SRM Institute of Science and Technology (SRMIST) announces PhD Admission for January 2024 Session, Apply Now
SRMIST PhD Admission 2024 – SRM Institute of Science and Technology (SRMIST) invites applications for admission to full time PhD Degree Programs offered in Directorate of Research and Virtual Education for the academic session 2024 (January). SRMIST is one of the top ranking universities in India offering doctoral programs in six Faculties – Engineering & Technology, Management, Medicine & Health sciences, Science & Humanities, Law and Agricultural Sciences. Read on for more details on SRM Institute of Science and Technology PhD Admission 2024
- Full Time: All candidates who pursue full time research in SRMIST shall belong to this category.
- Part Time (Internal): All candidates employed in SRMIST who pursue part time research in SRMIST shall belong to this category.
- Part Time (External): All candidates working in Industrial units, Colleges, Govt. departments, Research organizations or other Institutions, sponsored for pursuing PhD Programs in SRMIST
- Last date to submit the application : 30th October 2023
- Department level entrance and interview : 09th November 2023
- Release of list of candidates for provisional registration : 17th November 2023
- Last date to pay tuition fee : 15th December 2023
- Reporting date at directorate of research : 22nd December 2023
- Two years of Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. Course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completed the M.Phil. Degree shall be legible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph.D Degree in the same Institution.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently- abled.
- Candidates can apply online through the official website https://admissions.srmist.edu.in/srmistonline/phdapplication
- For further details about eligibility conditions, how to apply and other details, the candidates should refer to the Admission Notification, uploaded on the official website of SRM IST University.
- Applications can be made online after paying a non-refundable fee of Rs.1200/-
- The number of available seats in the various specializations under different disciplines will be determined well in advance depending on the number of available Research Supervisors and other academic and physical facilities available.
- Preliminary scrutinisation of all applications received through online will be done by the Directorate of Research and the eligibility is determined.
- The eligible candidates are called for an entrance examination at the respective campuses of SRMIST. The entrance examination will be either Computer-Based Test (CBT) / Paper-pencil. The syllabus for the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
- The entrance examination will be followed by a presentation in the proposed research area and technical-cum-personal interview. The presentation will be assessed by the Department Research Coordination Committee (DRCC)
- There is no need for an Entrance test for those students who qualify in UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/teacher fellowship holder.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website