University of Kashmir Srinagar announces Admission to PhD Program 2022
University of Kashmir PhD Admission 2022 – University of Kashmir Srinagar invites from the eligible candidates for admission to PhD program for the academic session 2022
PhD disciplines Offered
At Main Campus
- Arabic Arabic; Archaeology ; Biochemistry ; Biotechnology ; Bio-resources ; Botany ; Clinical Biochemistry ; Chemistry; Commerce; Computer Science ; Earth Sciences ; Economics ; English ; Electronics ; Environmental Science ; Food Science & Technology; Geography ; Geo- informatics ; Hindi ; History ; Home Science ; Islamic Studies ; Kashmiri ; Library & Information Science ; Linguistics Management Studies; Tourism, Hospitality & Leisure Studies; Mass Communication & Journalism; Mathematics ; Microbiology; Nanotechnology ; Persian ; Physics ; Pharmaceutical Sciences ;Political Science ; Psychology; Sanskrit ; Sociology; Social Work ; Statistics; Urdu; Zoology
At Satellite Campuses
- Computer Sciences; Mathematics ; Management Studies; English; Computer Science & Engineering
- Start application Process: 12th May 2022
- Last date to apply : 25th May 2022
- 55% marks in aggregate, or its equivalent grade “B”, in the UGC 7-point scale or an equivalent grade in a grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, excluding grace /statutory marks, if any, in Master’s Degree in the concerned subject/ allied subject from a recognized university or in any recognized professional Degree declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the Equivalence Committee of the University or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institute accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under law hiving this mandate or by an Equivalence committee: of the University;
- Relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% or equivalent relaxation of grade shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/Persons with disability (PWDs) and other categories of candidates approved by university.
- The candidates who have successfully completed M.Phil Degree from the University of Kashmir with grade ‘A’ or ‘B’ or the candidates having been selected to the M Phil Programme on the basis of entrance test and successfully completed M.phil degree from any other recognized university, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or.its equivalent grade
- The candidates who have qualified UGC NET/JRF or CSIR-UCC NET/JRF/ ICAR-NET/SET/GATE WOS-A/INSPIRE fellows with fellowships and Teacher Fellowship or any other equivalent test declared so by the UGC or have passed M.Phil with least 55% marks or its equivalent grade “B” iq the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) shall be exempted from the Entrance Test. However, a relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% or equivalent relaxation of grade shall be allowed for the M.phil pass outs belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/persons with disability (PWDs) and other categories of candidates approved by university.
- JRFs and WOS-A/INSPIRE fellows with fellowships are to be selected in the first instance against the available vacancies. Where the numbers of vacancies are less than the number of JRF/WOS-A/INSPTRE fellows with fellowships, the selection shall be made on the basis of PG merit.
- Applicants shall visit University website (https://www.kashmiruniversity.ac.in/) and submit online applications by clicking Application Form for research programmes-2022 under the admission tab of the website from 12-05-2022 to 25-05-2022. Applicants are also required to deposit a non-refundable application fee of Rs.100/- through online mode. In-service candidates are required to mention in the form, date of appointment/Department and Length of Service supported by documentary proof to be uploaded along with qualification certificates.
- The eligible candidates other than the candidates exempted from entrance test, shall have to qualify the Entrance Test by securing atreast 50% marks.
- There shall be single Entrance Test paper with three parts having the following break up:
- Part -I General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, Analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparisons, puzzles etc.
- Parl-(lI) Basic (conventional) questions on Core papers.
- Part (III) Advanced (higher value questions) questions on core papers
- The question paper shall have 100 MCQ’s with 1 mark each with no negative marks. Break of questions in the question paper shall be as follows:
(i) Part -I : 20
(ii) Part-II : 30
(iii) Part-III : 50
For more details and apply please visit the official website