Symbiosis International (Deemed University) announces Entrance Test (PET) 2021 for Admission to PhD Program
Symbiosis University PhD Entrance Test 2021 – Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU) invites applications from eligible candidates for PhD Entrance Test (PET) for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic year 2021-22
Symbiosis University will be conducting PhD Entrance Test (PET) in online mode this year. Read on for more details on Symbiosis University PhD Admission 2021.
About the Program
Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU) offers research programs leading to the award of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in all its Faculties namely:
- Computer Studies
- Health Sciences
- Media and Communication
- Humanities & Social Sciences
Symbiosis University PhD Entrance Test 2021 Important Dates
- Release of small print advertisement: 25th April 2021
- Online registration opens: 25th April 2021
- Online registration closes and closure of online / Non-DD Payments: 24th May 2021
- Admit card download slot: 17th – 26th June 2021
- Written test (PET): 26th June 2021 (Saturday)
- Release of results through login and password: 02nd July 2021
- Personal Interaction (Excluding Sunday): 12th – 19th July 2021
- First Merit List through login and password: 17th August 2021
- Payment of Fees with consent letter: 31st August 2021
- Waitlist Result through login and password: 03rd Sept 2021
- Waitlist Payment Closed: 09th Sept 2021
- Closing of Admissions: 11th Sept 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Symbiosis University PhD Entrance Test 2021
- A candidate seeking admission to the Ph.D. Programme must satisfy any one of the following eligibility requirements:
Indian Students & Foreign Students
- Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled categories or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- Candidates who have successfully completed the M.Phil. Degrees with 55% marks or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed), shall be eligible to take admission to the Ph. D. Degree
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/differently-abled categories.
- International candidates (NRIs, Foreign Nationals and PIOs who have obtained a Master’s degree from foreign universities) are required to qualify the IELTS with 6.5 score of 6.5 or IELA Test (Band 3) of SIU ELTIS, an equivalent test for English language proficiency.
- Scheduled Castes – 15 %
- Scheduled Tribes – 7.5%
- Differently Abled – 3%
- Kashmiri Migrants – 2 Seats
- International Students – 15%
Symbiosis University PhD Entrance Test 2021 Application Process
- Online SIU Pune PhD admission application form can be available from Symbiosis International University Website www.siu.edu.in
- Note that the entire application process is online and they are not required to submit any hard copy of application to the University.
Steps for filling the Online Application Form
- Click on New Users Registration
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button to accept the Terms and Conditions. Next fill in the details requested on the page displayed.
- Click on “Save and Continue” to choose a password and the hint questions that will be asked if you forget your password. Then click on “Save and Continue” to register. The screen will now display your SCRI ID.
- After successful registration, you will get an email containing your SCRI ID and password. Use this SCRI ID for all future correspondence with SCRI. Use this SCRI ID and password to enter the online application form and to make any modification to the details provided by you.
- The screen will now display the ‘Make Payment’ option. The online payment mode is highly suggested.
- General Category – Rs. 2000/-
- SC/ST Category – Rs. 1500/-
- Payment Mode: Application fee can be paid Online Credit/Debit/Cash Cards/Internet Banking Payment through Bill Desk Payment Gateway:
- Fee paid by a Demand Draft drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favor of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- Write your SCRI ID and your name behind the DD. Choose the mode of payment as DD under the “Make Payment” Tab and click “Submit”.
- Candidates shall be admitted to the PhD Program on the basis of merit of the entrance test and personal interview.
- Candidates who have cleared NET/SET/SLET/GATE/JRF/M.Phil in the relevant discipline or are UGC/CSIR/ICMR-Fellows shall be exempted from the entrance exam during the period of validity of the concerned test.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test (PET) shall consist of 50% of the content related to Research Methodology and 50% shall be subject-specific
Entrance Test Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Online mode
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Type of Question: Multiple Choice Questions
- Total Question: 75 Questions
- Marking Scheme: No negative marking
- Sections: Marks
- English Language Proficiency: 25
- Logical and Mental Ability: 25
- Research Aptitude: 25
- Total Marks: 75
- A list of candidates qualifying the Entrance test shall be uploaded on the University Website www.siu.edu.in
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website