Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT) Surat announces Admission to PhD program with Institute Assistantship for July 2021 session
SVNIT PhD Admission 2021 – Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat invites application for admission to full-time/part-time PhD programs offered in various departments for the academic year 2021-22
Interested candidates will be able to submit their applications through online mode till June 04, 2021. Check out more details on SVNIT PhD Admission 2021 from the page below
Category of PhD Students
There shall be provision for two categories of registration to the candidates willing to register to PhD Programs
- Full Time – Students who are willing to pursue research on full-time basis
- Part-Time – (a) Institute faculty, Staff and Project staff (b) Faculty staff and Project staff working in any Technical Institute duly approved by competent authority namely AICTE/UGC/DST etc. (c) Candidates working in any Public/Private sector organization or Research Laboratory/Organizations who is willing to pursue Research on part-time basis
The PhD programmes are offered by NIT Surat in the following academic departments of the Institute.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering & Communication Engineering
- Computer Engineering
SVNIT PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Online Registration and Non-Refundable Fee Payment Start: May 3, 2021
- Last date of registration of non-refundable fee payment and submission of on-line application Form: June 4, 2021 (11.59 pm, IST)
- Date of Display of list of eligible candidates by concerned Academic Dept.: June 18, 2021
- Online Written Test for All Departments: June 28, 2021
- Online Interviews for All Departments: June 29, 2021
- Date of Display of list of selected candidates by Academic Departments on Institute website: July 08, 2021
- Online documents Submission to the department for Registration: July 13, 2021
- Display of Registered Candidates Admission No. and Email-ID: July 16, 2021
- Payment of Semester Fees and Final Registration: July 17 to 22, 2021
- Commencement of Semester: July 26, 2021 (Tentative date)
Eligibility Criteria for SVNIT PhD Admission 2021
- The eligibility criteria for admission to PhD in Engineering Faculty, Science Faculty, Humanities Faculty and Interdisciplinary areas are:
- A candidate shall possess Master’s Degree in relevant area of Research and should have passed with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.0) or equivalent in respective faculty for open/open-EW/OBC candidates whereas 55% marks (CGPA 5.5) in the case of SC/ST/PwD candidates
- Full time Institute Research Scholars (FIR) taking admission in PhD Programs in Engineering, Sciences, Engineering and Management should have qualified GATE/NET/CAT Examinations, at least once, in his/her academic career.
- Candidates having Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology/Science/Management/Humanities or its Equivalent are eligible to apply for Ph.D. programs offered by the respective Department. Master degree candidate who has appeared for final semester/year examination or submitted thesis, they can also apply
- In case of the candidates whose qualifying degree results are not declared, they have to submit their final results by 15th September/15th February for admissions in Autumn/Spring semesters respectively.
- Candidates, who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with an exceptionally good academic record (CGPA 9.0 / equivalent marks or higher) in prescribed discipline, will also be considered for direct admissions to a Ph.D. program subject to if He / She should be eligible for admission to an M.Tech. / M.E. program in a relevant stream by virtue of his excellent valid GATE score. He / She should be a top 10% scorer of his/her related branch.
SVNIT PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through official website https://mis.svnit.ac.in/SVPHD
- The candidates are required to take a print out of the application form and uploaded documents and bring them along with original documents at the time of the interview.
Instructions to Applicants
- All applicants must apply online
- The portal is compatible with Mozilla Firefox. Candidates are advised to use Mozilla Firefox browser only.
- Multiple programs may be applied by the applicant. Separate registration and application fee is required for each program.
- Using the login credential, applicants must login to the Admission Portal for form filling.
- Application Fees must be paid only by an online payment portal from this site.
- For OP/OB Candidates – Rs. 1000/-
- For SC/ST Candidates – Rs. 500/-
- Mode of Payment – through the online payment mode
- Selection will be based on written test and Interview.
- Regular full-time scholars may be awarded scholarship / Assistantship as per MHRD / Institute guidelines.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website