CBSE Class 11 English Poem 4 “Childhood MCQs with Answers” from Hornbill Book
Childhood MCQs – Here is a compilation of Free MCQs of Class 11 English Hornbill book Poem 4 Childhood. Students can practice free MCQs as have been added by CBSE in the new Exam pattern. At the end of Multiple Choice Questions, the answer key has also been provided for your reference.
Click Here for the MCQ video of Childhood
Click Here to Watch Childhood Summary, Explanation, Question Answers
1. What is the poem ‘Childhood’ about?
A. Poet’s lost childhood
B. Childhood of every person
C. Childhood of poet’s child
D. Poet’s father’s childhood
2. After what age did the poet realise that he had lost his childhood?
3. What the poet could not find in the Geography book?
A. Hell and Heaven
B. End to sky
4. What did the poet find out about Hell and Heaven?
A. They could be found in Geography books
B. They were imaginary places
C. They were in America
D. They were in India
5. What did the poet realise about adults?
A. That they are mature
B. They have to earn money
C. They are not what they seem to be
D. They are cunning
6. Why are the adults not what they seem to be?
A. They talk and preach of love but do not act so
B. They are very shrewd
C. They are selfish
D. They are lazy
7. What did the poet realise about his mind when he lost his childhood?
A. That he can use it in whichever way he wants
B. That he is very intelligent
C. That he is dumb
D. That he cannot use it in whichever way he wants
8. What did the poet conclude about his lost childhood at the end of the poem?
A. It went to another dimension
B. It went to some forgotten place
C. It moved away with time
D. It shifted to his younger sibling
9. Where could he see his childhood now?
A. In an infant’s face
B. Only in his memories
D. In his brother
10. What type of Rhyme Scheme is used in the poem ‘Childhood’?
Class 11 Important Links
|Class 11th English Hornbill and Snapshots Lessons Explanation, Question Answers||Class 11 English Hornbill Book Poems|
|Class 11 English Snapshots Book Lessons Explanation||Class 11th English Hornbill and Snapshots Book MCQs|
|Take Free MCQ Test English|
11. Who is the poet of the poem ‘Childhood’?
A. Shirley Toulson
B. Walt Whitman
C. Marcus Natten
12. What is the meaning of the word ‘ceased’?
A. Starting of something
B. Come to an end
C. In the middle
D. To chase something
13. What is the opposite of the word ‘hidden’?
14. According to the poet, adults are _______
D. Intelligent and Cunning
15. What did the poet sense about himself when he realised he could use his own mind the way he wants?
A. He sensed that he is as intelligent as his friends
B. He sensed his own individuality and a separate personality
C. He sensed that he is very smart
D. He sensed that he could use his mind in creative work
16. What refrain literary device is used in the poem ‘Childhood’?
A. When did my childhood go?
B. Hell and Heaven
C. Could not be found in Geography
D. That’s all I know
17. Antihesis is where two opposite words are used together in a sentence in a poem, where did the poet use it?
A. Infant’s face
B. Forgotten place
C. Hell and Heaven
D. Preached of love
18. Which of these is NOT one of the options where the poet thinks that his childhood has gone?
A. The time when he ceased to be twelve
B. The time when he realized that hell and heaven could not be found in Geography
C. The time when he realized that adults were hypocrites
D.None of the Above
19. Which poetic device has been used in the following line-
Was it when I found my mind was really mine.
20. What question does the poet put forth?
A. “When did my childhood go?”
B. “Where did my childhood go?”
C. Both A and B
D. None of these
Answer key for Class 11 English Hornbill Book Poem 4 – Childhood
|Q. No.||Answer||Q. No.||Answer|
Class 11 English MCQs
|A Photograph MCQs||The Laburnum Top MCQs|
|The Voice of the Rain MCQs||Childhood MCQs|
|Father to Son MCQs|