Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh announces Entrance Exam for Admission to B.Sc. Nursing and PB B.Sc. Nursing Program 2023, Apply Now
PGI Chandigarh BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2023 – Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh invites applications for admission to B.Sc. Nursing (4 Years) and B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) for the academic session commencing in September 2023 through Computer Based Entrance Test.
PGI Chandigarh B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2023
- B.Sc. Nursing – 4 Years) Program (only for female candidates)
- B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) – 2 years Program
- Start of B.Sc. Nursing online registration on Website: 01st June 2023
- Application Form Closes: 30th June 2023
- Computer Based Entrance Test: 04th August 2023 (Friday)
- Expected Date of Declaration of Result: 12th August 2023
- Document verification of candidates invited for counselling (tentative): 21st August 2023
- Date of Counseling: 23rd August 2023 at 11.00 AM
No. of Seats for B.Sc. Nursing Course
- B.Sc Nursing: 93 Seats [Gen – 47, SC – 14, ST – 07, OBC – 25 & PWD – 03]
- B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic): 62 Seats [Gen – 22, SC – 07, ST – 04, OBC – 14 for PGI Staff – 15 & PWD-02]
Eligibility Criteria for PGI Chandigarh BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2023
B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) – only for Female Candidates
- Minimum educational requirement shall be a 10+2 exam passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English or any other exam as equivalent thereto with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates appearing in +2 exams in April-May 2020, can also apply for the course, but they will be issued Admit card/Roll numbers only if they submit the certificates/marks sheet from the respective Boards of their having passed the +2 exams to the Principal, NINE by 10 days before the commencement of the entrance exam.
- Not more than 25 years and not less than 17 years on 01st Sept. 2023 i.e. those born after 01st September 2003 and before 01st September 1995 are not eligible.
B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)
- Passed 10+2 or any other exam equivalent thereto:
- Passed General Nursing and Midwifery with minimum of 50% aggregate
- Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife qualified from a recognized Institute & registered with respective State Nursing Council as approved by INC or substitute registration in case of male candidates fully qualified for nursing of men, women and children.
- Not more than 45 years on 01st September 2023. The age relaxation as per rules will be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and other reserved categories.
- You are required to apply online through PGIMER, Chandigarh Website www.pgimer.edu.in. No other means /mode of application (through post, email, fax, deposit of CV etc.) will be accepted.
- Candidates should keep checking the inbox or even the spam box of this email id regularly during the Admission process as PGIMER may send intimations related to admissions etc. through this.
- B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic) Rs.850/- on account of course fee & Rs.5000/- on account of security
- B.Sc. Nursing (4 Years) Rs.835/- on account of course fee & Rs.5000/- on account of security
- PwBD Candidates – Exempted for payment of Application/Exam Fee
- Selection will be made strictly in order of merit of the candidates in the respective merit lists of the entrance test.
- Minimum marks required for the selection will be 50% for candidates belonging to General category including foreign candidates and 45% for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC & PWD.
- In the matter of selection, the decision of the Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh shall be final
- Type of Questions: Objective Type Questions
- Marking Scheme: Negative marking, 0.25 for every incorrect answer
- Mode of Language: English
- No. of Questions: 100
Distribution of Questions
- B.Sc. Nursing – Chemistry; Physics; Biology; English; General Knowledge /Current Affairs [Total Questions: 100 & 100 Marks]
- Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing – Scientific Principles Applied In Nursing Practice & Trends in Nsg; Medical-Surgical Nursing; Child Health Nursing; Community Health Nursing including Nutrition; Obstetric Nursing and Midwifery; Mental Health Nursing and General Knowledge [Total Questions: 100 & 100 Marks]
- Ambala (Haryana), Amritsar (Punjab), Bathinda (Punjab), Bilaspur (HP), Chandigarh (Tricity), Dehradun (Uttarakhand), Delhi (NCR), Hamirpur (HP), Jalandhar (Punjab), Kangra (HP), Ludhiana (Punjab), Patiala (Punjab), Shimla (HP), Solan (HP)
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website