Forest Research Institute (FRI) Dehradun announces Admission to Remote Proctored M.Sc. Program 2022, Apply now
FRI Dehradun M.Sc. Admission – Forest Research Institute (Deemed) University Dehradun has released the Admission Notification and invites application for Admission to Master of Science Courses (M.Sc. Courses) for the Academic Session 2022 through Admission Test.
Forest Research Institute will conduct M.Sc. Admission Test 2022 on Sunday, 16th May 2022 at 12 centres in the country.
Courses Offered & No. of Seats
- M.Sc. Forestry (2-year Duration) – 38
- M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology (2-year Duration) – 38
- M.Sc. Environment Management (2-year Duration) – 38
- M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology (2-year Duration) – 20
- M.Sc. Forestry (2-year Duration) – 02
- M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology (2-year Duration) – 02
- M.Sc. Environment Management (2-year Duration) – 02
- M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology (2-year Duration) – Nil
FRI Dehradun M.Sc. Admission Dates 2022
- Opening date of downloading the application form from: 08th Feb., 2022
- Last date of submission of complete application form: 19th April 2022
- Date of Online Remote Proctored Admission test 22nd May 2022
- Date of 1st Counseling: 04th July 2022
- Date of 2nd Counseling: 07th July 2022
- Date of starting new session 12th July 2022
FRI Dehradun M.Sc. Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- M.Sc. Forestry: B.Sc. degree with at least one of the subjects namely Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology or a B.Sc. degree in Agriculture or Forestry.
- M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology: B.Sc. degree with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry (PCM) or B.Sc. degree in Forestry.
- M.Sc. Environment Management: B.Sc. degree in any branch of Basic or Applied Sciences or Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or Agriculture or BE/B.Tech in Environment Science.
- M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology: B.Sc. degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in Science with Chemistry as one of the subjects. BE/B.Tech. (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with minimum 50% aggregate)
- Maximum age limit in respect of in service candidates to M.Sc. Environment Management course shall be 50 years. The age shall be reckoned as on 31st July of the year of admission and no further relaxation will be given in any case.
FRI Dehradun M.Sc. Admission Application Process
- Online – The Application form can also be downloaded from the website www.fridu.edu.in
- Offline – Application forms will be available from 08th Feb to 19th February 2022 from the counter of the office of the FRI Deemed to be University/ Union Bank of India, FRI Branch, Dehradun.
- The application form and the “Information Bulletin” can be obtained in person or by post on payment of Rs.1500/- wherever applicable through bank draft drawn in favour of Registrar, Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University payable at Dehradun.
FRI M.Sc Admission Test 2022
- There will be an objective type written test of three hours with questions grouped under the following four sections:
- Basic Sciences including Social Science (100 questions)
- Arithmetic and Quantitative abilities, Computational ability, Quantitative reasoning, Interpretation of Tables, Graphs, etc. (40 questions)
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs (30 questions)
- English Language, Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Idioms, etc. (30 questions)
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers to the extent of one-fourth (¼) of the marks allotted to the question.
- Bangalore; Jodhpur; Chandigarh; Jorhat; Coimbatore; Kolkata; Dehradun; Lucknow; Delhi; Ranchi; Jabalpur; Shimla
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website