Anna University notification for Tamil Nadu Common Admission (TANCA) 2021 for M.E./ M. Tech./ M. Arch./ M. Plan. Degree Programs
TANCA 2021 – Applications are invited for admission to M.E./ M. Tech./ M. Arch./ M. Plan. Degree Programs offered in the University Departments, University Colleges, Regional Campuses of Anna University, Annamalai University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and the seats surrendered by the Self-Financing Engineering Colleges for the year 2021.
The complete details of TANCA 2021 – Tamil Nadu Common Admission such as application form, eligibility criteria, merit list, counseling, admission process etc can be checked from the post below.
Category of Institutions
- The Government of Tamil Nadu in G.O. (1D) No. 1 1 4 Higher Education (J2) Department, dated 30.04.2021 have permitted Anna University, Chennai-25 for the conduct of Tamil Nadu Common Admissions (TANCA 2021 ) through single window counseling for M.E. / M.Tech./ M.Arch. / M.Plan. degree programs offered at
(i) University Departments / Regional Campuses / University Colleges of Anna University.
(ii) Annamalai University, Chidambaram
(iii) Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges
(iv) Self-financing Engineering Colleges (for the seats surrendered by them for the single window counseling)
TANCA 2021 Important Dates
- Commencement of Online Registration of Application: 22nd August 2021
- Last date for Online Registration of Application and Submission: 22nd September 2021
Duration of Courses
- Duration of Full-Time PG Programs comprises of 4 semesters (2 years) and Part-Time Program comprises of 6 semesters (3 years)
Eligibility Criteria for TANCA 2021
- Candidates who have passed all the subjects in the recognized Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent field and obtained at least 50% (45% in the case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in the qualifying degree examination as per AICTE norms are eligible. Further, the candidates shall possess
(i) T A N C E T 2021 percentile score (or)
(ii) GATE 2019 / 2020 / 2021 qualified score in the appropriate discipline of Engineering / Technology (or)
(iii) GATE 2019 / 2020 / 2021 qualified score in Engineering Science (X E) and Life Science (X L) papers along with TANCET 2021 percentile score.
- Eligibility qualifications for admission to various programs are given in Annexure I.
- A candidate is considered GATE 2019 / 2020 / 2021 qualified if the marks secured are greater than or equal to the qualifying marks mentioned respectively for the category in the GATE 2019 /2020 / 2021 scorecard.
- If a candidate claims that the educational qualification possessed by him/her (though not the same as a prescribed eligible qualification) is equivalent to the eligible qualification prescribed in Annexure I, he/she should obtain the Eligibility Certificate from the Director, Academic Courses, Anna University, Chennai 600 025 on or before the last date prescribed for registration of the online application. However, the claim would be subject to the decision of the admitting authority.
- Candidates of the following categories may also apply for admission:
(i) Candidates registered for the final semester/year examination of the qualifying degree programs for the Academic year 2021-2022, (except A.M.I.E. and other similar certificates of various professional bodies ) are eligible
TANCA 2021 Application Process
- Candidate should apply only through online in the Web portal https://tanca.annauniv.edu/tanca21/
- The candidates who intend to apply for seats under sponsored category should have appeared in TANCET 2021 apply through Online in the web portal https://www.annauniv.edu/tanca2021
- Candidates Required Documents to be Uploaded in Online TANCA Application Form.
- Take a print out of the filled – in online application. send the filled – in application through proper channel with necessary documents enclosed to one of the following addresses based on the choice of college – The Director (Admissions), Anna University, Chennai–600025
- The Principal, Government College of Technology, Thadagam Road, Coimbatore–641013
- For General Category : Rs.500/- (+18% GST
- For SC/SCA/ST(Tamil Nadu residents) Category : Rs.250/- (+18% GST
- Mode of Payment : Online Through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking
Rule of Reservation
- Open Competition (OC) : 31.0
- Backward Class (BC) : 26.5
- Backward Class – Muslim (BCM) : 3. 5
- Most Backward Class (V) :10.5
- Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC) : 7
- Most Backward Class : 2.5
- Scheduled Caste (SC) : 15.0
- Scheduled Caste – Arunthathiyars (SCA) : 3.0
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) : 1.0
- After the selection procedure, selected candidates have to appear for the counseling process. Candidates will be called as per the availability of seats and the merit list. Candidates have to reach the center as per specified date & time along with documents required
- After the counseling, as per the reservation norms, seats are allotted to the candidates. Steps for counseling are:
(b) Selection Process
(c) Seat Allotment
(d) Admission (document verification)
- A limited number of unfilled GATE seats (Full-Time mode) available after GATE Counselling will be considered under sponsored Full-Time Category for the candidates employed and sponsored by the Govt. / Government Organisations / Govt. Aided Educational Institutions under sponsored category in the University Departments of
- Anna University, Chennai i.e. (College of Engineering Guindy, A.C. College of Technology, School of Architecture & Planning and Madras Institute of Technology Campuses).
- All the candidates under sponsored category should have appeared in TANCET 2021
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website