Savitribai Phule Pune University announces Maharashtra State Eligibility Test (M-SET) 2023 for the Asst. Professor Posts
Maharashtra SET 2022 – Savitribai Phule Pune University has released the notification for Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Assistant Professor 2022. The 38th MH SET Exam will be conducted for the States of Maharashtra & Goa on Sunday, 26th March, 2023
Maharashtra State Eligibility Test (M-SET) 2023
Maharashtra SET 2023 Subjects
- Marathi; Hindi; English; Sanskrit; Urdu; History; Philosophy; Economics; Psychology; Sociology; Political Science; Defense Studies; Home Science; Library Information; Mass Communication; Social Work; Public Administration; Mathematical Science; Environmental Science; Chemical Science; Physical Science; Life Science; Earth Sciences; Geography; Computer Science; Electronic Science; Forensic Science; Commerce; Management ; Law; Education; Physical Education
- Commencement of online Application : 10th November 2022
- Last date for Online Application : 30th November 2022
- Period for Online Application with late fees : 1st to 7th December 2022
- Corrections in the online application form on the website : 08th to 10th December 2022
- Availability of admit cards on the website : 16th March 2023
- Date of Examination by offline mode : 26th March 2023
- The candidates must have Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C., in a subject of SET. The candidates having Post Graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or Foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence*of their diploma/degree/certificate, with Master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities, from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in)
- The candidates other than SC/ST/OBC/SBC/DT(VJ)/NT/Transgender/PwD/Orphans, who have secured at least 55% marks (without gracing or rounding off)in Master’s or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test. The OBC/ SBC/DT(VJ)/NT [belonging to non-creamy layer] and SC/ST//Trans-genders/PwD/Orphans who have secured at least 50% marks (without gracing or rounding off) in Master’s or equivalent Examination are eligible for this test. The candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ DT (A)(VJ)/ NT (B,C,D)/ SBC including PwD & Orphans, must ensure that they have a valid category certificate from the Govt. of Maharashtra & Goa.
- The candidates who are studying in the first year of a two year Master’s Course or in first two semesters of a four-semester course of Master’s Degree or studying in the fourth year of Five year Integrated Masters Course, are not eligible to appear for this test.
- To apply for the SET, there is no upper age limit.
- Before submission of the online Application Form, the candidate should Read this Information Bulletin carefully.
- Application form is available only at the following University Website: https://setexam.unipune.ac.in
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their application form to any coordinating Center in the States of Maharashtra and Goa or to SET Department, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
- The examination fees* including processing fee are as under:
- Open Rs. 800/-
- SC/ST/**PwD/Transgender/Orphans /OBC/DT(A)(VJ)/NT(B)/NT(C)/NT(D)/SBC (Non-Creamy Layer only)/EWS (Open) : Rs. 650/-
- The SET will be conducted offline in Objective Mode.
- The test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on the day Examination in two separate sessions without break as under :
|Session||Paper||Number of Multiple Choice Questions||Marks||Duration|
|First||I||50 questions all of which are compulsory||50 x 2 = 100||1 hour (10.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.)|
|Second||II||100 questions all of which are compulsory||100 x 2= 200||2 hours (11.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.)|
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It is primarily designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Paper I shall consist of fifty (50)objective type compulsory questions, two marks each.
- Paper I has 4 sets with 4 different Test Booklet Codes viz. A, B, C, D. Students have to ensure that the same Test Booklet Code is pre-printed and pre-shaded on the OMR sheet (Answer Sheet) of Paper I.
- Paper-II shall consist of hundred (100) objective type compulsory questions, (except mathematical science) based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry two marks. In Mathematical Science, a student has to attempt all questions (100) either from Sections I & II or from Sections I & III only. The OMR sheets with questions attempted from both sections viz., II & III, will be rejected.
- Paper II of each subject has 4 sets with 4 different Test Booklet Codes viz., A, B, C, D. Students have to ensure that the same Test Booklet Code is pre-printed and pre- shaded on the OMR sheet (Answer Sheet) of Paper II.
- The MH-SET will be conducted at the following 17 city centers only:
- Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur, Solapur, Ahmednagar, Nashik, Dhule, Jalgaon, Aurangabad, Nanded, Amravati, Nagpur, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, Panjim (Goa), Ratnagiri & Parbhani.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Teacher Eligibility Test 2022
- List of Entrance Exams for Teaching Jobs
- State Entrance Exams 2022 Latest Notifications and Dates