BITS Pilani Higher Degree Admission 2019 for ME /M.Pharm Courses
BITS Pilani Higher Degree Admission 2019, Eligibility, Application, Dates
BITS Pilani Higher Degree ME M.Pharm Admission Test 2019 - BITS, Pilani invites applications for admission to Higher Degree (HD) Programs BITS ME /M.Pharm for academic year 2019-20 at Pilani Campus, Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus.
Admissions to all the Higher Degree Programs of BITS, Pilani, at its Pilani Campus, Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus for the I Semester 2019-20 will be made on the basis of a Computer based Online Test conducted by BITS, Pilani followed by interview(s) of shortlisted candidates.
Interested candidates can read the complete information on BITS ME & M.Pharm Admission 2019 such as application form, eligibility criteria, application fee, etc. on this page.
Important Dates for BITS Pilani Higher Degree ME M.Pharm Admission Test 2019
- Portal to Apply Online Opens on: 18th March 2019
- Deadline for Submission of completed Application Form online with prescribed fee: 30th April 2019
- Announcement of admission offers to candidates based on GATE / GPAT score (Iteration 1): 03rd May 2019
- Payment of advance fees by candidates offered admission through GATE / GPAT: 20th May 2019
- BITS HD Online Test: 15th & 26th May 2019
- Announcement of admission offers to candidates based on BITS HD test and GATE / GPAT (Iteration 2): 3rd June 2019
- Payment of advance fees by candidates offered admission through Iteration 2: 18th June 2019
- Announcement of admission offers to candidates admitted through BITS HD test and GATE / GPAT (Iteration 3): 25th June 2019
- Payment of advance fees by candidates offered admission through Iteration 3: 5th July 2019
- Payment of balance fees by all students offered admission to HD Program: 15th July 2019
- Announcement of admission offers to candidates admitted through BITS HD test and GATE / GPAT (Iteration 4): 18th July 2019
- Payment of fees by students offered admission through Iteration 4: 25th July 2019
- Reporting date for admission in respective campus: 29th July 2019
- Freshman Orientation Program: 31st July 2019
- Registration: 01st August 2019
- Important dates related to the BITS HD Test:
- Test Center allotment to Candidates: 02nd May 2019
- Slot and Date booking: 04th to 07th May 2019
- Candidates to download Hall tickets: 09th May to 14th May 2019
- Online HD Test: 15th and 26th May 2019
See: Pharmacy Admissions
Higher Degree Programs offered at BITS Pilani
(i) at BITS, Pilani - Pilani Campus
- M.E. Biotechnology; Chemical; ME Chemical (with specialization in Petroleum Eng.); M.E Civil (with specialization in Structural Eng./Transportation Engineering); M.E Communication Engineering; M.E Microelectronics; M.E Electrical (with specialization in Power Electronics & Drives); M.E Embedded Systems; M.E Mechanical; M.E Manufacturing Systems Engineering; M.E Design Engineering; M.E Computer Science; M.E Software Systems
M.Pharm (Pilani only)
- M.Pharm with specialization in Pharmaceutics (Pilani & Hyderabad)
- M.Pharm with specialization in Pharmaceutical Chemistry (Pilani only)
(ii) at BITS, Pilani-Goa Campus
- M.E.: Biotechnology; Chemical*; Design Engineering; Embedded Systems; Software Systems *Chemical with specialization in Process System Engineering is also being planned
(iii) at BITS, Pilani-Hyderabad Campus
- M.E Biotechnology; M.E Chemical; M.E Civil (with specialization in Structural Eng.); M.E Civil (with specialization in Transportation Engineering); M.E Communication Engineering; M.E Computer Science; M.E Design Engineering; M.E Mechanical; M.E Microelectronics
Duration of Courses
- Normally four semesters (for M.E. / M.Pharm.) and 3 Semesters (M.Phil.)
- Final list of programs offered is subject to a minimum number of applications for a particular Program
Eligibility Criteria for BITS Pilani Higher Degree ME M.Pharm Admission Test 2019
- A minimum aggregate of 60% in the qualifying degree examination for All Programs. See for Program wise eligibility.
Eligibility Criteria Program-wise:
- M.E. Biotechnology: Any integrated first degree of BITS or its equivalent with adequate preparation in Biochemistry and Microbiology
- M.E. Chemical; Civil; Computer Science: Integrated first degree of BITS in the respective discipline or its equivalent
- M.E. Communication Eng.: Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/Electronics & Instrumentation/Electronics & Communication or its equivalent
- M.E. Electrical (with specialization in Power Electronics & Drives): Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/Electronics & Instrumentation or its equivalent
- M.E. Embedded Systems: Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/Electronics & Instrumentation/Electronics & Communication/ Computer Science or its equivalent
- M.E. Mechanical; Design Engineering; Manufacturing Systems Engineering: Integrated first degree of BITS in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or its equivalent
- M.E. Mechanical (with specialization in Thermal Engineering): Integrated first degree of BITS in Mechanical or its equivalent
- M.E. Microelectronics: Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation/Electronics & Communication/Computer Science/Physics or its equivalent
- M.E. Software Systems: Any Integrated first degree of BITS or its equivalent with specific prior preparation
- For Ex: Students with a B.E/B.Tech degree in IT area will be eligible only to apply for ME Software Systems and also may need some specific prior preparation
- M.Pharm; M.Pharm (with specialization in Pharmaceutics/Pharmaceutical Chemistry): Integrated first degree of BITS in Pharmacy or its equivalent
- To all the higher degree programs, admissions will be made, on the basis of merit, as per the modalities explained below:
- Admissions based on GATE (for M. E.) / GPAT (for M. Pharm.) score and
- Admissions based on the marks obtained in the online HD test conducted by BITS
- Interested candidates have to apply online before the deadline. While applying online, candidates will be asked to give their preferences to the different programs offered
- In addition, the candidate has to opt for one of the following:
- Consideration for admission only on the basis of GATE/GPAT score (Scores of GATE 2019 or GATE 2018 or GATE 2017 will be only considered to admissions to M.E. Programs.
