Directorate of Educational Research & Training (DERT) announces Meghalaya TET 2021 – Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test
Meghalaya TET 2021 – Directorate of Educational Research & Training (DERT) invites application for Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test (MTET or Meghalaya TET) 2021 to determine the eligibility of candidates for the post of teachers in the schools of the state.
The Commencement of online application begins on 10th June 2021 and will be closed at 5:00 PM on 10th July 2021
Check complete information of the Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test (MTET) 2021 such as important dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and more from the page below..
Meghalaya TET 2021 Details
- Name of the Board: Department of Education, Meghalaya
- Name of the Exam: MTET (Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test)
- Status: Short Notice Released
- Exam Name: Meghalaya TET
- Full-Form: Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test
- Exam Type: Teacher Eligibility Test
- Exam Level: State Level
- Conducting Body: Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test
Meghalaya TET 2021 Important Dates
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 10th June 2021 at 10:00 am
- Last Date to Apply Online: 10th July 2021 at 05:00 pm
- Date of Exam (Tentative): 28th August 2021
- Answer Key Release Date: To be Announced
- Result Declaration Date: To be Announced
Eligibility Criteria for Meghalaya TET 2021
- All the applicants must go through the eligibility norms before submitting the application form. Check eligibility criteria for both Paper I and Paper II herein below:
- Paper I Eligibility: Applicants should have completed senior secondary or equivalent exam with minimum 50% marks and passed/appearing in the 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education/2 year Diploma in Education (Special Education)/4 year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.).
- Paper II Eligibility: Applicants having bachelor degree with minimum 50% marks and passed/appearing in the 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education/Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.)/4 year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)/ 4 year B.A.Ed. or B.Sc.Ed./ one year B.Ed. (Special Education).
- Note – Diploma/Degree Course in Teacher Education: For the purposes of this Notification, a Diploma/Degree course in teacher education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered.
Meghalaya TET 2021 Application Process
- Candidates who intend to sit for the Test are instructed to check all details pertaining to the Test from the Education Website www.megeduation.gov.in
- Further, candidates applying for the Test will have to visit the above website for their online application which will be opened at 10.00 am from 10th June 2021 and will be closed at 05.00 pm on 10th July 2021
General Instruction to Apply
- Aspirants need to access the official website for submitting an application form.
- Enter personal details, academic qualification and correspondence address etc. in the application form.
- Ensure all the entries in the form must be correct and true as false facts can lead to the rejection of candidature at any stage.
- Applicants also need to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature as per the prescribed format.
- Pay the registration fee whichever is applicable through online mode such as net banking, credit card and debit card etc.
- Check all the particulars entered in the application form before final submit.
- In the end, submit the application form and take printout of the confirmation page.
- General: Rs. 300/- + Rs. 10/-
- SC/ST: Rs. 150/- + Rs. 10/-
Meghalaya TET 2021 Exam Pattern
- The candidates should understand the exam pattern and syllabus for preparation of the exam. Check following information regarding Meghalaya TET exam pattern:
- Examination Mode: Written Test (Offline)
- Duration of Exam: 02:30 hours
- Exam Language: English (Except language paper)
- Number of Question: 150 Questions
- Total Marks: 150 Marks
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Marking Criteria: +01 mark for each correct answer
No. of Question
Child Development and Pedagogy
Language I (Hindi/Assamese /Khasi/ Garo/Bengali/Nepali)
Language II (English)
No. of Questions
Child Development and Pedagogy (Compulsory)
Language I (Compulsory) (Hindi/ Khasi/Garo/Assamese/Bengali/ /Urdu/Mizo/ Nepali)
Language II (Compulsory) (English)
(i) Mathematics and Science teacher: Mathematics and Science OR (ii) For Social Studies teacher Social studies
Meghalaya TET 2021 Syllabus
- The Meghalaya Board of School Education has prescribed the syllabus and exam pattern for the candidates. The syllabus details mentioned below.
- Paper I: For those who want to become teachers for classes I-V.
- Paper-II: For those who want to teach classes between VI and VIII.
- Paper I and II: Those interested in teaching from Class I to VIII will have to appear and qualify in both the papers.
- Some states conduct Paper III exams or Category III is for secondary school teacher recruitment.
Meghalaya TET 2021 Admit Card
- The admit card for Meghalaya TET 2021 exam will be issued to the eligible candidates through online mode
- Candidates can obtain the admit card or hall ticket from the official website. Candidates need to enter registration number and date of birth for downloading the same.
- Take a printout of the admit card from the website and keep it safe for appearing in the exam. Admit card will contain crucial information such as candidate’s name, test venue, date of exam, time of exam and other instructions for exam
- Candidates must carry admit card along with identity proof such as voter ID card, Aadhar Card and Pan Card etc. on the day of exam.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website