KSET 2018 Karnataka, Online Application, last dates
Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) 2018 Notification
KSET 2018 - Applications are invited from the eligible candidates to appear for Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) - 2018 for Assistant Professor to be conducted on 16th December 2018
Also See : SLET 2018 Notification
KSET 2018 Details
- Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) is a yearly exam conducted for admissions to for Lecturer/Assistant Professorship at Mysore University, Mysore.
- For KSET-2018, center will be conducting tests in 39 subjects at Eleven (11) Nodal Centers spread across the Karnataka state.
- The eligible candidates to appear for Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) for Lecturer / Assistant Professorship - 2018 to be conducted on 16th December 2018
- Candidates who qualify the KSET-2018 are governed by the recruitment rules and regulations stipulated for the Lecturers/Assistant Professors of concerned Universities/Colleges/ Institutions (Govt. /Aided/Private) of Karnataka State.
Important Dates for KSET 2018
- Notification Date: 21st August 2018
- Submission of online application commences from: 23rd August 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 22nd September 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application with Late fee of Rs.150/-: 03rd October 2018
- Last date for submission of hard copy of the application: 06th October 2018 form along with copy of the bank challan, category certificates, to the respective Nodal Centers
- Date of Examination: 16th December 2018
KSET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for general category and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PWD), Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB, in Master’s Degree or equivalent exam from universities/institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s Degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying exams have been delayed may also appear for this Test.
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the KSET, eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master’s degree or equivalent exam securing at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST, Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB and PWD candidates) within two years from the date of KSET, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates shall appear for KSET in their relevant subject of their post-graduation only, in case the candidate did not find the subject of his post-graduation in the list of KSET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates other than general category are required to mention their social status (SC, ST, PWD, Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB,) in the online application form
- Candidates may note that they should satisfy the eligibility conditions and they are required to submit attested copies of documents such as postgraduate degree marks cards & SSLC marks card, category certificates and certificates related to PWD enclosed with their application
- Candidate who became eligible in Previous KSET TESTs are not eligible to apply again in the same subject.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for KSET-2018 examination
Scheme of Exam
- The KSET test will be consisting of two papers. The test for all the three papers will consist of only Multiple-choice Questions (MCQ). The test will be held on 16th December 2018 in two separate sessions as mentioned below:
- Paper-I: 100 Max. Marks; No. of Question: 50 Compulsory questions; Duration 1 Hour [09.30 am to 10.30 am]
- Paper-II: 200 Max. Marks; No. of Question: 100 questions all are compulsory; Duration 2 Hours [11.00 am to 01.00 pm]
- The list of 39 subjects for which examination will be conducted by KSET along with their respective codes and the medium of question paper setting is given below:
- (01) Commerce; (02) Kannada; (03) Economics (I); (04) English; (05) Political Science; (06) History; (07) Sociology; (08) Geography; (09) Hindi; (10) Management (II); (11) Tourism and Administration; (12) Education; (13) Library & Information Science; (14 Mass Communication & Journalism; (15) Psychology; (16) Social work; (17) Criminology; (18) Law; (19) Sanskrit; (20) Physical Education; (21) Folk Literature (III); (22) Urdu; (23) Public Administration; (24) Computer Science & Applications; (25) Physical Sciences (IV); (26) Mathematical Sciences (V); (27) Chemical Sciences (VI); (28) Life Sciences (VII); (29) Environmental Sciences; (30) Home Science; (31) Electronic Science; (32) Earth Sciences (VIII); (33) Archaeology (IX); (34) Anthropology; (35) Marathi; (36) Philosophy; (37 Women Studies (X); (38) Linguistics and (39) Performing Arts
KSET 2018 Syllabus
- Syllabus for KSET Exam will be the same as in UGC/CSIR-NET. Syllabi for all the KSET subjects can be downloaded from the KSET website: http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in. The KSET center, Mysore will not send the syllabus to the candidates individually
- In case of any discrepancy found in the Kannada translation of a question booklet the question in English version shall be taken as final
- The Eleven KSET Centers where test will be conducted in Karnataka State with their respective codes are given below
- The candidate can select any one Test Center for KSET Exam: Bengaluru (Code-10), Belagavi (Code-11), Bellary (Code-12), Vijayapura (Code-13), Davangere (Code-14), Dharwad (Code-15), Kalburgi (Code-16), Mangalore (Code-17), Mysuru (Code-18), Shimoga (Code-19), Tumkur (Code-20)
Application Form for KSET 2018
- Candidates seeking admission to KSET 2018 must apply online http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in
- Before proceeding to apply Candidates must possess a scanned passport size photo in JPEG format (4.5cm x 3.5cm) memory should not exceed 200 Kbytes.
- Candidates should register (sign up for registration) giving required E-mail id & password. Candidates then proceed to give their personal, educational and KSET exam details, while mentioning their educational qualification they should mention their PG course as Passed or appearing as the case may be
- Candidate should note down and remember their Email ID and password till the announcement of final results of KSET 2018)
- Payments towards KSET Fee including bank charges must be deposited to KSET accounts through KSET website or in any of the nearest State Bank of India branch
- Pay the application fee through one of the modes. After two working days of payment, candidates have to login and download the application form
- A hard copy of the application form, along with attested copies of SSLC Marks Card, Category certificate, proof of qualifying exam certificate and final PG Degree Marks Card, and e-challan or web generated receipt, must be sent to respective nodal center before the last date
Exam Fee and Mode of Payment
- General: Rs.1050/-
- CAT - IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB: Rs.850/-
- CAT-I, SC/ST/PWD (VH/PH): Rs.520/-
- Late fee of Rs.150/- has to be paid by candidates who submit online application after the last date till the extended period
- For any additional information, please see - Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) 2018 Notification (http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in)
Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) Center
Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) for Lecturer /Assistant Professors (Accredited by UGC, New Delhi), University of Mysore, Pareeksha Bhavan, Crawford hall, Mysore-570005, Website http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in