Andhra University announces AP Research Common Entrance Test (AP RCET) 2022 for PhD Admission
AP RCET 2022 – Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education invites online application for Andhra Pradesh Research Common Entrance Test 2022 (AP RCET- 2022) for admission into PhD Programs (Both Full-time and Part-time) offered by various Universities, Research Centres and Affiliated Colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh, Visakhapatnam for the year 2022
- Date of Notification in the News Papers : 28th August 2022 to Publishes in 29th August 2022 news papers
- Commencement of submission of Online applications : 01st September 2022
- Registration & submission of Online application without late fee : 01st September 2022 to 24th September 2022
- Submission of online application with late fee (Rs. 2000/- + Registration fee) : 25th September 2022 to 05th October 2022
- Submission of online application with late fee (Rs. 5000/- + Registration fee) : 06th October 2022 to 11th October 2022
- Corrections to be made, if any to submitted online applications : 10th October 2022 to 11th October 2022
- Downloading of Hall-tickets from the website : 13th October 2022 6.00pm
- Examination date : 16th October 2022 to 19th October 2022
- Examination timings : 09:00 AM to 11:00 AM & 02:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- PhD can be pursued by candidates possessing the minimum qualifications as specified below either on Full-Time (FT)/ Part-Time (PT) basis in the Faculties of Science, Arts, Humanities, Social Science, Fine Arts, Education, Physical Education, Commerce and Management Studies, Engineering and Technology, Architecture & Planning, Law and Pharmaceutical Sciences ets., Admissions into Ph. D. programme will be made within the framework of reservation rules in force prescribed by the Government of Andhra Pradesh from time to time. The details of faculty/specialization wise eligibility criteria will be notified in details along with the APRCET notification.
- The APRCET Committee may include or combine or separate or drop any of the disciplines as may be deemed necessary with proper reasoning.
- Candidates for admission to Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s Degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-Point scale (or an equivalent grade on a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other stator in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/BC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University Grants Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade on a point scale where grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grave mark procedures.
- Candidate satisfying the eligibility conditions noted above can be admitted as Part-Time candidate through an entrance test, as per the following order of priority. Admission into Part-Time category will be made on the basis of service seniority in the respective categories.
- Regular Faculty working in the University or to the P.G. Centers.
- Faculty working in Post Graduate and Professional colleges having completed at least two years of service. This provision is not applicable to Faculty teaching Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Humanities in professional colleges. OR
- Faculty/ Librarians/Assistant Librarians working in affiliated degree / PG colleges and Faculty teaching Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Humanities in professional colleges having completed at least two years of service. OR
- Faculty working in Polytechnic/Government or private aided junior Colleges/Schools having completed at least four years of service.
- Applications should be submitted through online only.
- For online submission, visit the website: https://cets.apsche.ap.gov.in/rcet.
- Candidate has to pay Rs. 1500/- for OC, Rs. 1300/- for BC and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST/PWD per subject. Bank Charges are extra.
- After filling the online Application form with all the required details, verify all the details carefully and press ‘Submit’ button. After submitting the online application form, take the print out of filled in ‘Online Application Form’. Use the application number printed on the online application form for all future correspondences
- For OC candidate : Rs. 1500/- per subject
- For BC candidate : Rs.1300/- per subject
- For SC/ST/PWD candidate : Rs. 1000/- per subject
AP RCET 2022 Exam Details
- APRCET-2022 is a computer based test.
- The test shall be in multiple choice questions.
- Each question carries one mark. There shall not be any negative marks.
- The test will be conducted for two categories of candidates.
- Category-I : Candidates with PG in respective subject and qualified in UGC NET(Including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR-NET(Including JRF)/ SLET/ GATE (with valid score)/ GPAT (with valid score)/ and FDP/ Teacher Fellowship holders or who have passed M.Phil Programme. Category-I candidates have to write only Section-A (Research Methodology for 70 marks) of AP RCET 2022.
- Category-II : Candidates with PG in respective subjects and not covered in Category-I will be considered under this category. Category-II candidates have to write Section A (Research Methodology for 70 marks) and Section-B (respective subject for 70 Marks) of the AP RCET 2022.
- To qualify for the interview, candidates belongs to Category-I and Category-II should have to secure minimum 50% marks for OC candidates and 45% marks for BC/SC/ST/PWD in AP RCET 2022.
- After qualifying in AP RCET 2022 for an interview, candidates have to attend an interview for (i) Category –I : 30 marks and (ii) Category-II : 60 marks.
- Rank in AP RCET will be based on the total marks obtained by the candidate in the written test and interview.
- In AP RCET 2022, Part-A for all the subjects including languages is in English only and the Part B of the subjects except languages are in English. For Languages, Part B is in the respective language
- The test will be conducted in 13 centres across the state of Andhra Pradesh and one centre in Hyderabad.
- Srikakulam, Vijayawada, Kadapa, Vizianagaram, Guntur, Kurnool, Visakhapatnam, Ongole, Anantapuramu, Kakinada, Nellore, Hyderabad, Bhimavaram, Tirupati
For more details and apply please visit the official website