Indian Institute of Technology announces Joint Admission Test for Masters(IIT JAM) 2023 for MSc Admission
IIT JAM 2023 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gawahati invites online application for Joint Admission Test (IIT JAM) 2023 for admission to Master of Science and other Post-Graduate Science Programs at IITs.
A national level Common Admission Test for admission to M.Sc Program is scheduled to be conducted in online mode on 12th February 2023 (Sunday). IIT Guwahati is the organizing institute for JAM 2023
Candidates who want to appear for the IIT JAM 2023 Exam, can go through the article in the post below for complete information including important dates, application form, Fees, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, Syllabus, etc.
About JAM 2023
- JAM 2023 is a Computer Based Test (CBT) to be conducted in SEVEN different subjects: Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Economics (EN), Geology (GG), Mathematical Statistics (MS), Mathematics (MA), Physics (PH).
- Fully objective type, with three types of questions: (i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), (ii) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and (iii) Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- Candidates can appear for either ONE or TWO test papers.
- DIRECT admission to approximately 3000 seats in various postgraduate programmes at IITs.
- JAM 2023 scores likely to be used by around 30 CFTIs including NITs, IISc, DIAT, IIEST, IISER, IIPE, JNCASR, SLIET for over 2300 seats.
List of Programs Offered through JAM Exam 2023
- Integrated Ph.D. in Biological Sciences
- M.Sc in Applied Geology
- M.Sc in Applied Geophysics
- Master of Science in Applied Statistics and Informatics
- MSc in Biotechnology
- MSc in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Chemistry
- MSc in Physics
- Master of Science – Ph.D. dual degree in Environmental Science and Engineering
- MSc-Ph.D dual degree in Operations Research
- Master of Science – M.Tech. in Materials Science with a specialization in Nano Science and Technology
- MSc in Mathematics and Computing
- Joint M.Sc-Ph.D in Geology
- Master of Science Ph.D. dual degree in Physics
- Joint M.Sc-Ph.D in Physics
- MSc-Ph.D in Geophysics
- Joint M.Sc-Ph.D in Chemistry
- Joint M.Sc-Ph.D in Mathematics
- MSc in Economics
- Joint M.Sc-Ph.D in Atmosphere & Operations Sciences
IIT JAM 2023 Important Dates
- Online Application for Examination : September 7, 2022 – October 11, 2022
- JAM 2023 Examination : February 12, 2023 (Sunday)
- Forenoon Session : Chemistry (CY)/ Geology (GG)/ Mathematics (MA)
- Afternoon Session : Biotechnology (BT)/ Economics (EN)/ Mathematical Statistics (MS)
- Declaration of JAM 2023 Results : March 22, 2023 (Wednesday)
- Online Application for Admission : April 11 – April 25, 2023
IIT JAM 2023 Participation Institutes
- IIT Bhilai www.iitbhilai.ac.in
- IIT Bhubaneswar www.iitbbs.ac.in
- IIT Bombay www.iitb.ac.in
- IIT Delhi www.iitd.ac.in
- IIT (ISM) Dhanbad www.iitism.ac.in
- IIT Gandhinagar www.iitgn.ac.in
- IIT Guwahati www.iitg.ernet.in
- IIT Hyderabad www.iith.ac.in
- IIT Indore www.iiti.ac.in
- IIT Jammu www.iitjammu.ac.in
- IIT Jodhpur www.iitj.ac.in
- IIT Kanpur www.iitk.ac.in
- IIT Kharagpur www.iitkgp.ac.in
- IIT Madras www.iitm.ac.in
- IIT Mandi https://iitmandi.ac.in/
- IIT Patna www.iitp.ac.in
- IIT Roorkee www.iitr.ac.in
- IIT Ropar www.iitrpr.ac.in
- IIT Varanasi www.iitbhu.ac.in
- IIT Palakkad www.iitpkd.ac.in
Eligibility Criteria for IIT JAM 2023
- Candidates who qualify in JAM 2023 must fulfill the following Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for admissions to IITs.
