Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT) Nagpur announces Admission to PhD Programs 2022
VNIT PhD Admission – Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpur invites applications for admissions to PhD Programs offered in various departments for the academic year 2022-23 (January Session)
Read further for more details on VNIT PhD Admission 2022 such as the program offered, eligibility criteria, application process, and more.
PhD Programs Category
- PhD (Full Time) with Teaching Assistantship
- PhD (Full Time) Sponsored (place of research work VNIT only)
- PhD (Full Time) Sponsored
VNIT PhD Admission Dates 2022
- Date of notification: 03rd November 2021
- Last date of accepting of application form in hardcopy: 23rd November 2021
- Last date of uploading Google form of application: 23rd November 2021
- Written test for eligible candidates: 13th December 2021
- Interview for shortlisted candidates: 13th & 14th December 2021
- Display of provisional list of selected candidates: 16th December 2021
- Reporting for admission, payment of fees (online): 18th & 27th December 2021
- Registration of courses (Offline): 28th Dec to 03rd January 2022
- Commencement of Classes: 03rd January 2021
PhD offered in following Departments
- Architecture & Planning
- Applied Sciences: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Humanities
- Engineering: Civil, Electrical, Electronics & Communication, Centre for VLSI & Nano Technology, Computer Science, Chemical, Mechanical, Metallurgical & Materials, Mining, Applied Mechanics.
- The minimum duration of the PhD program is three years
VNIT PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Candidates should have a ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan/M.Sc degree and should have qualified the GATE/NET exam in the past.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Industry is also required.
- Physics: A Master’s Degree in the concerned or an allied subject. Qualified GATE/NET score or equivalent national level exam in the past
- Applied Mechanics: B.E. / B. Tech./ AMIE in Civil Engineering and ME / M.Tech in Structural Engineering related specialization. Applicants should have qualified GATE score or equivalent national level exam in the past.
- Mathematics: M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Mathematics. Qualified GATE/NET score or equivalent national level exam in the past
- Chemistry: M.Sc. in Chemistry (Organic / Inorganic/ Analytical/ Physical Chemistry/ Biochemistry and other allied specializations). Applicants should have qualified GATE/ NET score or equivalent national level exam in the past.
- Mechanical Engineering: M.E / M. Tech in relevant branches and qualified GATE or equivalent national level exam in the past.
- Civil Engineering: B.E. / B.Tech / AMIE (Civil) and M.E / M.Tech in any branch of Civil Engineering and qualified GATE score or equivalent national level exam in the past.
- Electrical Engineering: B.E./B.Tech in the relevant subject and qualified GATE score or equivalent national level exam in the past.
- Chemical Engineering: BE / B. Tech./ AND M.E / M. Tech in the required branch. Applicants should have qualified GATE score or equivalent national level exam in the past.
- Computer Science & Eng.: B.E. / B. Tech. / AMIE or equivalent in any branch of Engineering and M.E./M. Tech or equivalent in the required branch. Applicants should have qualified GATE score or equivalent national level exam in the past.
- Metallurgy & Materials Eng.: M.E / M. Tech in Metallurgy / Material Engineering / Mechanical / Production / Industrial / Chemical. Qualified GATE score or equivalent national level exam in the past
- Electronics & Comm. Eng.: B.E. / B. Tech. /AMIE/AMIETE/B.Sc.(Engg.) of four years duration in required branch and M.Tech/M.E./M.S.(at least two-year program) in the same branch or departments with required specialization and the applicant should have qualified GATE in the past
VNIT PhD Admission Application Process 2022
- Application form of VNIT PhD Admission will be available on the Institute website www.vnit.ac.in
- The duly filled application form should be sent to the official address. Send the application form along with photocopies of the certificates (self‐attested) & photograph, and a copy of the SBCollect receipt.
- Incomplete applications and applications received after the last date are liable to be rejected.
- Candidate has to pay the application fee of Rs 500/‐
- The fee can be paid online through “State Bank Collect”.
- Mention this SBI Collect Ref. No in the application form & also print a copy of the receipt.
- A written test will be conducted in the respective departments on the date specified in the information brochure.
- The written test is compulsory to attend for all the candidates
- The written test will be of qualifying nature.
- A candidate requires 40% to get qualified for appearing in the interview. The interviews will be conducted in the concerned departments as per the schedule is given in this brochure.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website