Banasthali Vidyapith announces Research Entrance Test (RET) for admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
Banasthali Vidyapith PhD Admission 2023 – Banasthali Vidyapith, Tonk, Rajasthan invites applications for Research Entrance Test (RET) for admission to PhD Program offered in various disciplines for the academic session 2023.
Banasthali Vidyapith PhD Admission 2023
PhD Programs offered
- Research facility is available in the following disciplines – Computer Science; Pharmacy; Chemistry; Chemical Engineering; Bio-science and Biotechnology; Electronics; Mathematical Science; Physics; Sanskrit, Philosophy and Vedic Studies; Hindi and Modern Indian Languages; English and Modern European Languages; Economics; History and Indian Culture; Political Science and Public Administration; Sociology; Physical Education; Performing Arts; Visual Art; Home-science; Education; Commerce and Banking; Management; Design; Legal Studies; Psychology; Journalism and Mass Communication; Earth Sciences; Aviation; Automation;
- Last date of submission of completed online registration form: 13th June, 2023
- Date of RET Exam: 18th June 2023 Time: 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- A Ph.D. Aspirant who has obtained a Master’s degree in the subject or related /allied area with at least 55% aggregate marks (or an equivalent CGPA) (50% in case of SC/ST/ Differently-Abled category) or has qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the University Grants commission may apply for Admission to the Ph.D. programme at any time during the academic year for pursuing his/her research work under the guidance of a supervisor approved by the Vidyapith.
- A candidate who has a minimum 5 years of work experience (Teaching/ Industrial/ Research) may be given relaxation of 5% in the marks by the Vice-Chancellor/Pro Vice-Chancellor for registration to the Ph.D. programme.
- Every candidate has to appear in the Research Entrance Test (RET) except for the subjects of Fine Arts, Visual Art, Music, Dance & Design.
- Qualifying RET is a mandatory requirement for enrollment and until that stage the admission shall be treated as provisional.
- A PhD Aspirant who has qualified NET, SLET, GATE, GPAT or M.Phil (admitted to M.Phil. programme through entrance examination) may be exempted from the research entrance test. M.Phil candidates shall also be exempted from course work.
- Application form for PhD Program is available on university website
- Read instructions carefully before filling the application form.
- Application Form Fee for Entrance Test – Rs. 800/-
- Course Work – Rs. 800/-
- There will be a Research Entrance Test (RET) for admission to the PhD program in Banasthali Vidyapith.
- Date of RET Exam: 18th December, 2023
- Time: 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
Banasthali Vidyapith RET Details
- Duration of Research Entrance Test: 2 Hours (11:00 AM to 01:00 PM)
- Negative marking: No negative marking
Pattern of the RET question paper:
- Total 100 multiple choice questions (All carry equal marks)
- 50 questions on Research Aptitude
- 50 questions on Relevant Subject
- Passing Criteria: An Entrance Test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. A relaxation of 5 % of marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/Differently-abled category in the entrance examination.
Course Work Exam
- Duration of Course Work Exam: 2 Hours (02:00 PM to 04:00 PM)
- Pattern of the Course Work Exam: Total 40 multiple choice questions in every paper (All carry equal marks) :
- IT Based Research Techniques
- Review of Literature
- Statistical Techniques & Applications for Research
- Research and Publication Ethics (RPE)
- Passing Criteria: A Ph.D. scholar has to obtain a minimum of 55% of marks or its equivalent grade in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade/CGPA in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) in the course work in order to be eligible to continue in the programme and submit the dissertation/thesis.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website