Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University announce MSc (Molecular Virology) Course for 2018-19 Session
Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University MSc (Molecular Virology) Admission 2019 – Application are invited for admission to M.Sc. (Molecular Virology) Course for 2019-20 session in King Institute of Preventive Medicine & Research (KIPMR) affiliated to ‘The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University’.
Govt. of Tamil Nadu
- Health & Family Welfare (PME1) Department, Selection Committee Directorate of Medical Education has released the notification for M.Sc. (Molecular Virology) Admission 2019-20 Session.
Duration of Course
- The duration of the M.Sc. (Molecular Virology) course shall be Two Years
- Total No. of Seats Available – 21 seats
See: MSc Admission 2019
- Commencement of Online Application: 13th August 2019
- Last Date for Online Application: 26th August 2019 upto 5.00 P.M.
- Last Date for receipt of Print out of online application: 28th September 2019 upto 05.00 PM
- Candidates seeking admission to the M.Sc. (Molecular Virology) Degree Course should be a Citizen of India and Native of Tamil Nadu
- Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity who have completed B.Sc. (Microbiology) or B.Sc. (Life science) with Microbiology as ancillary, B.Sc. (Bio-Chemistry), B.Sc. (Botany), Bio-Technology, B.Sc. (MLT), M.Sc. (MLT) under regular stream, in other States shall furnish a Nativity Certificate issued by the Competent Authority and supported by a copy of Passport/Ration Card/Voter’s ID / Driving License
- If the copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the application form will be rejected. Nativity Certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected.
- Those who have studied from 11th standard onwards and undergone their UG course for a minimum period of 3 years in Tamil Nadu need not furnish the Nativity Certificate but have to give proof for their study period in Tamil Nadu and also furnish a declaration that they are not claiming Nativity in any other State except in Tamil Nadu which is to be signed by either the parent or guardian and the candidate
- OC candidates seeking admission to the M.Sc. (Molecular Virology) course should have obtained not less than 50 % in the total aggregate marks obtained in all semesters taken together in the B.Sc. (Microbiology) or B.Sc. (Life Science) with Microbiology as ancillary, B.Sc (Bio-Chemistry), B.Sc (Botany), Bio-Technology, B.Sc (MLT), M.Sc (MLT) under regular stream Degree Course. 45 % for BC/BCM / MBC/ DNC candidates and 40% for SC/SCA/ ST candidates
- Candidates should have completed 20 years of age and must not have completed 40 years of age as on 31st December 2019. For SC/SCA/ST candidate’s maximum age is raised to 45 years.
Selection & Admission
- The Selection will be made by counselling based on merit and by applying the Rule of Reservation/Roster method followed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu wherever applicable. The rule of reservation shall be as follows:
- Open Competition – 31%
- Backward Class – 30%
- Most Backward / DE notified – 20%
- Scheduled Caste – 18%
- Scheduled Tribe – 1%
- BC, BCM, MBC, DNC, SC, SCA & ST are eligible for selection under open competition as per merit in addition to the reservation made for them.
- Within the 30% reservation for Backward Classes 3.5% reservation will be provided for Muslims and 16% of seats out of 18% Quota earmarked to Scheduled Caste Arundhati Community
- The merit list for admission of candidates for M.Sc. (Molecular Virology) Course will be made on the basis of total marks obtained by the eligible candidates in all the semester exams of B.Sc. (Microbiology) /B.Sc. (Life Science) with Microbiology as ancillary, under regular stream put together which is reduced to the base of 100 marks.
- Rs.35000/- per year. Special fees and other fees are to be paid at the time of admission in the Institution
- Application for admission to M.Sc. (Molecular Virology) Course 2019-20 session in King Institute of Preventive Medicine and Research affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University will be available in websites www.tnhealth.org and www.tnmedicalselection.org
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Sc. (Molecular Virology) Course are required to send printout of his/her online filled in application form along with necessary enclosures and Demand Draft for Rs.1200/- from any Nationalized Bank, drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai
- SC/SCA/ST Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity are exempted from application fee
- Attested recent identical passport size photographs should be affixed to the application form and scrutiny form
- The photograph must be taken as shown in the instructions. (Annexure III)
- If the Photograph is not a recent one taken at the time of submitting the application, the application will be rejected