DTE GOA announces Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) 2023 for Admission to Professional Degree courses
GCET 2023 – Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa invites application for Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) 2023 for admission to various Professional Degree Courses for the academic session 2023-2024.
Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) 2023
- Medicine (M.B.B.S.)
- Dentistry (B.D.S.)
- Engineering (B.E.)
- Pharmacy (B. PHARM.)
- Architecture (B.Arch.)
- Homoeopathy (B.H.M.S.)
- Ayurveda (B.A.M.S.)
- Allied health sciences (B.P.T., B.O.T., B.OPT., B.Sc.M.I.T., B.Sc.A.T.)
- B.sc. in Nursing B.V.Sc. & A.H
Important Dates 2023
- Release date of GCET 2023 Application Form: 10th April 2023
- GCET application form 2023 last date: 20th April 2023
- GCET 2023 Admit Card Release Date: As per DTE Goa
- GCET 2023 Exam Date: 13th, 14th May 2023
- Release of Official Answer Key: As per DTE Goa
- GCET 2023 Result Announcement: 22nd May 2023
GCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Indian Candidates can apply. Non-resident Indians holding Indian passports may apply for seats reserved under NRI category. Overseas Citizens of India (OPI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) can also apply under this category.
- An applicant to Degree courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Homoeopathy, Ayurveda, Allied Health Science, B.V.Sc. & A.H. and Nursing must have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the academic year of admission to become eligible for admission to First Year.
- No age limit, minimum or maximum, is specified for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy Courses.
- Candidates who have passed/appearing 12th board or any equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with one of the following subjects Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science /Biology, and secured not less than 45% (for general) marks in the aggregate of subjects of Physics & Mathematics with one of the following subjects Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology for general and 40% (for reserved categories) are eligible to apply for the examination.
For B. Arch
- Candidates who have passed 12th board with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (45% for SC, ST, OBC & PwD) or passed 10+ 3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% (45% for SC, ST, OBC & PwD) marks in aggregate and have a valid score of NATA 2023 shall be admitted to Architecture Course.
- All students seeking admissions to MBBS, BDS, BHMS(Homeopathy), BAMS(Ayurveda), Allied Health Sciences (Paramedical), B.Sc. in Nursing & B.V.Sc. & A.H. Courses in the State of Goa in academic year 2023-24 are required to appear and qualify at NEET UG-2023 (National Entrance cum Eligibility Test)
- For Architecture courses, the admission will be granted on the basis of NATA 2023 scores.
- Prospectus containing details of GCET-2023 and admissions to Professional Degree courses will be duly notified on the website of this Directorate www.dte.goa.gov.in
- The details regarding the submission of GCET 2023 application form shall be notified on the website of DTE
- The application form for GCET shall be accepted at the Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim, Goa and other notified locations
- Exam Fee for GCET – Rs.1500/-
- Late Fee – Rs.1500/-
- Mode of Payment
- Through online Net Banking, Credit / Debit card (any Bank).
GCET 2023 Exam Pattern
- GCET is a pen-paper based test. Check the other details regarding the exam from below.
- Duration: Each Paper is of 2 hour duration
- Type of Questions: There are multiple-choice questions in the test
- No. of Questions: Each paper will have 75 questions
- Marking Scheme: Each question is of 01 mark. There is no negative marking for incorrect / multiple answers
Distribution of Questions
- Physics – 75 No. of Questions
- Chemistry – 75 No. of Questions
- Mathematics – 75 No. of Questions
GCET 2023 Syllabus
- GCET 2023 shall be based on the syllabus prescribed by the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education, Porvorim. It will consist of 3 subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of class 12th.
- Tiswadi Cujira (Bambolim); Panaji; Verna; Navelim; Vasco; Mapusa; Ponda-1; Ponda(Farmagudi); Bicholim; Curchorem; Porvorim; Assagao; Sanquelim; Cuncolim; Dharbandora
- GCET 2023 Admit Card will be issued after the successful submission of the application form at the designated centers of DTE Goa.
- Admit Cards will be sent to the candidate via post to the address mentioned in the Application Form filled by the candidate.
- Candidates can collect their admit cards from the DTE centers on the scheduled date.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website