Dibrugarh University announces Common Entrance Test (B.Ed. CET) 2023 for admission into the NCTE Recognized B.Ed. Program
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2023 – Dibrugarh University invites application for Common Entrance Test (B.Ed CET) to provisionally selected candidates for admission into the Two Years (Four Semesters) B.Ed. Program offered in different institutions and the Department of Education under Dibrugarh University for the academic year 2023-24
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2023
- Starting date of submission of online application: 24th May 2023
- Last date for submission of the online Application: 06th June 2023
- Date of the B.Ed. CET, 2023: 05th July 2023
- Date for Declaration of the Result: By 20th July 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2023
- Eligibility criteria for admission to the B. Ed Programme of Dibrugarh University shall be as follows:
- (a) Candidate with at least 50% marks (in Aggregate) either in the Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities; OR Bachelor’s in Engineering / Technology of Dibrugarh University, or any other University recognized by Dibrugarh University with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- ** A candidate securing 50% marks or more in the Honours / Major subject but less than 50 % in aggregate in all the courses / papers of the Bachelor’s degree will not be eligible for admission to B.Ed. programme, as the requirement is 50% marks in the aggregate.
- (b) Candidate must clear the B.Ed. Common Entrance Test conducted by Dibrugarh University for that academic session.
- In the eligibility criteria, a relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks shall be provided to the candidates:
(a) belonging to the SC/ ST/ OBC/MOBC/ PWD categories or
(b) having a minimum of 5 (five) years teaching experience in a school recognized at least up to the 10th standard by the Board of Secondary Education, Assam.
(c) A candidate can avail the benefit of relaxation of marks only in any one of the above categories.
- Online Registration for submission of Application Form will begin from 23.08.2023. Application for B.Ed. CET 2023 is through online mode only .
- No other means of application is accepted. The last date for submission of application is 06.06.2023 (till 5.00 p.m.)
- The candidate shall be required to visit the website- www.dibru.ac.in and go through the ‘Click here to Apply’ Link.
- Read instructions thoroughly before filling up the application form. Applicants should fill all personal and education details in the online application at an appropriate place as per their certificates
- A print of the online application should retain for future use.
- Application Fee : Rs. 700/-
- Mode of Payment : Through online mode
Selection for admission into the B.Ed. Programme in any institution under Dibrugarh University will be based on the following:
- A Common Entrance Test (CET) to be conducted centrally, which will carry a maximum of 70 marks.
- The career performance will carry a maximum of 30 marks, on the basis of the percentage secured in the HSLC, HS, the First Degree and/or Master’s Degree Examination.
- 10% of the percentage of marks secured in H.S.L.C., H.S., Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree Examination shall be considered as career performance in each examination. For example: If a student gets 53% in the first Degree Examination (Major / Aggregate), his/her career performance marks in that examination will be 5.3.
- NOTE: The candidates, who cleared the B.Ed. CET, 2023, shall have to apply for admission into the institution of their choice. The concerned institutions will select the candidates for admission on the basis of their marks in the CET and Career Performance. The marks on the career performance will be awarded by the respective institutions.
Entrance Test Pattern
- The test will be of 1 hour 30 minutes duration from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- The Entrance Test shall carry a total of 70 marks consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) on the following areas:
- General English (15)*
- General Knowledge (20)
- Test of Reasoning (15)
- Numerical ability (10)
- Teaching Aptitude (10)
Centres of the B.Ed. CET 2023
- The Common Entrance Test will be conducted in the following Test Centres*:
- Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh : 2101 Centre Code
- J.B. College (Autonomous), Jorhat : 2102 Centre Code
- CKB Comm. College, Jorhat : 2103 Centre Code
- College of Teacher Education, Golaghat : 2104 Centre Code
- Lakhimpur P.G.T. College, North Lakhimpur : 2105 Centre Code
- Dhemaji P.G.T. College, Dhemaji : 2106 Centre Code
- College of Teacher Education, Tinsukia : 2107 Centre Code
- College of Teacher Education, Dhakuakhana : 2108 Centre Code
- Sibsagar College of Teacher Education, Sivasagar : 2109 Centre Code
For more details and apply, please visit the official website