- Candidates should have passed an undergraduate degree or should be currently studying in their final year of undergraduate programme. Proof of having passed the undergraduate degree should be submitted by September 30, 2023.
- Candidates promoted without a marksheet should produce a certificate stating the subjects studied in that semester/year duly signed by the Head of the Institute.
- Foreign nationals with Indian degrees are eligible to apply, subject to policy of the Admitting Institute.
- At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form. The admitted candidates may also have to undergo a Physical Fitness test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute. Admission is liable to be canceled if a candidate is found physically unfit to pursue their chosen course of study..
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to prove that they satisfy the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for admission.
- The Admitting Institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of candidates who are found to have been admitted to a Programme to which they are not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the rules and regulations in effect.
- All Information related to JAM 2023 is available on the Website https://jam.iitg.ac.in/
- Candidates can apply for JAM 2023 through official website from 07th September 2022- https://jam.iitg.ac.in/
- The steps to apply for JAM are:
- Step 1 – A candidate has to first register on JOAPS website, by providing his/her name, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password.
- Step 2 – Upon successful registration, an E-mail containing the candidate’s enrolment ID is sent to the E-mail address provided by the candidate
- Step 3 – Fill the application form.
- Step 4 – Upload all the scanned images needed.
- Step 5 – Pay the application fee.
- Step 6 – Print the application form and keep it safe for reference
- The details of the application fee are given below. The application fee is non-refundable.
Female (All Categories) / SC / ST / PwD*
- One Test Paper : Rs 900/-
- Two Test Papers : Rs 1250/-
- One Test Paper : Rs 1800/-
- Two Test Papers : Rs 2500/-
Mode of Payment
- Online through Credit card/Debit/Net -banking
- *PwD: Person with benchmark Disability
- Only candidates who qualify in JAM 2023 (whose names appear in the Merit List) will be eligible to apply for admission to any of the academic programs available at IITs.
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Pattern
- The JAM 2023 Examination for all the seven Test Papers will be a Computer Based Test (CBT) where the candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen.
- For all the seven Test Papers, the duration of the examination will be of 3 hours*.
- The medium for all the Test Papers will be English only.
- There will be a total of 60 questions carrying a total of 100 marks.
- The entire paper will be divided into three sections A, B and C.
- All sections are compulsory.
- Questions in each section will be of different types as given below:
- Section – A contains a total of 30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) involving 10 questions of one mark each and 20 questions of two marks each. Each MCQ has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer. Candidates can mark the answer by clicking the choice.
- Section – B contains a total of 10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQs) carrying two marks each. Each MSQ is similar to MCQ but with the difference that MSQ may have one or more than one correct choice(s) out of the four given choices. The candidate gets full credit only if he/she selects all the correct answer(s) and no wrong answers. Candidates can mark the answer(s) by clicking the choice(s).
- Section – C contains a total of 20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions involving 10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each. For these NAT type questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor. No choices will be shown for NAT questions.
- In all sections, questions not attempted will result in zero marks.
- In Section – A (MCQ), wrong answers will result in negative marks. For each wrong answer to 1-mark questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted and similarly for each wrong answer to 2-mark questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted.
- In Section – B (MSQ), there are no negative and no partial marking provisions. There is no negative marking in Section – C (NAT) as well.
- IIT Kharagpur: Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam
- IIT Bombay: Ahmedabad, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Vadodara
- IIT Guwahati: Asansol-Durgapur, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri
- IIT Madras: Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Warangal
- IIT Delhi: Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi
- IIT Roorkee: Dehradun, Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali, Moradabad, Roorkee
- IIT Kanpur: Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi
IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card
- Under the respective logins of the registered JAM aspirants, admit card is issued. The admit card can be accessed in the online mode only using JAM email id / enrolment number and password
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website