University of Mysore announces Karnataka State Eligibility Test for the recruitment to the post of Lecturer/Assistant Professors
Karanataka SET 2021 – Applications are invited from the eligible candidates to appear for Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) – 2021 for Assistant Professor to be conducted on 11th April 2021
Candidates are required to fill the online Application Form of Karnataka SET 2021 before the last date i.e. 07th March 2021 to be an Assistant Professor in a reputed or recognized university.
Also see : KSET 2021 revised Exam Date announced, to be held on July 2
About Karnataka SET 2021
- Karnataka State Eligibility Test (K-SET) is a yearly exam conducted for the recruitment to the post of Lecturer/Assistant Professors
- Candidates who qualify the Karnataka SET-2021 are governed by the recruitment rules and regulations stipulated for the Lecturers/Assistant Professors of concerned Universities/Colleges/ Institutions (Govt. /Aided/Private) of Karnataka State.
Karnataka SET 2021 Important Dates
|Notification date||06th February 2021|
|Submission of online application commences from||08th February 2021|
|Last date for submission of online application||07th March 2021|
|Last date for submission of online application With late fee||13th March 2021|
|Last date for submission of hard copy of the application||15th March 2021|
|Date of Examination||11th April 2021 extended till July 25, 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka SET 2021
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for general category and 50% for SC/ST/PWD/OBCs i.e., Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB, in Master’s Degree OR equivalent exam from universities/institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s Degree (First or Second Semester) or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their Master’s Degree (Final Year) exam and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying exams have been delayed may also apply
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the KSET, eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master’s degree or equivalent exam securing at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC, ST, OBC i.e., Cat- I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB) and PWD candidates) within two years from the date of KSET result, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates shall appear for KSET in their relevant subject of their post-graduation only, in case the candidate did not find the subject of his/her post-graduation in the list of KSET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level Exam had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result), shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET
- There is no upper age limit to apply for KSET-2021.
Also see : Karnataka SET 2021 postponed again, check details
Karnataka SET 2021 Application Process
- Candidates must apply online http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in
- Before proceeding to apply Candidates must possess a scanned passport size photo in JPEG format (4.5cm x 3.5cm) memory should not exceed 200 Kbytes.
- Candidates should register (sign up for registration) giving required E-mail id & password. Candidates then proceed to give their personal, educational and Karnataka SET exam details, while mentioning their educational qualification they should mention their PG course as Passed or appearing as the case may be
- Candidate should note down and remember their Email ID and password till the announcement of final results
- Payments towards Karnataka SET Fee including bank charges must be deposited to accounts through officaial website or in any of the nearest State Bank of India branch
- Pay the application fee through one of the modes. After two working days of payment, candidates have to login and download the application form
- A hard copy of the application form, along with attested copies of SSLC Marks Card, Category certificate, proof of qualifying exam certificate and final PG Degree Marks Card, and e-challan or web generated receipt, must be sent to respective nodal center before the last date
General – Rs.1150/-
CAT – IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB – Rs.950/-
CAT-I, SC/ST/PWD (VH/PH) – Rs.650/-
Late fee of Rs.250/- has to be paid by candidates who submit online application after the last date till the extended period
Scheme & Date of Test
- The test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs). The test will be held on 11th April (Sunday) 2021, in two separate sessions as mentioned below:
|Session||Paper||Max. Marks||No. of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 Compulsory||1 Hour (09.30 A.M to 10.30 A.M)|
|Second||II||200||100 Compulsory||2 Hours (11.00 A.M to 1.00 P.M)|
- Shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I and Paper-II on the Optical Marks Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet
Syllabus & Question Paper for Karnataka SET
- Syllabi for all the KSET subjects can be downloaded from the KSET website http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in.
- In case of any discrepancy found in the Kannada translation of a question booklet the question in English version shall be taken as final
- The Eleven Karnataka SET Centers where tests will be conducted in Karnataka State with their respective codes are given below. The candidate can select any one Test Center for KSET.
|Sl. No||Center Name||Center Code|
KSET 2021 Admit Card
- Candidates shall download the admit card on the official website of the conducting authority. The admit cards will be available only for those candidates who have duly filled and submitted the application form before the last date for submission.
- Once the application fee payment is done, the candidates are allowed to download the admit card for KSET 2021.
- Candidates without the admit card will not be allowed to write the KSET 2021 exam.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website