- Similarly scores of GPAT 2019 or GPAT 2018 or GPAT 2017 will only be considered to admissions to M.Pharm. Programs). Candidates must however ensure that their GATE/GPAT scores are valid to be considered for admission. This validity as mentioned on the GATE / GPAT scorecard must be mentioned in the application form.
- To be considered only on the basis of marks obtained in the BITS HD online test
Preparation of Merit List
- For making final admission offers two separate merit lists will be prepared for each degree program; one based on GATE/GPAT score, and the other based on Marks obtained in BITS HD test. In each program, 50% of seats will be filled through GATE/GPAT scores and other 50% by BITS HD test marks
- Admission committee will announce a cut-off score in each category, based on the applications received and the seats available.
- Admissions to the M.E. Software Systems Program will be made only through the BITS HD Test
- Details of the Software System BITS HD test are given in Annexure III. Admissions will be made on the basis of merit position of students in the Software System BITS HD test.
Selection Procedure for BITS Pilani Higher Degree ME M.Pharm Admission Test 2019
- Admissions to all Programs will be made purely on merit
- Admissions to all higher degree Programs are based on the performance of the candidates in the computer based online test conducted by BITS test will be a Computer Based Online Test conducted by BITS Pilani at dedicated centers at different cities of India.
Entrance Exam Pattern
- Computer based online test means the candidate sits in front of a Computer and the Questions are presented on the Computer Monitor and the candidate submits the answers though the use of Keyboard & Mouse; each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate on the computer.
- Duration:45 Minutes
- Total No of Questions: 30
- Test I is compulsory for all students who are applying for any of the higher degree Programs of the Institute and will consist of the following sections:
- Core Mathematics - 15 Questions
- English Language Skills & Logical Reasoning - 15 questions Total 30
- Duration: 105 Minutes
- Total number of Questions: 70
- Test II is for Students applying for all higher degree programs except those who are applying for only Software systems
- Test II subject for a student is based on his/her qualifying degree program. This paper will attempt to test student’s grasp of the basic subjects of his discipline
- The discipline courses of different degree Programs of BITS have been used for constructing the questions
Test for Software Systems:
- Duration 60 Minutes and
- Total number of Questions: 50
- This Special aptitude test for Software Systems is required for only those students who are applying for M.E. Software systems
- In order to facilitate a larger number of students all over India to participate in this test, apart from Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad where it is expected that a large number of students will take the test, the Institute is also planning to offer the tests at dedicated test centers in several cities:
- Pilani, Goa, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkatta, Noida, Jaipur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Vijayawada, Bhopal, Patna, Indore, Vadodara, Jodhpur, Coimbatore, Ahmedabad, Guwahati, Pune, Raipur and Vishakapatnam
BITS Pilani Higher Degree ME M.Pharm Admission Test 2019 Application Procedure
- Interested and eligible candidates should apply through the prescribed application form available online at www.bitsadmission.com
- Hard copy of Application form is not required to be sent. However, candidates are advised to take a printout of the filled-in form and keep a copy with them for further reference.
- While filling the application form online candidates are required to give preferences to programs which they wish to apply for
- Candidates shortlisted for the M.Phil. Program will be announced on 3rd June. The test and interview for these candidates will be on 19th July and admission offers will be made on 20th July.
- Details of fee structure for 2019-20 and related modes of payment will be made available on www.bitsadmission.com/hd in the coming days. Candidates must look up the website for information pertaining to fees and regular updates pertaining to HD admissions for 2019-20.
- Please refer to Program wise eligibility criteria
- While applying in the application form candidates who wish to be considered for admission through GATE/GPAT are to enter details of GATE score (year of GATE Exam, GATE All India Rank and GATE Score) or GPAT Score
- Those who wish to be considered through GATE/GPAT score only: Rs.1000/-
- All others Rs.2950/- (including the fee for BITS HD online test)
- Those who give preference for M.E. Software Systems have to appear in BITS HD test, and GATE/GPAT score has no relevance in deciding the merit position of the candidate
- Completed application form along with the prescribed application fee should be submitted online by the prescribed deadline
- Details of modes of Fee Payment are available at the website while applying online
Birla Institute of Technology Sciences (BITS Pilani)
Pilani, Dubai, Goa, Hyderabad, Dean Admissions, BITS Pilani-333031 (Rajasthan), Website www.bistsadmission.com