Board of Secondary Education, Odisha announces Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) 2021, Apply Now
OSSTET 2021 – The Board of Secondary Education, Odisha has released the 2nd Phase Notification for Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) formally known as Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test (OTET) and invites the application from the eligible candidates for the same.
Registration for OSSTET-2021(2nd) shall be opened from 12nd Nov to 20th November 2021 midnight.
OSSTET (2nd) Dates 2021
- Starting Date for Apply Online: 20th November 2021 at 08:00 AM
- Last Date to Apply Online: 20th November 2021 till 11:45 PM
- OTET Admit Card Issue Date: To be announced
- Examination Date for OTET: To be announced
OSSTET Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Before filling the application, the form candidate should go through the eligibility criteria first. If the candidate will not fully fill all the eligibility criteria then that candidate will not be allowed to appear in the exam. From below candidates can see the Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Candidates must hold Indian Citizenship.
- Read and Write: Candidates must be able to read and write in Odia language.
- He/she must have passed HSC Exam conducted by Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or an equivalent exam conducted by any other State Board or Central Board (like CBSE, ICSE) with Odia as a language subject i.e. First/ Second or Third Language
- He/she must have passed +2/ Higher Secondary Exam conducted by Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha with Odia as an examinable subject
- He must have passed the Odia Exam of HSC/ 10th Standard Single Subject Exam conducted by the B.S.E., Odisha. In case the candidate desire to be language teacher like Hindi/ Classical Teachers (Sanskrit/ Telugu/ Urdu), passing Odia Exam of 07th / 08th Standard conducted by BSE, Odisha shall be allowed
- The examination will be conducted in two different parts for the prospective teachers in two different categories such as:
- Category I: Education Teachers (Trained Graduate Teachers in Science/ Arts, Hindi/ Classical Teacher (Sanskrit/ Urdu/ Telugu).
- Category II: Physical Education Teacher
OSSTET Application Process 2021
- The Information Brochure and Online Application Form are available in the website www.bseodisha.ac.in
- Syllabus of the entrance examination is available in the website as well as in the Information Brochure
Instruction to Apply
- Step 1: On visiting the website, “Log in to your account” screen shall be displayed.
- Step 2: If you have already registered, enter your registered phone number & Password and Login to enter, otherwise click on “Click Here for New Registration” to register.
- Step 3: On clicking “Click Here for New Registration”, Registration OSSTET-2021(2nd) page will be displayed on the screen where you have to enter your Name, Password (to be created by you), re-type the password, enter Mobile No., e-Mail ID & caste category and then “Submit”. The candidate should enter his/ her correct caste.
- Step 4: After clicking “Submit Button” you will be directed again to the “Login to your Account” screen where you have to enter your phone number & Password (created by you) and Login.
- Step 5: After “Login” you will have to enter verification code which shall be sent in your registered mobile number and thereafter click on “Verify” button.
- Step 6: Before going for payment, please read Eligibility Criteria as per Guidelines of OSSTET, 2021(2nd). If you are not eligible, do not make payment. Fee once paid shall not be refunded.
- Step 7: Enter all the mandatory fields and upload the required certificates/ documents/ photos in jpg/jpeg/.jpg/.png file within the specified size. Thereafter click ‘SUBMIT’ button to go to the next stage i.e. “Eligibility Criteria”.
- Step 8: Enter all the required fields under “Eligibility Criteria” and ‘SUBMIT’ to go to the next stage i.e. “Educational Qualification”.
- Step 9: Once the “YES – FINAL SUBMIT” button is clicked, the candidate can no more edit any information already filled.
- For General/OBC/SEBC Category – Rs.500/-
- For SC/ST Category – Rs.300/-
OSSTET Exam Pattern 2021
- There shall be two papers of the OSSTET viz Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Persons having requisite academic and training qualifications as per Category-I have to appear in Paper –I of the Exam
- Persons having requisite academic and training qualification as per Category–II have to appear in Paper-II of the Exam
- The Duration of the Test in each paper shall be 2 hours and 30 minutes
- All questions will be Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) each carrying one mark with four alternatives out of which one is correct
- There shall be Four Sections in each paper
- In section-I, Language I, Odia shall be compulsory for all categories of posts
- In section-II, Language II, English shall be compulsory for all categories of posts
- In section-III, under stream TGT (Arts) and TGT (Science for both PCM & CBZ), the questions shall be in English. The questions in other streams like Classical Teacher (Sanskrit/ Telgu/ Urdu) and Hindi Teacher shall be in respective languages/ scripts
- Questions in Section III for Paper-II (Category-II – Physical Education Teacher) shall be from the contents of C.P.Ed and B.P.Ed. Course and shall be in English
OSSTET Syllabus 2021
- Detail syllabus for subject of both the papers of OSSTET have been prepared by the Director, TE and SCERT, Odisha in consultation with BSE, Odisha and is available in the websites www.bseodisha.ac.in & www.bseodisha.nic.in of B.S.E., Odisha
OSSTET Admit Card 2021
- After completion of the application process, admit cards for the exam will be released
- The candidates who will fill the application form in time will be able to download the admit card from the official website at bseodisha.nic.in
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website