Vinayaka Missions University announces Admission to PhD Program (Full/Part Time) October 2019 Session
Vinayaka Missions University PhD Admission 2019 – Vinayaka Missions Research Foundation (DU) invites applications for admission in (Full-time / Part-time) Ph.D. programme for the session October 2019
Candidates who have Master’s degree or a Professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body are eligible to apply.
See: PHD Admission 2019
Vinayaka Missions University
- Vinayaka Missions University offers admission to the Full Time / Part Time Ph.D. Program. Admissions will be done for Following Research Programs for the session October 2019.
Areas of Research
- Faculty of Arts & Science: D. (Full-time / Part-time) Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, English, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology.
- Ph.D Faculty of Management: Ph.D (Full-time / Part-time)
- Faculty of Dentistry: Ph.D (Full-time / Part-time) Oral Medicine & Radiology, Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry, Periodontics, Prosthodontics.
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology: Ph.D (Full-time / Part-time) Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, Bio Engineering, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Information Technology.
- Faculty of Medicine: Ph.D (Full-time / Part-time) Anatomy, Anaesthesia, Biochemistry (Medical), Community Medicine, Dermatology, ENT, General Medicine, General Surgery, Microbiology (Medical), Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Pathology, Pharmacology(Medical), Physiology (Medical).
- Faculty of Physiotherapy: Ph.D (Full-time / Part-time)
- Faculty of Nursing: Ph.D (Full-time / Part-time)
- Faculty of Pharmacy: Ph.D (Full-time / Part-time) Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacy Practice.
- Availability of Application Form: Available
- The Last Date for Submission of filled in Applications is 31st August 2019
Duration of the Program
For all Disciplines except Medicine
- A minimum period of 3 years and a maximum of 6 years (Minimum duration may be reduced by 1 year if the M. Phil Degree relates to the Ph. D. field of Research) and candidates are exempted from Pre-Ph.D. Written Examinations
- Minimum of 2 years for M. D / M.S ./ P. G. / Diploma and three years for candidates with M. Sc. (Medical Subjects) and maximum of 4 and 6 years respectively.
For all Disciplines except Medicine
- A minimum period of 4 years and a maximum of 8 years (Minimum duration may be reduced by 1 year if the M. Phil Degree relates to the Ph. D. field of Research) and candidates are exempted from Pre-Ph. D. Written Examinations
- Minimum of 3 years for M. D/ M.S. / P. G./ Diploma and 4 years for candidates with M. Sc. (Medical Subjects) and maximum of 6 and 8 years respectively
See: Admission Notification and Dates 2019
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Program should have a Master’s degree or a Professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade “B‟ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
For admission into PhD in Medicine: The candidates with 2 years M.Sc., Medicinal subjects are not eligible.
- Candidate with M.Phil. degree, having at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade”B‟ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system isfollowed) and a person whose M. Phil. Dissertation has been evaluated and the viva – voce is pending may also be admitted to the Ph. D. Program.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. Program.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% in the entrance test to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
Part 1: 10.00 am – 11.30 am: Written Examination for a maximum of 70 marks.
- MCQ of 70 questions of 1 mark each.
- Questions from the concerned subjects of PG Degree level.
- Candidates who secure 50% in the written test shall be eligible for interview.
Part 2: Interview / Viva-Voce-for 30 marks
- The eligible candidates will be intimated to appear on a Specified date within two weeks of time from the date of Entrance examination.
- Oral presentation by the candidate, either on paper or across the table or on board (No power-point presentation) in front of a panel of subject experts for about 10 -20 minutes on any topic of candidate’s choice, preferably in the chosen area of research.
- Candidates are requested to go through the list of vacancies available and approach the Institution and the Department as per their choice. They can discuss with the available Supervisors about doing the Ph.D. Programme in the area of interest and the resources available.
Step by step Application process
- Application can be downloaded from the website www.vinayakamission.com.
- Duly filled in application has to be forwarded by the Head of the Department and the Head of the Institution, where the candidate intends to do research.
- In addition to the above, the application is to be signed by the employer of the candidate, for applying to part time Ph.D programme.
- The completely filled in application along with a DD of Rs.1,000/- (One thousand only) as application fee (DD drawn in favour of “VMU Ph.D a/c” payable at Salem) by superscribing on the envelope “Application for admission into Ph.D programme in _________” must be sent on or before 31st August 2019 to the following address Registrar Vinayaka Mission’s Research Foundation (DU) Sankari Main Road (NH-47) Ariyanoor, Salem – 636 308,Tamilnadu, Phone: 0427 3987000
- On the backside of the Demand Draft the candidate should write his/her Name, Application fee. The fees once remitted by the candidates will not be refunded.
- The University will not take any responsibility for the non-receipt of applications in time.
- Application Fee- Rs.1000/-
- Registration fee- Rs. 10,000/-
- Tuition fee- Rs. 50, 000/ year (Fee concession of Rs. 20, 000 for Internal candidates)
- Methodology exam fee- Rs. Rs. 5, 000/- paper
- Synopsis submission fee- Rs. 10, 000/-
- Thesis submission fee- Rs. 15,000/-
- Viva – Voce examination fee- Rs. 10, 000/-
- Time extension fee- Rs. 10, 000/6 months
- Change of guide request from the student- Rs. 5000/- (one time only)
- Fees for Provisional + Transfer cum Migration + Degree Certificate – Rs.10000/-
Vinayaka Missions University
- (Deemed-to-be-University), (Vinayaka Mission’s Research Foundation), (Declared u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956), (Accredited by NAAC), Sankari Main Road (NH-47), Ariyanoor, Salem-636308 (Tamil Nadu), Website www.vinayakamission.com, Tel No.: 0427-3987000