Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University ( SGGSWU) announces Admission to PhD Program for Session 2023, Apply now
SGGSWU PhD Admission 2023 – Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University (SGGSWU), Fatehgarh Sahib invites applications from the eligible candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program in various disciplines for the academic session 2023-24.
Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University PhD Admission 2023
PhD Program Offered
- Agriculture; Biotechnology; Chemistry; Commerce & Management; Computer Science; Economics; Food Processing Technology; Law; Mathematics; Physics; Physiotherapy; Education; Sri Guru Granth Sahib & Religious Studies; Zoology; Punjabi
- Last Date to Apply(without Late Fee) : July 14, 2023
- Last Date to Apply(with Late fee of Rs. 1000/-) : July 25, 2023
- Date of Entrance Examination: July 28, 2023
- Date of Declaration of result of Entrance Exam: August 01, 2023
- Date of Interview: August 08, 2023
- Schedule/Timing of Interview: To be notified later on
Eligibility Criteria for Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University PhD Admission 2023
- Master‟s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA (50% marks or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST candidates, OBC (non-creamy layer), differently abled persons who have more than 40% disability) or those who have obtained their Master‟s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991 or an equivalent degree of a recognized Indian or Foreign University in the subject concerned or allied subject.
- The eligibility of foreign students shall be determined on the basis of recognition of their degree‟is equivalent to (a) above by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi or any other authority notified for the purpose by the Government of India.
- Candidates possessing a Degree, considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
- Prospectus and Application form can be obtained from the university on payment of Rs. 600/- or may be downloaded from the university website https://sggswu.edu.in
- Application cum registration form can be obtained from the university on payment of Rs.600/- through demand draft in favour of Registrar, Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Payable at Fatehgarh Sahib or by cash payment at the spot.
- Entrance test fee can also be deposited by cash at the spot. In such a case, the fee receipt should be enclosed with the application form.
- Prospectus Fee : Rs. 600/-
- Application cum Entrance Test Fee : Rs. 3000/-
- All candidates should appear in the entrance test for admission to Ph.D. programs. However, the following categories of candidates may be exempted from taking entrance test for Ph.D. program:
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-CSIR NET (JRF)/NET/SLET (Punjab State)/GATE examination.
- The holders of teacher fellowships.
- Direct Awardees of Fellowships from Govt. Agencies like DBT/DST/ICMR/ICAR/ INSPIRE/RGNF/MANF (Students appointed in the projects sponsored by above agencies are not exempted from Entrance Test).
- Foreign students sponsored by Government of India agencies like ICCR, Ministry of HRD, etc. and foreign students sponsored by their respective Governments/Embassies.
- Other Foreign students residing outside India (Foreign Passport holders) who wish to seek admission directly(without any sponsorship) to Ph.D. Programme.
- A candidate is required to obtain at least 50% marks in the entrance test to qualify. Provided that a relaxation of 5% marks (from 50% to 45%) in the qualifying marks for the entrance test shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layers)/Differently abled category.
- The test will comprise of two papers, each of 75 minutes duration:
- Paper-I (Common for all subjects) : This paper will have 60 objective type multiple choice questions
- Paper-II (For subject opted by the candidate) : This paper will have 60 objective type multiple choice questions. The scope of the paper will be limited to the core areas relating to concerned discipline/ subject.
- The syllabus of Paper-II will be same as that of UGC- NET
- Qualifying marks in the entrance test is 50 percent in aggregate
- There is no negative marking in the Test.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India