IGNOU B.Ed Course overview and Admission Process
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has announced admission to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programme. The course is intended for those intending to take up teaching as a profession and so will focus at developing the understanding and competencies which will be required for an effective teaching- learning process.
This B.Ed course from IGNOU will also assist the would-be teachers to know more from the practicing teachers on sharing their experiences.
The course will be focused on teaching the students of this course about educational evaluation, school management, etc.
The medium of instruction for the B.Ed. course from IGNOU will be English and Hindi.
The minimum duration for the B.Ed. course from IGNOU will be two years and the maximum period given for completion of the course will be four years.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Ed. from IGNOU
Check out the eligibility details of the course, by clicking here
The admission in the B.Ed course being offered by IGNOU will be done by the Regional Centre on the basis of the entrance test, which will be conducted by IGNOU all over India. The candidate will have to submit an application form with attested copy of documents as specified in Entrance-cum-Admission Form of the University. The originals are not to be submitted at this moment and will be submitted after the student receives a letter of admission from the Regional Centre after the entrance test.
How to apply?
- Candidates can apply for IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance test 2020 “Online” only on the website https://ntaignou.nic.in.
- Online Application Form may be submitted by accessing NTA website https://ntaignou.nic.in. TheApplication Form other than online mode will not be accepted, in anycase.
- Before filling the online entrance form, please read carefully regarding the eligibility and programme details in e-prospectus available at https://ntaignou.nic.in, www.ignou.ac.in.
- Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website https://ntaignou.nic.in, www.ignou.ac.in. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates must ensure that the email address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through email on the given email address or SMS on given mobile number only.
Instructions for filling Online Application Form:
- Download Information Bulletin and e-prospectus and Replica of Application Form. Read Information Bulletin carefully to ensure your eligibility.
Follow the 5 steps given below to Apply Online:
- Step-1: Apply for Online Registration and note down the system generated Application No.
- Step-2: Fill Online Application Form
- Step-3: Upload Scanned Photo (between 10 kb - 200 kb) & Signature (between 4kb - 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step-4: Pay Examination Fee using Syndicate/ICICI Payment Gateway and keep the proof of fee paid.
- Step-5: Download Confirmation Page and Print at least four copies of Confirmation Page.
- All the 5 Steps can be completed at a time or at separate times.
- The candidates invited for offline admission counselling at nodal regional centers will be intimated on their e- mail id, alternatively candidates can access the intimation on the IGNOU website www.ignou.ac.in. They are advised to make timely arrangements to appear for the counseling and for joining the programme, as the case may be. The University will not issue any paper intimation to the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to check IGNOU admission link regularly on website www.ignou.ac.in.
Entrance Test for B.Ed. admissions by IGNOU
The entrance test for admission to B.Ed. course will be conducted by the NTA on 27th July 2019 .
The programme fee is Rs. 50,000 for the entire programme in Lump sum which will be paid in the first year only. Candidates seeking admission into the programme are advised not to pay the fee along with the filled-in application form as they will get a separate communication about their admission and payment of fee.
The B.Ed. from IGNOU consists of four groups which deals with a concoction of theory and practical courses which will in turn look at developing the knowledge, skills and attitude of the practicing teachers. The following are the four groups:
- Group A : Core Courses
- Group B : Content-based Methodology Courses
- Group C : Special Courses
- Group D : Practical Courses
The programme comprises 56 credits.For IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam Notification for 2020 intake click here
|B.Ed. Entrance Exam Preparation Practice Test (Latest updated) - MCQ Questions Bank Software from Previous B.Ed. Entrance Exams Question Papers >> Details|