Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune announces PhD Entrance Test (PET) 2023 for Admission, Apply now
Symbiosis University PhD Entrance Test 2023 – Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU) invites applications from eligible candidates for PhD Entrance Test (PET) for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic year 2023.
Symbiosis University PhD Admission 2023
About PhD Program
- Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU) offers research programs leading to the award of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in the following Faculty of Studies:
- Ph.D. (Law)
- Ph.D. (Management)
- Ph.D. (Computer Studies)
- Ph.D. (Health Sciences)
- Ph.D. (Media and Communication)
- Ph.D. (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Ph.D. (Engineering)
- Release of print/ Website advertisements: 23 April 2023
- Online registration starts: 23 April 2023
- Online registration and payment closes: 22 May 2023
- Downloading admit cards: 19-24 June 2023
- Ph D Entrance Test: 24 June 2023
- Release of results through login and password: 30 June 2023
- Personal Interaction (Excluding Sunday): 11- 22 July 2023
- First Merit List through login and password: 14 August 2023
- Payment of Fees with consent letter: 31 August 2023
- Waitlist Result through login and password: 06 Sept 2023
- Waitlist Payment Closed: 13 Sept 2023
- Closing of Admissions: 15 Sept 2023
- Induction program for Ph.D. 2023: 26-27 Sept 2023
- A candidate seeking admission to the PhD Program must satisfy any one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade.
- Candidates who have successfully completed the M.Phil. Degrees with 55% marks or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed), shall be eligible to take admission to the Ph. D. Degree
- Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled categories.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any subject with 55% marks plus minimum of five years of work experience in the area of interdisciplinary research in which admission is being sought. Interdisciplinary research involves two or more academic, scientific, or artistic disciplines. The candidate must show evidence of his/her relevant experience in the interdisciplinary area of research.
- International candidates (NRIs, Foreign Nationals and PIOs who have obtained Master’s degree from foreign universities) are required to qualify IELTS with 6.5 score or IELA Test (Band 3) of SIU ELTIS, an equivalent test for English language proficiency.
- Online SIU Pune PhD admission application form can be available from Symbiosis International University Website www.siu.edu.in
- Note that the entire application process is online and they are not required to submit any hard copy of application to the University.
- General Category : Rs. 2000/-
- SC/ST Category : Rs. 1500/-
- Mode of Payment : Through Online Credit/Debit/Cash Cards/Internet Banking Payment through Bill Desk Payment Gateway:
- Candidates shall be admitted to the PhD Program on the basis of merit of the entrance test and personal interview.
- Candidates with NET/SET/SLET/GATE/M.Phil. or are UGC/CSIR/ICMR DBT/RGNF/MANF/DST Inspire & NBHM Fellows, are exempted from the entrance test during the validity period of the certificate/award. However, such candidates have to mandatorily appear for the personal interview.
Entrance Test Pattern
- Exam Date: 25 June 2023 Saturday 14:00-15:30 Hrs (IST)
- Mode of Exam: Online mode
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Test Structure: Multiple Choice Questions
- All questions are Multiple Choice Questions.
- Each correct answer carries 1 mark.
- No Negative marking system adopted
- Research Methodology : 50
- Subject-Specific : 50
- TOTAL Marks 100
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website