Symbiosis University PhD Entrance Test 2019 Notification and Dates
Symbiosis International (Deemed University) announce PhD Entrance Test (PET) 2019 (2nd Round) for Admission to PhD Program
Symbiosis University PhD Entrance Test 2019 - Symbiosis International (Deemed University) invites application from eligible candidates Admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic year 2019-20.
- Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU) offers research programmes leading to the award of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in all its Faculties namely:
- Computer Studies
- Media and Communication
- Humanities and Social Sciences
Symbiosis University PhD Entrance Test 2019 Important Date
- Online Registration Stars: 19th November 2019
- Last Date Online Registration: 29th November 2019
- Admit Card will be active: 02nd December 2019
- Written test (PET): 07th December 2019
- Result/Shortlist for Personal Interaction: 09th December 2019
- Personal Interaction: 16th-17th December 2019
- First Merit List: 21st December 2019
- Payment of Fees with consent letter: 25th December 2019
- Final Admission List Declaration: 26th December 2019
- Induction program for Ph.D. 2019: 30th December 2019
- Pre-Ph.D. Coursework only for Full time students: 31st December 2019 to 15th February 2020
Eligibility Criteria for Symbiosis University PhD Admission 2019
- A candidate seeking admission to the Ph.D. Programme must satisfy any one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled categories or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Candidates who have successfully completed the M.Phil. Degree with 55% marks or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed), shall be eligible to take admission to the Ph. D. Degree. A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST//differently-abled categories.
- Master's degree or equivalent in any subject with 55% marks plus a minimum of five years of work experience in the area of interdisciplinary research in which admission is being sought. Interdisciplinary research involves two or more academic, scientific, or artistic disciplines. The candidate must show evidence of his/her relevant experience in interdisciplinary area of research.
- Note: International candidates (NRIs, Foreign Nationals and PIOs who have obtained a Master's degree from foreign universities) are required to qualify the IELTS with 6.5 score of 6.5 or IELA Test (Band 3) of SIU ELTIS, an equivalent test for English language proficiency.
- Within the available vacancies:
- Scheduled Castes - 15 %
- Scheduled Tribes – 7.5%
- Differently Abled - 3%
- Kashmiri Migrants - 2 Seats
- International Students – 15%
- Candidates shall be admitted to the PhD Program on the basis of merit of the entrance test and personal interview.
- Candidates who have cleared NET/SET/SLET/GATE/JRF/M.Phil in the relevant discipline or are UGC/CSIR/ICMR-Fellows shall be exempted from the entrance exam during the period of validity of the concerned test.
- Admission to Ph.D. will be two stages Process: 1) Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) and 2) A Personal Interview
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test (PET) shall consist of 50% of the content related to Research Methodology and 50% shall be subject-specific
- The entrance test for the Ph.D. programme shall be multiple choice questions for 100 marks (50 marks for each part) and for the duration of two hours
Entrance Test Pattern
- PET entrance test for the PhD program shall be of multiple-choice questions of 75 marks and of 1 hour 30 minutes duration. It shall comprise of the following sections:
- English Language Proficiency: 25
- Logical and Mental Ability: 25
- Research Aptitude: 25
- Total Marks: 75
- A list of candidates qualifying the Entrance test shall be uploaded on the University Website www.siu.edu.in. Eligible and qualified candidates shall be shortlisted for personal interview in December by the PhD
- General Category Rs. 2000/-
- SC/ST Category Rs. 1500/-
Symbiosis University PhD Entrance Test 2019 Application Process
- Online SIU Pune PhD admission application form can be available from Symbiosis International University website www.siu.edu.in
- Application fee can be paid Online Credit/Debit/Cash Cards/Internet Banking Payment through Bill Desk Payment Gateway:
- Fee paid by a Demand Draft drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favor of "Symbiosis Test Secretariat" payable at Pune.
- Write your SCRI ID and your name behind the DD. Choose the mode of payment as DD under the "Make Payment" Tab and click "Submit". Take a print of the payment advice form, sign and send it along with the DD to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat at, Symbiosis International (Deemed University) Symbiosis Test Secretariat, Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi Dist. Pune- 412115
For more information visit the website www.siu.edu.in
Symbiosis International (Deemed University)
Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (Estd under Section-3 of the UGC Act 1956) Accredited by NAAC with “A” Grade (Symbiosis Centre for Research & Innovation) - SIU Campus, Lavale, Pune-41215 (Maharashtra), Tel: 020-39116236 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.siu.edu.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India