University of Calcutta announces Admission to PhD Program through Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2021
University of Calcutta PhD in Information Technology Admission 2021 – Applications are invited for admission to the A.K Choudhury School of Information Technology, University of Calcutta for PhD course and subsequent research work leading to a PhD degree in Information Technology.
Read on for more details on University of Calcutta PhD in Information Technology Admission 2021
University of Calcutta PhD in Information Technology Admission 2021 Important Date
- Last date of submission application form: 23rd April 2021
- At present 17 PhD students (reservation is applicable as per the West Bengal State Education Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Act, 2013) will be taken, if available
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calcutta PhD in Information Technology Admission 2021
Candidates with the following background may apply for enrollment to the PhD program in the School:
- M. Tech. or M. E. in IT/CSE/CS/Electronics or equivalent, M. Sc. in Computer and Information Science/CS/Physics/Applied Physics/Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/Bioinformatics/ Biophysics and Molecular Biology or M.C.A or B. Tech./B.E. in IT/CSE/CS/Electronics or equivalent as per the University regulation. The relevant PhD rules for B. Tech./ B.E. students would be applicable as per the University Norm.
- The candidates having final degree of M.E./M.Tech. , B.Tech. and M.C.A. are to apply for enrollment in the PhD (Tech.) program and the candidates having the final degree of M.Sc. has to enroll for the PhD (Sc.) program.
- M.C.A. candidates applying for PhD Tech. program would have to follow the same rules applicable for B. Tech./B.E. Candidates for registration.
- All the relevant rules regarding equivalence of degree obtained from other universities would have to be complied with, including endorsement by the PhD committee.
University of Calcutta PhD in Information Technology Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates who wish to pursue research work through this School should apply in the prescribed proforma by paying Rs. 100/- through a challan available through different University Cash counters. The proforma for application is available in the University website https://www.caluniv.ac.in/
- The challan is to be duly forwarded through the Director, A. K Choudhury School of Information Technology. The completed application form with a copy of the paid challan is to be submitted in the office of the Director by 23rd April 2021.
- The allocation of supervisor will also be on the basis of this interview (see the University website for the areas on which research is carried on here).
- The eligible candidates will have to appear in a written MCQ examination of 1 hour duration followed by an interview to be held in this Department which will be informed to the candidates after the initial screening process. The syllabus of this examination is the M. Tech. (Information Technology) syllabus of this University including that for all the elective papers.
- However, those candidates who have already passed UGC/ CSIR(JRF) examinations /NET /SET /SLET /GATE /Teacher Fellowship or equivalent examinations or passed the M. Tech./M.E. degree in Information Technology or equivalent examination need not appear at the written examination and can directly appear at the interview.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website