AFCAT (2) 2021 Exam Dates, Eligibility, Fees, Application Form
AFCAT (II) 2021 Recruitment Notification Out, Apply Online for 334 vacancies for IAF Commissioned Officers Posts
AFCAT 2021 Notification - Online applications are invited for the courses commencing in July 2022 for Grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC) and Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branches. Online applications are also invited for grant of PC/SSC for NCC Special Entry Scheme (For flying branch) and for Meteorology Entry from 01st June 2021 to 30th June 2021 on official website.
A total of 334 vacancies shall be filled through AFCAT Entry, NCC Special Entry & Meteorology Entry. Candidates can check more details on AFCAT 2 Recruitment 2021 such as educational qualification, selection process, exam pattern, syllabus based on previous year recruitment.
AFCAT 2021 (II) Important Dates
- Starting Date for AFCAT 2 Online Application: 01st June 2021
- Last Date for AFCAT 2 Registration: 30th June 2021
- AFCAT 2 2021 Admit Card Date: To be released
- AFCAT 2 2021 Exam Date: To be released
- AFCAT 2021 2 Course Commencement: To be released
AFCAT 2021 (II) Vacancy Details
- The details of the vacancies are provided below.
- AFCAT Entry Flying - 96
- Ground Duty (Technical) - 137
- Ground Duty (Non - Technical) - 73
- NCC Special Entry Flying 10% Seats
- Meteorology Entry Meteorology - 28
- Total No. of Vacancies - 334 Posts
- Rank: Plying Officer [Pay as per Defence Matrix: Rs. 56100 - 177500/-] Level: 10 & MSP: 15500/-
Eligibility Criteria for AFCAT 2021 (II)
- Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India
- Flying Branch: 20 to 24 years as of 01 July 2022 i.e. born between 02 July 1998 to 01 July 2002 (both dates inclusive). The upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 years i.e. born between 02 July 1996 to 01 July 2002 (both dates inclusive)
- Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) Branches: 20 to 26 years as on 01 July 2022 i.e. born between 02 July 1996 to 01 July 2002 (both dates inclusive)
- Meteorology Entry: 20 to 26 years as of 01 July 2022 i.e. born between 02 July 1996 to 01 July 2002 (both dates inclusive)
(A) Flying Branch
- Candidates should have mandatorily passed with a minimum of 50% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 level Graduation with minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR
- BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR
- Candidates who have cleared Section A & B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent
(B) Aeronautical Engineering Electronics
- (10+2) intermediate minimum 60% marks in Physics & maths & Minimum 4 years Graduation/Integrated PG Degree in Eng. /Technology OR Cleared Sections A and B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or
- Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership exam of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in certain disciplines specified by IAF in the notification.
(C) Aeronautical Engineering Mechanical
- Candidates with Minimum 50% Marks Each in physics and Mathematics at 10+2 Level & 4 years Engineering/Technology Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, or equivalent degree.
(D) Ground Duty Non-Technical
- Administration - Passed 10+2 and Graduate Degree (Minimum three years degree course) in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or cleared section A & B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Education - Passed 10+2 and Post-Graduation with 50% in any discipline including integrated courses offering PG (Single degree without permission to exit and lateral entry) and with 60% marks in Graduation in any discipline
- Meteorology - Postgraduate Degree in any Science stream/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Geography/ Computer Applications/ Environmental Science/ Applied Physics/ Oceanography/ Meteorology/ Agricultural Meteorology/ Ecology & Environment/ Geophysics/ Environmental Biology with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in each).
- Minimum Height for men and women candidates in Flying Branch: 162.5 cms,
- Leg Length - Min - 99 cms, Max -120 cms.
- Thigh Length - Max - 64 cms,
- Sitting Height - Min - 81.5 cms,
- Max - 96 cms
- Note - No concession for age/ sex/ region in Flying Branch
- Minimum Height for male candidates in Ground Duty (Technical/Non-technical): 157.5 cms.
- For women candidates: 152 cms
AFCAT 2021 (II) Application Process
- Online applications will be accepted through the official recruitment websites of Indian Air force https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in or https://afcat.cdac.in. The last date of application is 30th June 2021
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, please click on “CANDIDATE LOGIN” in the career website of IAF https://careerindiaairforce.cdac.in or careerairforce.nic.in and follow the instructions
- AFCAT Entry (For All Candidates) - Rs.250/-
- NCC Special Entry & Metrology Entry - Exempted
- Note: Payment will be made through Debit Card/Credit card/net Banking/Challan
The selection will be done on the basis of:
- AFCAT written examination
- Officers Intelligence Rating Test & Picture Perception and Discussion test, Psychological test
- Group tests / Interview
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website