University of Calcutta PhD in Museology Admission 2022 through Entrance Test, Apply now
University of Calcutta Admission 2022 – University of Calcutta invites applications for admission to PhD in Museology offered by Department of Museology for the academic session 2022
University of Calcutta PhD in Museology Admission 2022
University of Calcutta PhD in Museology Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Application Process : Ongoing
- Last date to apply : 18th April 2022
- Entrance Test held on : 29th April 2022
- Result announced : 16th May 2022
- Interview : 23rd May 2022 at 1.00 pm
University of Calcutta PhD in Museology Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates having Master’s Degree in Museology will have to appear in an Entrance Test.
- Master’s degree holders in Museology with 55% marks/ ‘B’ grade in UGC 10 point scale/ equivalent grade in aggregate are eligible to apply.
- 5% relaxation in marks would be allowed to candidates belonging to the SC/ ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-abled categories and the candidates obtained their Master degree prior to 19.09.1991.
- Master degree holders in other relevant subjects or BE/ BTech/ MBBS degree holders may also apply subject to fulfillment of the Clauses 5.3 and 6.4 of the University of Calcutta (Regulation for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, PhD) Regulations 2016.
- Candidates having degrees from other Universities and foreign students need an equivalence/ clearance certificate from the competent authorities as laid down in the PhD Regulations 2016 (Clauses 5.1A and 5.1B).
University of Calcutta PhD in Museology Admission 2022 Application Process
- Application form can be downloaded from https://www.caluniv.ac.in/
- Candidates desiring to pursue research work in Museology may apply in the prescribed proforma by paying Rs. 100/- through SBI Collect (Calcutta University > Payment for MISC Fees > Application for Admission to PhD) by 18 April 2022.
- Scanned copy of the application, along with the self-attested relevant documents and the payment receipt, is to be submitted through e-mail to [email protected].
Structure of Entrance Test
- Entrance Test of 100 marks, to be held in this Department (1 Reformatory Street, Kolkata 700 027) on 29th April 2022 at 1.30 pm
- The Written Examination of two hour duration shall comprise 5 Questions of 5 marks each, based on a relevant paragraph to assess research aptitude; 25 Multiple Choice Type Questions of 2 marks each, from the core subjects; and 25 marks for a Research Proposal. There will be no negative markings.
- Questions would be based mainly on the first three papers of the current MA/ MSc Museology syllabus, viz., Organization & Management, Exhibition & Education, and Care & Conservation, though relevant other areas like, Basic Computer Applications, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Analytical Abilities, etc., may also be covered.
- Qualifying marks for Entrance Test will be 50%.
- Successful candidates in the written examination will be called for an interview of 50 marks. List of qualified candidates will be put up on the Departmental Notice Board as well as on the CU Website on 16th May 2022.
- Candidates who have already passed NET/ SET/ SLET/ GATE/ MPhil/ MTech/ ME/MD examinations/ obtained DST-INSPIRE Fellowship or under Teacher Fellowship can directly appear in the interview skipping the written examination.
- Interview of the eligible candidates would take place in the office of the HoD on 23rd May 2022 at 1.00 pm. Candidates must produce a well-structured Research Proposal during the interview (not more than 500 words or two A4-size papers).
- The list of qualified candidates for enrolment to the PhD programme would be displayed in the Departmental Notice Board as well as on the University website by the first week of June 2022.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website