Gauhati University announces Admission into 5 year Integrated M.Com Course for Session 2019-20
Guwahati University Integrated M Com Admission 2019 – The Department of Commerce, Gauhati University invites applications from interested candidates for admission into Five year integrated M.Com course for the session 2019-20.
5 Year Integrated M.Com Program
- Keeping in view the market demand and the changing patterns in the economy, the Department had launched a Five Year Integrated
- M.Com. Course from the academic session 2009-10 with the objectives referred below
- It is a full-time course consisting of 10 semesters spread over five years comprising of both undergraduate and postgraduate studies in commerce leading to the Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.) and Master of Commerce to be awarded by the Gauhati University
- The course is designed under the choice based credit and grading system
Intake Capacity: 60
See: M.Com Admission 2019
Guwahati University Integrated M Com Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Opening of Online Form: From 10th May, 2019
- Last Date of submission of online Form: 04th June 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 12th June 2019
- Publication of overall merit list: 13th June 2019
- Publication of List of selected & waiting candidates: 17th June 2019
- Date of Admission of selected List & waiting List: 18th June 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Guwahati University Integrated M Com Admission 2019
- For admission into the 1st Semester Course a candidate must have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) or an equivalent exam recognized by the Gauhati University securing not less than 55% marks in aggregate
- The admission into the Five Years Integrated M.Com. Course is based on the merit list prepared for the purpose by giving 60% weightage to the percentage of Marks obtained in the H.S. or equivalent exam (Best of four subjects) ** and 40% weightage to the percentage of Marks obtained in the Entrance test
- Example: X has secured 80% in the H.S. (10+2) Examination and 55% in the Entrance Test;
Entrance Test Exam
- Candidates shall have to appear for an Entrance Test to be conducted by the Department. Entrance test will be of 1-hour duration. Total marks for the test is 100 and the Test will comprise of (i) multiple choice objective type questions on General English, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude including Mathematics, Test of Reasoning and (ii) Paragraph Writing.
- Final merit list will be prepared by giving equal weightage to the percentage of marks obtained in the Entrance Test and in the H.S (10+2) or equivalent examination (Best of four subjects)**
- Example: X has secured 80% in the Entrance Test and 55% in the H.S. (10+2) Examination; his/her total marks for preparing the merit list will be (60% of 80 + 40% of 55) = 70
- ** The percentage of marks in the H.S Examination will be calculated on the basis of the best four subjects as follows:
- English or ANY ONE language paper or Alternative English
- Three best elective subjects in the qualifying exam with the condition that the elective subjects would not include the following subjects:
- (1)Any additional Language; (2) Agriculture; (3) Art/Fine Arts; (4) Computer Science; (5) Cookery; (6) Creative Writing and Translation Studies; (7) Dance; (8) Engineering Drawing; (9) Entrepreneurship; (10) Environmental Studies; (11) Fashion Studies/ Needlework & Dress-Making; (12) Graphic and Graphic Design; (13) Home Science; (14) Informatics Practice; (15) Legal Studies; (16) Mass Media Studies; (17) Multimedia and Web Technology; (18) Music; (19) Physical Education; (20) Typing and Shorthand; (21) Engineering Graphics; (22) Painting; (23) Graphics; (24) Sculpture; (25) Applied Art/Commercial Art; (26) Fashion Studies
Reservation of Seats
- The candidates seeking admission on reserved quota viz. SC/ST/OBC & MOBC shall be given relaxation up to 5% (five percent) of the marks prescribed for eligibility criteria. Relaxation will not be applicable to candidates seeking admission on any other reserved quota.
Academic Session and Class Duration:
- Each academic session is divided into two semesters
- Odd Semester- July to December
- Even Semester- January to June
Guwahati University Integrated M Com Admission 2019Application Process:
- Candidates are first required to go to the G.U website www.gauhati.ac.in and click on the home.
- Then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE” to open the online application form.
- Candidates will have to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form. After that an Application number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidates should note down the Application number and password.
- Rs. 600, Candidates can pay fees/Bank charges through the online mode as no other mode of payments will be entertained. The payment can be made by using Debit/Credit cards, internet banking.
Gauhati University, Guwahati
(Estd under Assam Act XVI of 1947 Gauhati University Act 1947) (Department of commerce), Gopinath Bardoldi Nagar, Guwahati- 781014, Assam, website www.gauhati.ac.in