State Level Eligibility Test Commission Assam announces State Eligibility Test (SET) 2023 for the Asst. Professor Posts
Assam SET 2023 – State Level Eligibility Test Commission, Assam invites application for State Eligibility Test (SET) formally known as North East State Level Eligibility Test (NESLET)) from the aspirant candidates of the North Eastern Region for the recruitment to the post of Asst. Professors at the Universities and Colleges of the member States (Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Meghalaya, Sikkim and Tripura)
Assam State Eligibility Test (SET) 2023
Subject of Test
- At present the test will be held in the subjects mentioned below: (The code number to be used for the subjects is also shown against each)
- Assamese (01), English (02), Economics (03), Education (04), History (05), Philosophy (06), Political Science (07), Geography (08), Manipuri (09), Bodo (10), Bengali (11), Hindi (12), Anthropology (13), Sanskrit (14), Sociology (15), Arabic (16), Persian (17), Law (18), Commerce (21), Chemical Science (31), Life Science (32), Mathematical Science (33), Physical Science (34), Computer Science (35), Environmental Science (36)
- Notification Released : 07th November 2022
- Starting date for online application submission: 15th November 2022
- Last date for online application submission: 07th January 2023
- Examination Fee to be deposited in Bank: 13th January 2023
- Download Admit Card: To be announced
- Examination Date: 19th March 2023 (Sunday)
- General/Unreserved/General-EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this test. However, the scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Person with Disability (PWD) Category, the Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master degree or equivalent examination are eligible to appear in the Test.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the final qualifying Master degree (final year) examination and result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examination have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of pass certificate only after they have passed the Master degree examination or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks in case of General/Unreserved/General-EWS category and at least 50% marks in case of OBC (Non-creamy layer), SC/ST/PWD/Third Gender category candidates. Such candidates must obtain Master Degree within 2 (two) years from the date of concerned SLET result with required percentage of marks failing which they shall be treated as disqualified. Candidates are eligible to appear in the subject of their Post-graduation only. The candidates whose Post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects as appeared in item 5 (i) may appear in related subject.
- Candidates belonging to the Third Gender category, in other words transgender, would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fees, age and qualifying criteria as are available to SC/ST/PWD Category. The subject wise Cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PWD/OBC (NCL)/General- EWS categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Masters level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks. (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- There is no upper age limit for eligibility for applying for Assistant Professors.
- Visit https://sletneonline.co.in/ for online registration.
- Step 1 : Please Read the Instructions carefully before filling up the Online Application form.
- Step 2 : Note Down Your Registration No for further Reference.
- Step 3 : Download The Challan Copy.
- Step 4 : After a few days of completing the online Application form, Please deposit your Examination fee in any State Bank Of India Branch.
- Step 5 : Take printout of your submitted application form, after a few days from the day of deposit.Keep the copy with yourself for further use.Application Process is complete after Step No: 5.
- Step 6 :Admit card will be provided online.
- Step 7 : The original mark sheets and certificates will be verified at the time of issue of qualifying certificates. Candidates without having requisite percentage of marks and valid certificates as on submission of Form, will be canceled at the time of issue of certificates without assigning any reason.
- Step 8 : In the process of filling up forms through the online system, the responsibility lies with the candidate. No Candidate is to apply for the examination without having proper documents/mark sheets and testimonials as reflected in the brochure.
- General Rs. 1200/-
- OBC (Non-creamy layer) Rs. 1050/-
- General (EWS) Rs. 1050/-
- SC/ST Rs. 1000/-
- PWD Rs. 800/-
- Mode of Payment : through NET Banking Debit Card/ Credit Card/ UPI/ Wallet.
Assam SET Exam Pattern
Scheme of test:
- (i) The Test will consist of two papers. All the two papers will have only objective type questions of the following forms:
- (a) Multiple Choice
- (b) Matching
- (c) Assertion and Reasoning
- (d) True and False
- The test will be held on a day in two separate sessions.
|Session||Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|First||I||50||100||1 Hours (10.00 A.M. to 11.00 A.M.)|
|Second||II||100||200||2 Hours (11.30 A.M. to 1. 30 P.M.)|
- Paper – I shall be of general subject, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper – II shall consist of 100 objective type questions based on the subject. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
- The compensatory time provided to the visually impaired candidates and PWD candidates with writing disability in Paper-I is 20 minutes. Accordingly, there is provision of 40 minutes of compensatory time in case of Paper – II.
- Gauhati University (01)
- Dibrugarh University (02)
- Tezpur University (03)
- Assam University (04)
- Manipur University (05)
- Rajiv Gandhi Central University, Arunachal (06)
- Tripura University (07)
- Sikkim (Nar Bahadur Bhandari Degree College) (08)
- Mizoram University (09)
- (The particulars of the Co-ordinators cum Officer-in-charge of the SET Centres with their address will be notified in due course. Depending upon the number of candidates, venues within the Centre will be arranged.)
- Change of Test Centres : Application for change of Test centre on plain paper will be received by the SLET Commission office within 07 (working) days of the last date of submission of forms. The centre change fees is Rs. 300/- per candidate.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Teacher Eligibility Test 2022
- List of Entrance Exams for Teaching Jobs
- State Entrance Exams 2022 Latest Notifications and Dates
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website