Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University announces Admission to PhD Program 2021 (March Batch)
Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University PhD Admission 2021 – Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (SBV) invites applications in the prescribed form for admission to PhD in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing Sciences, and Interdisciplinary Research Full Time / Part Time in the following disciplines offered at its constituent colleges and its centers for the academic session 2021-22.
Interested candidates can check the post below for more details on Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University PhD Admission 2021 such as the eligibility criteria, application process, fee, etc.
PhD Programs Offered & No. of Seats
- Faculty of Medicine, Pharmacy, Interdisciplinary Research – Total 136 Seats
- Faculty of Dentistry – Total 10 Seats
- Faculty of Nursing Sciences – Total 01Seats
Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last Date to Apply: 30th April 2021
- Interview: 06th May 2021
- Counselling for the shortlisted candidates: 06th May 2021
- Publication of List of Provisionally Selected candidates: 11th May 2021
- PhD program begins 17th May 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University PhD Admission 2021
- Passed a Master’s degree in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing Sciences from any University in India/Abroad with a background in biology-related subjects with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil degree with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent ‘B+’ in the UGC 7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the PhD degree.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ ST / OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) / differently-abled and other categories of candidates.
Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website http://sbvu.ac.in/
- Application along with the Appendices can be downloaded from the University website
- The filled-in Application Form along with a Crossed Demand Draft for Rs. 500/- drawn in favor of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, payable at Pondicherry should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar, Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, SBV Campus, Pillaiyarkuppam, Pondicherry-607402
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms, and admission to the course are detailed before filling up the application form available on the official website.
- For PhD Application Fee – Rs. 500/-
- For Annual Tuition Fees for PhD (Full Time, Part Time (Internal, External) – Rs.30,000/-
- Mode of Payment – Online through Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking.
- The Fees has to be paid as Demand Draft in favor of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth payable at Pondicherry.
- Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth shall admit PhD scholars through an Entrance / Screening Test conducted at the level of the University. SBV will conduct a Selection interview for those scholars who qualify UGC – NET (including JRF / UGC – CSIR NET / JRF / SLET / GATE / Teacher Fellowship / M.Phil or equivalent).
- Admissions to Ph.D. programs at SBV is based on performance by the candidate at the assessment and counseling for the shortlisted candidates. The seats are allotted based on merit at the Counseling conducted by SBV.
- The Fellowship amount is Rs.10,000 per month for a maximum duration of three years, subject to the receipt of a satisfactory annual progress report.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website