Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT) announces Admission to PhD Program with Institute Assistantship for Session 2022
SVNIT PhD Admission – Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat invites application for admission to full-time/part-time PhD programs offered in various departments for the academic session 2022
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology PhD Admission 2022
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- On-line Registration and Non-Refundable Fee Payment Start : May 2, 2022
- Last date of registration of non-refundable fee payment and submission of on-line application Form : June 10, 2022 ( 11:59 PM,IST)
- Date of Display of list of eligible candidates by concerned Academic Department : June 24, 2022
- Reporting of candidates to concerned Academic Departments for Written tests/ Interview : Department of Chemistry, Department of Physics, Department of Mathematics & Humanities, Department of Civil Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering:- July 4, 2022 ( 09:00 AM,IST)
- Reporting of candidates to concerned Academic Departments for Written tests/ Interview -: Department of Electrical Engineering, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, Department of Electronics Engineering:- July 5, 2022 ( 09:00 AM,IST)
- Display of selected candidate list at the Institute web site : July 15, 2022 ( 05:00 PM,IST)
- Payment of Semester Fees and Final Registration : July 18, 2022 To July 22, 2022
- Commencement of Semester : July 25, 2022
- The eligibility criteria for admission to PhD in Engineering Faculty, Science Faculty, Humanities Faculty and Interdisciplinary areas are:
- A candidate shall possess Master’s Degree in relevant area of Research and should have passed with minimum 60% marks (CGPA 6.0) or equivalent in respective faculty for open/open-EW/OBC candidates whereas 55% marks (CGPA 5.5) in the case of SC/ST/PwD candidates
- Full time Institute Research Scholars (FIR) taking admission in PhD Programs in Engineering, Sciences, Engineering and Management should have qualified GATE/NET/CAT Examinations, at least once, in his/her academic career.
- Candidates having Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology/Science/Management/Humanities or its Equivalent are eligible to apply for Ph.D. programs offered by the respective Department. Master degree candidate who has appeared for final semester/year examination or submitted thesis, they can also apply
- In case of the candidates whose qualifying degree results are not declared, they have to submit their final results by 15th September/15th February for admissions in Autumn/Spring semesters respectively.
- Candidates, who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with an exceptionally good academic record (CGPA 9.0 / equivalent marks or higher) in prescribed discipline, will also be considered for direct admissions to a Ph.D. program subject to if He / She should be eligible for admission to an M.Tech. / M.E. program in a relevant stream by virtue of his excellent valid GATE score. He / She should be a top 10% scorer of his/her related branch.
- Eligible candidates can apply online through official website https://mis.svnit.ac.in/SVPHD/Default.aspx
- The candidates are required to take a print out of the application form and uploaded documents and bring them along with original documents at the time of the interview.
- For OP/OB/EWS Candidates : Rs. 2000/-
- For SC/ST/PWD Candidates : Rs. 1500/-
- Mode of Payment : Through the online payment mode
- Selection will be based on a written test and Interview.
- Regular full-time scholars may be awarded scholarship / Assistantship as per MHRD / Institute guidelines.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website