National Institute of Technology Durgapur announces Admission to PhD Program 2022 (Odd Semester), Apply now
NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2022 – National Institute of Technology (NIT), Durgapur invites applications from the eligible candidates for admission to Full-Time PhD (Doctoral of Philosophy) under the following categories as per the PhD Regulations of NIT Durgapur for the academic session 2022
NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2022
PhD Specializations and No. of Seats
- Biotechnology (BT): 01
- Civil Engineering (CE): 01
- Chemical Engineering (CH): 01
- Computer Science & Engineering (CS): 04
- Chemistry (CY): 02
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC): 01
- Electrical Engineering (EE): 02
- Mathematics (MA): 01
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering (MM): 01
- Management Studies (MS): 01
- Total: 15 Seats
- Opening Date for submission of Online Application 28th Dec 2022
- Closing Date for submission of Online Application 13th January 2023
- Publication of Applicant’s List 17th January 2023
- Verification of Submitted documents by the Respective Departments /Centres: 17th January 2023
- Publication of Shortlisted Candidates on the Institute website as prepared by the respective Departments / Centres: 20th January 2023
- Admission test and Viva-voce by the Respective Departments /Centres: 24th January 2023 – 25th January 2023 & 27th January 2023
- Publication of Results on the Institute website: 31st January 2023
- Admission and Enrollment of Selected candidates/ Physical Reporting to the Institute: 07th – 09th February 2023
- Publication of WAITLIST Candidates if any 13th February 2023
- Admission of Candidates from Waitlist: 16th to 17th February 2023
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2022
- Candidates should have M.Tech/ME/M.Arch/M.Pharm/equivalent in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks in aggregate in the M.Tech/equivalent level from a recognized Technical Institute or University/Govt. Open University.
- Candidates should have B.Tech/BE/MCA/B.Arch/B.Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 7.5 CGPA or 70% marks in aggregate from a recognized Technical Institute or University/Govt. Open University.
- Candidates should have M.Sc/M.Com/MA/MBBS/BDS in relevant discipline with at least 6.0 CGPA or 55% marks or equivalent in aggregate from a recognized institute or University/Govt. Open University.
- Qualification in GATE/CSIR-UGC NET/DBT or other similar admission tests conducted by Govt of India agencies for admission to the PhD program is mandatory as per MHRD norm for candidates not having M.Tech/ME degree for Category B & C (full time).
National Eligibility Test Qualifications
- Category A: Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Graduate/ Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through any National Eligibility Tests or selection process as described
- List of NETs: CSIR, UGC, GATE, JAM, GPAT, DBT-JRF, JEST, ICMR, ICAR, NBHM, Bioinformatics National Certification Examination etc. However, these qualifications will have to be relevant to the qualifying degree of the candidate concerned. The GATE/ NET must be valid on date.
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://nitdphdadmission.com/
- The candidates desirous to seek admission are required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- The application fee of Rs.1500/- (Rs.1000/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates), which is non-refundable, has to be paid to the following account by means of NEFT or IMPS only
- A shortlisting of applications will be made by the respective departments based on the documents submitted (online) and only the short-listed candidates will be intimated for admission test and viva voce (online) on the notified date
- All shortlisted candidates shall appear for the admission test online. There may be a further screening after the admission test for viva voce, depending upon the number of candidates.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website