SN Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences announces Mid-Term Admission into PhD Programs in Physical, Chemical and Biological Sciences 2019-20
SN Bose Mid-Term PhD Admission 2019-20 – The S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, a premier autonomous research institute fully aided by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India invites applications with consistently good academic record (First Division / Class) to apply for mid-term admission into the Ph.D Programme in Physical, Chemical & Biological Sciences for the Academic Year 2019-20.
SN Bose Mid-Term PhD Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
- On-line Application Starts on: 5th November 2019
- On-line Application Closes on: 3rd December 2019
- Direct Interview Date: 6th December 2019
Eligibility Criteria for SN Bose Mid-Term PhD Admission 2019-20
A) Department of Astrophysics & Cosmology (AC) & Department of Theoretical Sciences (TS)
- Basic qualification: Masters in Science/Technology with First Class/Division i.e., minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/EWS/Differently abled candidates) in Physics and Applied Mathematics.
B) Department of Condensed Matter Physics and Material Sciences (CMP&MS)
- Basic qualification: Masters in Science/Technology with First Class/Division i.e., minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/EWS/Differently abled candidates) in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Engineering Physics, Electronics, Nanotechnology.
Further Qualifications required in addition to (A and B) :
- NET– CSIR-NET-JRF and UGC-NET-JRF (Dec 2017, June/Dec 2018/June 2019) with a valid award letter upto Feb 2020. OR
- INSPIRE – Provisionally Selected and Award Letter to be valid up to Feb 2020. (It is preferable that the INSPIRE applicants should have National Level Test (NLT) like JEST or GATE qualification which may prevent them from cancellation of their admission at the event of rejection of final offer by INSPIRE, if any, after their joining the Centre).
C) Department of Chemical, Biological and Macro Molecular Sciences (CBMS)
- Basic Qualification: Masters in Science/Technology with First Class/Division i.e., minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/EWS/Differently able candidates) in the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, Engineering Physics, Bioinformatics, Chemical Engineering, Electronics, Applied Optics & Photonics, Applied Physics, Radio Physics & Electronics, Polymer Science & Technology.
Also See : Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- For Direct interview in the CBMS department, qualifications required in addition to basic qualification :
- NET – CSIR NET-JRF and UGC-NET-JRF (Dec 2017, June/Dec 2018, June 2019) with valid award letter upto Feb 2020) OR
- INSPIRE – PROVISIONALLY SELECTED and Award Letter to be valid upto Feb 2020.
- Date of Interview for AC, TS, CMP & MS, CBMS Dept.: 6th December 2019
- None. However, the last qualifying University examination (Masters in Science /Technology) should have not been taken earlier than 2017.
- Tuition Fee: Rs. 10,000/- each year is payable in two equal installments at the beginning of the Autumn and Spring Semester.
- Application Fee: There is a non refundable application fee of Rs. 500/- for General category candidates & Rs.250/- for reserved categories (including Women).The fee to be paid through NEFT / RTGS Mode only.
The Account Details are as follows:
- Name of Account Holder: Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
- Account Number: 775010100024408; Bank Name and Branch: Axis Bank, Salt Lake Sector –III; Account Type: Savings A/C; IFSC Code: UTIB0000775
SN Bose Mid-Term PhD Admission 2019-20 Application Process
- Only online applications will be accepted. Please log on to http://www.bose.res.in
- Please read the following instructions carefully before applying for on-line application.
- Before applying, be sure that you satisfy all the criteria for admission at SNBNCBS. Your candidature may summarily be rejected if any discrepancy found at any stage on or after admission.
- The online application will automatically close after Dec 3, 2019 11:59 PM IST. In order to avoid a last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. SNBNCBS will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature in submission of online application during the last days.
Steps for submitting an application:
Step – 1: Sing In to get access of the application form for the mid-term admission 2019-20
- Visit https://admission2.bose.res.in/ServiceLogin to Sign In to get access of the application form by entering a valid email address.
- Then click on the ‘Send OTP’ button. A One Time Password (OTP) will send to the given email address. Put the OTP in the Online Application Portal and login.
- Email address is a mandatory field. SNBNCBS will communicate using this email address.
- You will not be able to modify the email address later.
Step – 2: Filling application form
- Before proceeding for filling the form online, the applicant must have the following:
- Good quality digital photograph (less than 512 kb).
- Good quality digital signature (less than 512 kb).
- Fill in all the information appropriately. Your input as per the admission criterion will be validated on the fly.
- You can save provided data at any stage by clicking on the ‘Save’ button.
- Once all the information is validated as per the admission criterion, department selection (for Ph.D.) will appear.
Step – 3: Fee deposit
- Fee Deposit option will be activated ONLY after successful completion of Personal, Academic & Examination Details.
- Fee can be deposited through online mode only.
- Online payment link will appear inside application form.
Step – 4: Submission of application form
- Once all the information is provided and validated, a checkbox with the text ‘I have verified the entire data and I want to submit the application’ will be visible at bottom of the page. Check the box if you want to submit your application for consideration.
- A declaration checkbox will be visible subsequently. Check the declaration box and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- You will not be able to modify the application form once submitted.
- For your reference, you can take a printout of your submitted application after successful submission. However, SNBNCBS will encourage you to keep a digital copy of the submitted application.
Step – 5: Download of Call Letter/Admit Card
- Sign In in due period and click on the download button to download Call Letter/Admit Card.
For more details please visit http://www.bose.res.in or http://newweb.bose.res.in/AcademicProgrammes/Admission.jsp.
S. N. Bose National Center of Basic Sciences
Block – JD, Sector – III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 106, Phone: (+91)-33-2335 1313/0312/3057/3061/5705/6/7/8, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.bose.res.in