VIT University Vellore announces Integrated M.Sc (Biotechnology) Admission 2019-20
VIT University Integrated M.Sc. Admission 2019 – Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore announces admissions to Integrated M.Sc. Degree Program in Biotechnology for the academic session 2019-20
Candidates who are seeking admission to M.Sc. Program should fill and submit the application before the last date. Candidates are advised to read carefully eligibility criteria and other related details before submitting the form.
The following is the Program open to admission for the Academic year 2019-2020.
See: Integrated M.Sc Courses
About the Program
- A fore mentioned program has been designed to cater to the ever-increasing needs of scientific manpower in the area of biotechnology. Students after 10 + 2 are admitted into this program and groomed as high-quality professionals in the areas of Biotechnology
- This program gives 5 years learning period with specialization in biotechnology
- To provide students with a right combination of basics in subjects such as Physics, Mathematics, Computer and Biology.
- To equip students with a thorough knowledge of biological sciences such as Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular biology, Food production, antibiotic manufacture, vaccine development and environment management etc.
- To impart good knowledge in the principles behind Genetic engineering, Plant, Animal, and Microbial biotechnology.
See: MSc Admissions
VIT University Integrated M.Sc Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date to apply online: 29th May 2019
- Last date to edit application form: 29th May 2019
- Last date to receive filled application with enclosures: 31st May 2019
- Publication of short listed applicants (Tentative): 05th June 2019
- Tentative date for Counselling: 14th June 2019
- Last Date of Payment of balance fees: 03rd July 2019
- Orientation Program: 10th July 2019
- Commencement of classes: 10th July 2019
See: Biotechnology Career Scope – Biotech Career options
Eligibility Criteria for VIT University Integrated M.Sc Admission 2019
- Nationality: The applicants for admission should be a Resident Indian National and should have studied in regular, full time and formal education schools located in India in the preceding two years.
- Integrated M.Sc. (Biotechnology) (5 years): A pass in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State / Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany / Zoology as subjects with a minimum of 60% overall aggregate
- Age Limit: Date of Birth falls on or after 01st July 1999
- Fees (INR) (1-5 years) Rs.75000/- (Caution Deposit Rs.2000/- refundable for 1st year only)
- Fees of the program is $3500 per year
- The qualification criteria is relaxed by 10 % i.e. 60% in Overall Aggregate for applicants belong to SC/ST and applicants hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
- Applicants will be called for counselling in the order of merit based on the aggregate of marks (rounded to 2 decimal points) secured overall subjects in the +2 / Higher Secondary Examination.
- In case the aggregate is same, the order of merit will be decided based on the best scores in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany / Zoology sequentially and in case of tie, the age i.e. older applicants are given priority.
VIT University Integrated M.Sc Admission 2019 Application Process
- Cost of Application Rs.500/-. (Including GST)
- The online application is available in the website http://www.vit.ac.in/admissions/pg
- The printout of online application should be sent to The Director, PG Admission, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore-632014. Tamil Nadu, with the Required Documents (photocopy only) on or before 31st May 2019 as under:
- Class-X marksheet as a proof of date of birth
- Class-XII mark sheet of Qualifying Exam of all attempts (please ensure that you also enclose the reverse side of the marks sheet containing details.)
- Migration / Transfer / School Leaving Certificate (If available)
- Community Certificate (Only for SC / ST categories)
- Nativity Certificate (Only for North Eastern States)
Counselling / Interview
- Tentative date for Counselling 14th June 2019
- The Required Documents in originals are needed for verification (If not given already, a set of photocopies may be provided)
- It is mandatory to bring Rs. 12,000/- as Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Vellore Institute of Technology”, Payable at Vellore.
- This fee includes counseling fee Rs.6000/- (which is Non Refundable) and Rs. 6000/- advance fee which will be refunded on cancellation of admission.
- The counselling fee and advance fee will be adjusted against tuition fee on joining the programme
See: M.Sc Biotechnology Entrance Exam