NIT Durgapur PhD Admission Even Semester 2019-20
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Durgapur announce admission to PhD Program 2019-20 (Even Semester)
NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2019-20 - National Institute of Technology (NIT), Durgapur invites eligible candidates for admission to Full-Time (without fellowship) PhD (Doctoral of Philosophy) Research Scholars (with Fellowship) in the following departments for the even semester 2019.
Also See : Phd Admissions
Eligible applicants for admission to PhD (Doctoral of Philosophy) Program 2019 following categories:
Full-time Research Scholar with Institute Fellowship: Open for the Departments as stated below. (with a maximum 5 years of Scholarship):
- Biotechnology (BT); Civil Engineering (CE); Chemical Engineering; Computer Sciences & Engineering; Chemistry; Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC); Electrical Engineering; Humanities & Social Studies (HS); Mathematics; Mechanical Engineering; Metallurgical & Materials Engineering; Management Studies; Physics (PH) [Total Seats - 25]
Full-time Research Scholar with financial support from Government Programs (sponsored by DST, CSIR, UGC etc.)
- Candidates seeking admission to PhD program having their fellowship from various government organisations such as CSIR, UGC, DBT etc. (Must be supported by a No Objection Certificate from the Proposed Supervisor).
- Candidates seeking admission to PhD program having their fellowship under the DST-INSPIRE scheme (Must be supported by a No Objection Certificate from the Proposed Supervisor).
Full-time Research Scholar selected in Externally Funded Sponsored Projects in the Institute
- Must be supported by a No Objection Certificate from the Principal Investigator, indicating the duration for which the fellowship is available.
- Note: Walk-in Admission Test and Viva Voce for Admission to PhD program – Full Time (Institute Fellowship, Externally Funded Sponsored Projects, CSIR/UGC, DST-Inspire Fellowship)
NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
Date of admission test and viva voce (in respective department)
02nd January 2020
Publication of results on the website
06th January 2020
Date of admission and start of the programme
09th January 2020
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2019-20
- Candidates should have M.Tech/ME/M.Arch/M.Pharm/equivalent in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks in aggregate in the M.Tech/equivalent level from a recognized Technical Institute or University/Govt. Open University.
- Candidates should have B.Tech/BE/MCA/B.Arch/B.Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 7.5 CGPA or 70% marks in aggregate from a recognized Technical Institute or University/Govt. Open University.
- Candidates should have MBA/PGDBM/PGDM in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks or equivalent in aggregate from a recognized institute or university/Govt. Open University.
- Candidates should have M.Sc/M.Com/MA/MBBS/BDS in relevant discipline with at least 6.0 CGPA or 55% marks or equivalent in aggregate from a recognized institute or University/Govt. Open University.
- CA/ICWAI/CS with a graduation degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent in aggregate
- Qualification in GATE/CSIR-UGC NET/DBT or other similar admission tests conducted by Govt of India agencies for admission to the PhD program is mandatory as per MHRD norm for candidates not having M.Tech/ME degree for Category B & C (full time).
National Eligibility Test Qualifications
- Category A: Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Graduate/ Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through any National Eligibility Tests or selection process as described (F. No.: 12-2/2019- U1 dated Jan 31, 2019)
List of NETs:
- CSIR, UGC,GATE,JAM, GPAT,DBT-JRF, JEST,ICMR,ICAR,NBHM, Bioinformatics National Certification Examination etc. (OM No. SB/S9/2-01/2015 dated January 07, 2015)
- However, these qualifications will have to be relevant to the qualifying degree f the candidate concerned. (see below)
- The GATE/ NET must be valid on date.
- Category B and C: Eligibility as per the terms and conditions of the funding agency.
- Above eligibility is minimum requirement only. Good academic career and higher qualification will be preferred. However, mere eligibility shall not ensure a call for admission test and/or viva voce.
- Fellowship as per the present norms of MHRD, Government of India (vide letter no. F.17-2/2014-TS.I dated March 02, 2015) shall be available to all selected Institute sponsored PhD research scholars (Category A), depending on qualification.
NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2019-20 Application Process
- NIT Durgapur PhD Admission application form will be available at website https://admin.nitdgp.ac.in/
- Hard copy application in prescribed format (to be submitted on the day of admission test in the respective department).
- Each application must be accompanied by a non-refundable Demand Draft of Rs 1,500/- (Rs 1,000/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates), in favour of “National Institute of Technology Durgapur” payable at Canara Bank, NIT Durgapur.
- No accommodation shall be provided for the admission test & viva for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- No TA/DA will be provided to the candidates coming for the purpose Ph.D. admission test and viva.
- The admission committee of the respective department is fully responsible for selection and their decision is final in the admission process. All clauses in the Ph.D. regulations of the Institute, posted on the Institute website, shall be applicable for the admission. Queries, if any, should be directed to the respective departments.
- Candidates must come up personally with application form complete in all respects along with self attested photocopies of all the necessary documents on the day of admission test and viva voce (January 02nd, 2020 at 9:00 AM) and reach respective departments
Visit www.nitdgp.ac.in regularly for announcements related to Ph.D. admission.
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Durgapur, Mahatma Gandhi Avenue, Durgapur-713209 (West Bengal), Website www.nitdgp.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India