Tata Institute of Social Science announces National Entrance Test (TISSNET) 2022 for Admission to MA Programs
TISSNET 2022 – Applications are invited by Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS), Mumbai for admission to full-time (regular) Post-Graduate Degree Master of Arts (M.A.) Programs offered at Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses and other locations for the academic session 2022.
As per the official exam notification released by TISS, TISSNET 2022 exam is scheduled to be held on 26th February 2022. The online application process for the same can continue till 07th February 2022. Check complete details on TISSNET 2022 from the page below
- The institute offers Masters of Arts (M.A.) Programs equivalent to MBA. In total, TISS offers 55 programs ranging from the social sector to policy making.
- The TISSNET exam is conducted once every year for admission into the M.A. programs offered by TISS Mumbai and its other campuses. The M.A. in HRM program offered by TISS Mumbai is widely recognised and is preferred by MBA aspirants.
TISSNET Dates 2022
- Announcement of Online Application for Admission: December 17th, 2021
- Last Date for Online form Application / Registration: February 07th, 2022
- Online Pre-admission orientation Program for SC/ST/OBC/Minority & PWD: February 12th to 13th, 2022
- TISS_NET Hall Ticket Available (Online) for Downloading: February 14th to 21st, 2022
- TISS National Entrance Test (TISS_NET) (Computer Based) at Different Centres: February 26th, 2022
- Announcement of TISS-NET Results: To be announced
- Online DAF Opening and Closing Date: To be announced
- Online Assessments (OA): To be announced
- Announcement of Merit List for MA Admission: To be announced
- Online Documents uploading & payment of Fees by the selected candidates and confirm seat from the Merit list: To be announced
- Announcement of First Wait List: To be announced
- Online Documents uploading & payment of Fees by the selected candidates and confirm seat from Waitlist 1: To be announced
- Announcement of Second Wait List: To be announced
- Online Documents uploading & payment of Fees by the selected candidates and confirm seat from Waitlist 2: To be announced
- Completion of Admission formalities: To be announced
- Commencement of New Academic Session 2022-23 for Junior Students: To be announced
TISSNET Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Pass Class’ in the Bachelor’s Degree pursued by the applicant will be taken for determining his/her eligibility.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their Bachelor’s Degree Program, but have not passed in all the courses (main/major/subsidiary, etc.) of the first and second years (if the Degree is of 3 years duration) and first, second and third years (if the Degree is of 4 years duration) on the day of applying for the Program are not eligible to apply for any of the Master’s Degree Programs offered by the Institute
- Eligibility, once determined on the basis of the information given by the candidates in the Application Form, shall be final for the purpose of test/interview/selection
- If a provisionally admitted student fails in the final year of his/her Bachelor’s Degree Exam and even if he/she has re-evaluation at the university/college, he/she will not be allowed to continue the Program as the offer of provisional admission stands automatically cancelled on his/her failure in the final year exam
- Applicable to all Programs except School of Health System Studies Programs
- Candidates having a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years formal education) from a recognized university are eligible to apply
- At the time of applying candidates studying in 3 year degree programs should have passed in all the subjects for the 1st to 4th semesters and candidates studying in 4 year degree programs should have passed in all the subjects for 1st to 6th semester.
- Note: For details and information on the application procedure, please visit their official website
TISSNET Application Process 2022
- Candidates who are eligible (please read eligibility criteria before applying!) and interested for TISS MA admission 2022 have to first apply for the exam.
- Important things to note about the TISSNET application form 2022 are as follows.
- TISSNET 2022 registration is online at the official website tiss.edu
- There is an offline mode of applying too. Candidates from remote places without internet connection can get the offline form, and send the filled copy with a fee by the last date.
- Candidates can apply for upto 3 programmes across 2 campuses during registration for the TISSNET exam. For each, a fee has to be paid.
- To apply for TISSNET 2022, one has to upload relevant documents. This includes photograph, signatures. Plus relevant caste certificate if applicable, and copy of challan if fee is paid by cash
Eligible Goi-pms SC/ST/OBC(NC)
Not-Eligible Goi-pms SC/ST (only)
Through Cash Deposit
Eligible Goi-pms SC/ST/OBC(NC)
Not-Eligible Goi-pms SC/ST (only)
Rs 1000 + Bank Charges
Rs 250 + Bank Charges
Rs 2000 + Bank Charges
Rs 500 + Bank Charges
Rs 3000 + Bank Charges
Rs 750 + Bank Charges
- To Apply Offline –Send request for printed form by Speed Post with application fees to Assistant Registrar (Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088
TISSNET 2022 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: TISSNET 2022 is a computer based test.
- Duration: The Exam will be 100 minutes long.
- Number of Questions: There will be 100 MCQs.
- Sections in Exam: As follows
- English Proficiency – 30
- Mathematical Skills and Logical Reasoning – 30
- General Awareness – 40
- TISSNET 2022 selection procedure has changed.
- Admission to masters programmes at TISS comprises of two stages,
- Stage 1: TISS National Entrance Test (TISS-NET)
- Stage 2: TISS Program Aptitude Test (TISS-PAT) along with TISS Online Personal Interview (OPI)
- Stage 2 of the selection process is aimed at assessing the interest and suitability of the candidate for the program selected.
Program Aptitude Test (TISS-PAT)
- TISS PAT is conducted for the candidates shortlisted from Stage 1
- The duration of the PAT is 45 minutes if candidates selected only one programme. If candidates selected two programmes the duration of the PAT will be 90 minutes and for three programmes the duration will be 135 minutes. The details of PAT will be announced soon.
Management Aptitude Test (TISS-MAT)
- Candidates applying for two programs (i) MA Human Resource Management & Labour Relations (HRM & LR) and (ii) MA Organisation Development, Change and Leadership (ODCL) of Mumbai Campus, the Program Aptitude Test will be known as Management Aptitude Test (TISS-MAT)
TISS MAT Exam Pattern
- Mode: Computer based test (expected, not announced)
- Question Type: Multiple choice questions
- Marking Scheme: +1, -0.25 (expected not announced. But negative marking will definitely be there)
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Comprehension – 15
- Management Data Interpretation – 15
- Business Awareness – 15
Online Personal Interview (OPI)
- OPI is conducted separately for each program applied. Schedule of OPI will be announced after the shortlisted candidates are notified. Candidates can attend the Online Personal Interview (OPI) only after attending the TISS-PAT / TISS-MAT as the case may be.
- The first step towards cracking TISSNET 2022 is to know its syllabus and exam pattern. Every year, this is described by the TATA Institute of Social Sciences
- Aspirants can master their skills in the topics by referring to relevant TISSNET preparation books. Some sections can be studied alongside the CAT 2021 exam.
- English Proficiency; Mathematical & Logical Reasoning; General Awareness; Word Choice / sentence correction; Basic Arithmetic; Politics; Odd-one-out; Basic Geometry; Social Studies; Analogies; Number Series; Science & Technology; Synonyms & Antonyms; Basic Trigonometry; Environment; Grammar; Basic Statistics; Sports; Verbal reasoning; Data interpretation; Art & Culture; Reading comprehension; Logical reasoning; Indian History
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website