Sri Balaji Society (SBS) Pune notifies Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) in Management Science Admission 2022-23, Apply now
Sri Balaji Society Pune PhD Admission 2022 – Sri Balaji Society, Sri Balaji University, Pune invites applications for admission to Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Program in Management Science for the Academic year 2022-24.
Sri Balaji Society Pune PhD Admission 2022
- Sri Balaji University, Pune provides PhD programs in the faculty of management sciences in the domain areas of Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, International Business, Systems and IT, Business Analytics, Supply Chain & Operations.
Categories of PhD Candidates
- Full Time
- Part Time
- A researcher registered for the Ph.D. program can submit his/her thesis after two years, after the completion of course work. The registration will remain valid for a maximum period of 5 years. Ph.D. program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including coursework and a maximum of five years.
- Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statutes / Ordinances of Sri Balaji University, Pune
- Last Date for applying to SBUP with payment of Rs.1500/- to check eligibility to appear for SBUP PET 2022 : 8th Nov 2022.
- Last Date for applying for SBUP PET 2022 Test with Payment of Rs. 3,500/- : 10th Nov 2022
- SBUP PET 2022 : Saturday 12th Nov 2022 (The Test timings will be notified later).
- Subject to the conditions stipulated in these Regulations, the following persons are eligible to seek admission to the PhD program :
- Candidates for admission to the PhD program shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) / Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the policy of Government of Maharashtra from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- In order to ensure that the utility-based research undertaken by experienced corporate managers with minimum service of 15 years in the various domain areas / specializations in management, like Marketing, Human Resource, Finance, Business Economics, International Business, Information Technology etc., a new batch of corporate researchers will be formed. The co-supervisors for these corporate researchers will also be from Industries. This will be a unique and novel experience in the corporate research field. The mode of conduct of the doctoral research program and the related course work will also be modified wherever necessary, for example, the corporate leaders need not frequently come to the college but our faculties will be visiting cities where the number of registered corporate researchers is more.
- The candidates working in organizations and applying as part-time external candidates will have to submit a consent letter from the respective organization.
- The candidates who are fellow members of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), and Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI), having five years of professional experience are also eligible. However, they must have scored 55% marks at the graduations.
- Interested candidates can apply online through the official website https://www.sbup.edu.in/ or https://www.sbup.edu.in/assets/policyDocuments/brochure-phd-2022.pdf
- Please sign in with a valid email id to initiate the registration process.
- Please read the form carefully and ensure all the fields are filled properly.
- Fields marked * are mandatory.
- Please ensure to upload the necessary self-attested copies of certificates as required.
- Online payment of Rs. 1,500/- (Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred only) toward application fee is non-refundable.
- Based on the online application form with uploaded documents, the SBUP office will inform you regarding your eligibility for appearing for the SBUP-PET examination.
- Upon confirmation of eligibility for appearing SBUP-PET examination, online payment of Rs. 3,500/- (Rupees Three Thousand Five Hundred only) be made.
- After receipt of the exam fee for appearing in the SBUP-PET examination, the admit card will be made available online.
- Application fee for SBUP – PET 2022 (For Checking Eligibility) Rs.1,500/-
- Upon confirmation of eligibility for appearing of SBUP – PET – 2022 Examination fee Rs.3,500/-
- Pre-Ph.D. course-work fee Rs. 5,000/-
- Pre-Ph.D. course-work exam fee Rs.5,000/-
- Sri Balaji University, Pune shall admit Ph.D. students through an Entrance Test (SBUP – PET) conducted at the level of the University. The students who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / SET / GATE / teacher fellowship holders or have passed M.Phil. programs are exempted from the GATE/teacher, however, they have to appear in an interview/ viva-voce.
- An Entrance Test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
- Students who will clear the entrance test will be called for an interview / viva-voce.
- An interview/viva-voce to be organized by the constituent Institutes / Departments of SBPU
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website