Guru Jambheshwar University (GJUST) PhD Admission 2019
Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, Hisar notifies PhD Admission 2019 through Entrance Test
Guru Jambheshwar University PhD Admission 2019 - Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, Hisar invites applications for admission to Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic year 2019
The University offers the following research programs leading to award of degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) 2019
- The numbers of vacant seats/slots available for admission to Ph.D. programme for the session 2019-20 in various Departments/School of the University are as under:
- Mechanical Engineering - 13 Seats
- Environment Science & Engineering - 11 Seats
- Pharmaceutical Sciences: 14 Seats (Pharmacognosy-01, Pharmacology-03, Pharmaceutical Chemistry-10)
- Physiotherapy - 06 Seats
- Bio & Nano Technology - 5 Seats (Nano Science & Technology-03, Biotechnology-02)
- Physics - 03 Seats (Optical Metrology-02), Nanomaterial-01)
- Computer Science & Engg. - 02 Seats (Data Mining Information Retrieval-01, Mobile Communication-01)
- Electronics & Comm. Engg - 02 Seats
- Food Technology 01 Seats
Note: No. of Ph.D. seats may increase or decrease in any of the above departments. The detail of distribution of seats and their reservation as per guidelines of Haryana Govt. for each department of the university is given in information brochure.
Eligibility Criteria for Guru Jambheshwar University PhD Admission 2019
A candidate who wishes to be accepted as a candidate for Ph.D. programme must satisfy the following academic criteria:
- Master 's degree in the subject concerned or in an allied subject with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates of Haryana) in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- For Haryana School of Business: Master's Degree or any other degree recognized equivalent thereto in Business Administration or Economics or Commerce or in allied subjects or Two years Post Graduate Diploma in Management recognized as equivalent to MBA by AICTE/AIU or Graduates having passed their final examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates of Haryana) in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- For any inter-disciplinary research, Ph.D. degree will be awarded by the Faculty of the concerned Department in which the candidate is registered.
- Applications for enrolment to Ph.D. Programme shall be advertised once a year normally in the month of September/October.
- The University shall make admission to Ph.D. Programme through an entrance test.
- The syllabi of Entrance Test will be decided by the concerned Teaching Departments/School based on core courses of the qualifying P.G. programme.
- The detailed syllabi will be uploaded by the department on the University Website.
- Entrance Test will be of 100 marks and a candidate must secure 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST candidates of Haryana) to qualify the same.
- A relaxation of 5% in entrance test in minimum eligible cut off marks (47.5 for General Category and 42.5 for SC/ST candidates) will be given to the Candidates who have passed their qualifying Examinations from GJUS&T, HISAR.
University Research Scholarship:
- Each department will have one University Research Scholarship. It will be awarded as per scholarship ordinance of the University. The amount of the scholarship shall be Rs. 5000/- per month and it should be awarded from the date of admission in Ph.D. Programme and Rs. 8000/- from the date of confirmation of Ph.D. registration in the respective departments. The contingency amount shall be Rs. 5000/- per annum.
Study Grant Scheme for Ph.D. Scholars in the field of Social Sciences:
- The purpose of study grant is to provide financial assistance to Ph.D. scholars in the field of Social Sciences. Therefore, interested Ph.D. scholars may find detailed information and Application form for above said scheme from the website www.icssrnwrc.org.in
HSCST Fellowship Program:
- The Haryana State Council for Science & Technology (HSCST), Panchkula has introduced fellowship programme for students pursuing Ph.D. in science subjects.
- The maximum period of fellowship is five years and the amount is Rs.18000/- per month for the first two years and Rs.21000/- per month for the 3rd year onwards. The fellowship carries an annual contingency grant of Rs. 20000/-. However, any change in the amount of fellowship from time to time will be applicable. The details of the scheme are available on HSCST website www.dstharyana.org.
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Guru Jambheshwar University PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- A candidate can apply for admission to a programme only online by visiting the website www.gjust.ac.in. Go to the link “Ph.D. Admission-2019-20” and click it. (The deposition of registration fee will entitle you appearing in the entrance test. However, the admission shall be made as per the norms mentioned in the ‘Information Brochure (Ph.D.)’ for the session 2019-20.
- A Registration Fee of Rs. 1200/- for General Category; Rs. 300/- for reserved categories and Rs. 600/- for Economical Weaker Sections (EWS) of Haryana is to be remitted through Debit/Credit Card or by Net Banking for each programme (separately if applying for more than one programme).
- Before initiating the process of submission of application form for admission to Ph.D. Programme (2019-20), the candidate should ensure that he/she has:
- Scanned latest Photograph (in jpeg, jpg or png format only with dimension dpi: 200 and size : 20-50 kb).
- Scanned Signatures (in jpeg, jpg or png format only with dimension dpi: 200 and size :20-50 kb).
- Scanned copy of Category Certificate, if the candidate is paying the registration fee of Rs.300/- or Rs. 600/- for application form.
- Information Brochure for Ph.D Admission can be download from University website: www.gjust.ac.in
Guru Jambheshwar University PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
Availability of Information Brochure – Ph.D.(download from University website)
13th December 2019
Last date for submission of Online Application Form and payment of fee through Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card
27th December 2019
Date of Entrance Test
08th January 2020
Date of display of Entrance Test Result on University
09th January 2020
Date of Counselling for admission in Ph.D. Programme
13th January 2020 (at 10:00 am in respective departments)
Commencement of classes for course work of Ph.D. Programme
15th January 2020
For more information please visit the website: www.gjust.ac.in
Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, Hisar, (Estd by State Legislature Act 17 of 1995, ‘A’ Grade NAAC Accredited Hisar, Haryana), Website www.gjust.ac.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India