PhD Specializations and No. of Seats
Civil Engineering (CE)
Chemical Engineering (CH)
Computer Science & Engineering (CS)
Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC)
Electrical Engineering (EE)
Metallurgical & Materials Engineering (MM)
Management Studies (MS)
NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
Last date of form submission (Online)
23rd January 2021
Date of publication of list of applicants
25th January 2021
Date of publication of shortlisted candidates on the website
27th January 2021
Date of online admission test and viva-voce
29th January 2021
Publication of results on the website
01st February 2021
Online admission and enrollment of selected candidates
03rd February 2021
Publication of Waitlist availability
Will be notified later
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2021
- Candidates should have M.Tech/ME/M.Arch/M.Pharm/equivalent in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks in aggregate in the M.Tech/equivalent level from a recognized Technical Institute or University/Govt. Open University.
- Candidates should have B.Tech/BE/MCA/B.Arch/B.Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 7.5 CGPA or 70% marks in aggregate from a recognized Technical Institute or University/Govt. Open University.
- Candidates should have MBA/PGDBM/PGDM in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks or equivalent in aggregate from a recognized institute or university/Govt. Open University.
- Candidates should have M.Sc/M.Com/MA/MBBS/BDS in relevant discipline with at least 6.0 CGPA or 55% marks or equivalent in aggregate from a recognized institute or University/Govt. Open University.
- CA/ICWAI/CS with a graduation degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent in aggregate
- Qualification in GATE/CSIR-UGC NET/DBT or other similar admission tests conducted by Govt of India agencies for admission to the PhD program is mandatory as per MHRD norm for candidates not having M.Tech/ME degree for Category B & C (full time).
National Eligibility Test Qualifications
Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Graduate/ Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through any National Eligibility Tests or selection process as described
List of NETs
CSIR, UGC, GATE, JAM, GPAT, DBT-JRF, JEST, ICMR, ICAR, NBHM, Bioinformatics National Certification Examination etc. However, these qualifications will have to be relevant to the qualifying degree f the candidate concerned. The GATE/ NET must be valid on date.
NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://nitdphdadmission.com/
- The candidates desirous to seek admission are required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- The Candidates must bring the printed application form, all the original documents (proof of date of birth, mark sheets and academic certificates, caste certificates, no objection certificates, sponsorship certificates, payment proof etc. as applicable) and a set of self-attested photocopies of the same and one colour passport size photograph along with them During their physical reporting (to be announced later) to the institute.
- The application fee of Rs.1500/- (Rs.1000/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates), which is non-refundable, has to be paid to the following account by means of NEFT or IMPS only
- However, a valid payment proof document of a successful transaction has to be produced by the candidate.
- A shortlisting of applications will be made by the respective departments based on the documents submitted (online) and only the short-listed candidates will be intimated for admission test and viva voce (online) on the notified date. All shortlisted candidates shall appear for the admission test online. There may be a further screening after the admission test for viva voce, depending upon the number of candidates.
- The admission committees of the respective departments are fully empowered and responsible for selection and their decision is final in the admission process.