or Biology of Standard XII or equivalent.
- Minimum marks to qualify will be 50%. The CAT will be held at 11.00 A.M. on 24.11.2019 at HRDD, New Training School Complex, Anushaktinagar, Mumbai–400094.
- A merit list of candidates qualifying the CAT will be made and candidates will be called in order of merit to attend Counseling Session for allotment of courses in next three days following CAT.
- Admit Card will be generated after the last date for receipt of application. Candidates are required to print Admit Card using their own login details. Without Admit Card, candidates will not be permitted to appear for CAT. The list of selected candidates will be displayed on the BARC website (recruit.barc.gov.in / www.barc.gov.in).
- A stipend of 15,000/- p.m. (Rupees Fifteen Thousand Only) is given to each Non-Sponsored trainee.
Award of Diploma
- The Board of Studies shall fix the minimum qualifying marks or grades and other criteria for declaring a student as successful for the award of the Diploma.
- Maximum number of attempts allowed including the first one will be three. The maximum period allowed for completing DMRIT course is two years and the maximum period allowed for completing MSc course is three years.
- The examination result of all the candidates shall be communicated to the Dean, HBNI through Dean-Academic of the Constituent Institute. The successful candidates will be awarded Post Graduate Diploma by HBNI.
- No fees for the training programme will be charged by BARC. However, enrolment fees of 8000/- (Rupees Eight Thousand Only) as on date as prescribed by Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI) will have to be paid for DMRIT Programme.
- A caution deposit of 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only) will have to be remitted by the selected candidates to BARC.
BARC Diploma in Medical Radioisotope Techniques Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- Facility for submission of online application will be available from 18th October 2019 to 12th November 2019 on website of BARC i.e. https://recruit.barc.gov.in
- Applications will be accepted only through online mode.
- Candidate should read the instructions in the advertisement and online application form carefully before making any entry or selecting any option.
- Before filling the application form, candidates should keep ready the necessary documents/ certificates required.
- Candidate is required to fill up personal details and details of training courses applied for etc. and upload recently taken front facing passport size photograph in JPEG format with size not exceeding 20 KB. Photograph not in conformity with the specification shall render the application liable to be rejected.
- While filling up the online application from candidates should ensure that all the required details are entered.
BARC Diploma in Medical Radioisotope Techniques Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Facility for submission of online application will be available from 18th October 2019 to 12th November 2019
- Last date for receipt of Application: 12th November 2019
- The CAT will be held at 11.00 A.M. on 24th November 2019
Government of India, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, Mumbai-400 085 IndiaTelephone:+91-22-25505050 / 25592000, website www.barc.gov.in