Sidho Kanho Birsha University announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
SKBU PhD Admission 2023 – Sidho Kanho Birsha University (SKBU) – Purulia, West Bengal invites application for Admission to PhD Program offered in various disciplines for the academic session 2023.
PhD Program Offered
- Anthropology & Tribal Studies, Bengali, Botany, Commerce, Chemistry, Economics, Education, English, History, Mathematics, Physics, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Sociology, Zoology, Geography, Political Science, Psychology
- Start of Online Application: 27th December 2022
- Last date of Online Application: 27th January 2023
- Entrance Exam Date: To be announced
- Candidates must obtain 55% marks in the Two- Year Master’s level in relevant subject after a Three-year Bachelor’s degree or in M.Phil.
- Five percent marks relaxation will be allowed to SC/ ST/OBC-A/ OBC-B/ Differently Able candidates.
- Candidates have to apply online on the SKBU website https://skbu.ac.in/
- Read the notification carefully before filling the application form. An application fee of Rs. 1000/- for Unreserved & OBC candidates and Rs. 500/-for SC/ST / Differently Able candidates is to be paid online during the submission of application form.
- Admission to the PhD Program will be conducted through 02 (two) phases:
- Research Eligibility Test (written examination)
- Candidates who have cleared UGC/CSIR – NET (including JRF)/SET/GATE/Teacher Fellowship/INSPIRE Fellowship) will not be required to appear at the Research Eligibility Test (RET). However, they will have to submit the application form along with the required fees to appear at the Viva-voce directly.
- M.Phil. candidates will be selected through Research Eligibility Test( RET).
Entrance Test (RET)
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test consists of 50% in the area of Research Methodology and remaining 50% shall be subject-specific.
- For the subject part of the entrance test (RET), the UGC/CSIR NET syllabus will be followed.
- The qualifying marks for Entrance Test will be 50% for general candidates and 45% for the SC/ST/OBC-A/ OBC-B/ Differently Able candidates.
- Other necessary information related to question pattern, list of eligible candidates, schedule & venue of entrance test, mode of entrance test etc. will be uploaded in the official website of University www.skbu.ac.in in due course.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website