DAIICT M.Sc in Data Science & Information Technology Admission 2022 – Eligibility, Dates, Application, and Selection Process
DAIICT M Sc Admission 2022 – Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DAIICT) Gandhinagar (Gujarat) invites applications for admission to 2-years M.Sc in Data Science & Master of Science in Information Technology Program for the academic year 2022-23.
Read on for more info on DAIICT MSc Admission 2022 from the post below.
DAIICT M Sc Admission 2022
- Master of Science in Information Technology: Seats 120
- M.Sc in Data Science: Seats 60
DAIICT M Sc Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Online application website opens : 04th March 2022
- Last date for submission of online applications: 30th May 2022
- Entrance test (tentative) : 12th June 2022
- Announcement of list of candidates called for interview (tentative) : 17th June 2022
- Date of Interview (tentative) : 23-24th June 2022
- Announcement of Result (tentative) : 28th June 2022
- Commencement of academic session : TBD
DAIICT M Sc Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
For MSc (DS)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science from a recognized university with an aggregate of 60% or its equivalent as per the norms set by the degree-granting institute/university in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, Econometrics and Operational Research OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University with an aggregate of 60% or its equivalent as per the norms set by the degree-granting institute/university in Computer Science, Information Technology and Electronics/Electronics and Communication/Electrical Engineering.
- Candidates with BCA and BSC (IT) degrees can also apply
- Candidates appearing in their final Degree examination and expecting to complete it by July 2022 may also apply.
For MSc (IT)
- A Bachelor’s degree holder from a recognized University in any stream with an aggregate of 60% marks, or its equivalent as per the norms set by the degree-granting institute/university, in the qualifying degree examination is eligible to apply. Candidates appearing in their final Degree examination and expecting to complete it by July 2022 may also apply.
DAIICT M Sc Admission 2022 Application Process
- Candidates submit online applications by clicking on the link https://www.daiict.ac.in/
- The Candidate has to satisfy the eligibility criteria in order for her/his application to be considered for final admission.
- Application fee (non-refundable) : Rs. 1200/- plus GST@ 18%
- Mode of Payment: Through online mode
- There will be two components to the process: (1) a computer-based entrance test and (2) an interview. The entrance test will carry 70% weightage and the interview 30% weightage.
- The candidates are shortlisted for the interview on the basis of an entrance test to be conducted through the online proctored test.
Entrance Pattern for MSc (DS)
- The test will evaluate the candidates on their mathematical aptitude, logical reasoning, and basic programming.
- Pattern: Multiple choice questions (MCQ) from four sections – Mathematics, Statistics, basic Computer Science (programming) and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Exam Duration: 90 minutes
- Weightage: All questions will carry equal weightage.
- Negative Marking: The correct answers for each question will be awarded 4 marks; each incorrect answer will be assigned a negative mark of -1. There will be no section wise cutoffs.
Entrance Pattern for MSc (IT)
- The test will evaluate the candidates on their mathematical aptitude, logical reasoning, basic programming, English Comprehension.
- Exam Duration: 90 minutes
- Pattern: Multiple-choice answers.
- Weightage: sectional weights are as given below:
- Mathematics (10+2 standard) – 30%
- Quantitative aptitude and Logical Reasoning – 20%
- C Programming- 30%
- English Comprehension- 20%
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website