Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education announces AP RCET 2021 for admission into PhD Program
AP RCET 2021 – Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education invites online application for the Andhra Pradesh Research Common Entrance Test (AP RCET) 2021 for admission into PhD Programs (both Full-time and Part-time) offered by the Universities, Research Centres and Affiliated Colleges in the State of Andhra Pradesh for the academic year 2021. The exam will be conducted from November 22 to 25, 2021
Read on for more details on AP RCET 2021 such as eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
AP RCET 2021 Important Dates
- Release of AP RCET 2021 Notification: 07th October 2021
- Start Date of filling the online application form: 11th October 2021
- Last date for online submission without late fee: 31st October 2021
- Last date for online submission with late fee of Rs. 2000/-: 01st to 05th November 2021
- Last date of online submission of application with late fee Rs 5000/-: 06th to 08th November 2021
- Corrections for already submitted applications: 06th to 08th November 2021
- Availability of Admit Card: 15th November 2021
- AP RCET 2021 Exam Date: 22nd -25th November 2021
- Declaration of Preliminary key: 28th November 2021
- Last date for receiving of objections on Preliminary key: 29th November 2021
- Declaration of eligibility for Interview: To be Announced
Eligibility Criteria for AP RCET 2021
- Candidate should be of Indian Nationality or PIO/ OCI card holders
- PhD can be pursued by candidates possessing the minimum qualifications as specified below either on Full-Time (FT) or Part-Time (PT) basis in the faculties of Sciences, Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Fine Arts, Education, Physical Education, Commerce and Management studies, Engineering & Technology, Architecture & Planning, Law, Pharmaceutical Sciences etc.
- Shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in the aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC-7 point scale.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/BC/Differently-Abled
- Admission into PhD Program shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in the aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC-7 point scale.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/BC/Differently-Abled.
- Regular Faculty working in the University or to the PG Centers
- Faculty working in Post Graduate and Professional colleges having completed at least two years of service. This provision is not applicable to Faculty teaching Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Humanities in professional colleges.
- Faculty/Librarians/Assistant Librarians working in affiliated degree / PG colleges and Faculty teaching Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Humanities in professional colleges having completed at least two years of service.
- Faculty working in Polytechnic/Government or private aided Junior Colleges/Schools having completed at least four years of service
AP RCET 2021 Application Process
- Applications should be submitted through online only
- Online Submission
- For online submission, visit the Website www.sche.gov.in/rcet
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 1300/- for OC and BC and Rs.900/- for SC/ST and PWD Bank charges are extra.
- After filling the online Application form with the required details, verify all the details carefully and press the ‘Submit’ button.
- Filled in Application Form will be generated that contains Application number along with filled details. Take print out of filled in ‘Online Application Form’.
- OC – Rs 1500/-
- BC – Rs 1300/-
- SC, ST and PWD – Rs 1000/-
- It is important to check the exam pattern before the exam in order to prepare a better preparation strategy. Check the exam pattern given below for AP RCET 2021 as per last year.
- Parts: 2
- Total No. of questions: 180
- Medium of Question Paper: English only except Part B which will be in the language of the subject concerned
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark for the correct answers, -1/6 will be deducted for the incorrect answers
- Part A: Teaching and research related questions – 90
- Part B: Subject related questions – 90
- The Andhra University has decided the syllabus for the candidates for AP RCET. Part-A of the entrance is Teaching and Research Aptitude which is based on the lines of UGC NET Paper-I Syllabus.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website