REVA University announces Admission to PhD Program for Session 2021
REVA University PhD Admission 2021 – REVA University Bengaluru invites applications from eligible candidates with high aspirations to contribute to the emerging areas of research, to register for PhD Program for the academic year 2021.
PhD Program Offered
- Ph. D. in Computer Science and Engineering
- Ph. D. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Ph. D. in Civil Engineering
- Ph. D. in Computer Science and Engineering
- Ph. D. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Ph. D. in Mechanical Engineering
- Ph. D. in Performing Arts
- Ph. D. in English
- Ph.D. in Psychology
- Ph. D. in Management
- Ph. D. in Commerce
- Ph. D. in Chemistry
- Ph. D. in Mathematics
- Ph. D. in Physics
- Ph. D. in Biochemistry
- Ph. D. in Biotechnology
- Ph. D. in Computer Science and Applications
- Ph. D. in Microbiology
- Ph. D. in Architecture
- Ph. D. in Legal Studies
- The minimum duration for a Ph D programme is Three years, including coursework.
REVA University PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Issue of Applications (both online and offline) :- 21st June 2021 to 21th August 2021
- Entrance Examination : 11th September 2021
- Announcement of Results :- 25th September 2021
- Interview & Counseling for Shortlisted Candidates :- 09th October 2021
- Announcement of Selected Candidates :- 12th October 2021
- Last date of Payment of Fees & Enrollment for PhD :- 13th October 2021 to 30th October 2021
- Commencement of Course work Classes :- 13th November 2021
Eligibility Criteria for REVA University PhD Admission 2021
- Subject to the conditions stipulated in REVA University PhD Regulations, the following persons are eligible to seek admission to the Ph.D. programme:
- Candidates for admission to the Ph. D programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by the approved Assessment and Accreditation Agency.
- Candidates who have cleared the M. Phil course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale) and successfully completed the M. Phil. Degree;
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, is allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) /differently-abled and other categories of candidates;
- For category wise eligibility criteria check on the website.
- Candidates are required to apply Online through the official website https://reva.edu.in/
- Candidates can download Application form the website https://reva.edu.in/
- Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
- Indian / SAARC Nationals :- Rs. 1000/-
- NRI Fee :- Rs. 2000/-
- Foreign Nationals:- $50
- Mode of Payment :- Through Online and offline
- The registration for PhD is through Entrance Test (REVA PET), Interview and Counseling. The Entrance Test will be 100 marks with 3 hours duration.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test paper for candidates other than those who have qualified UGC-JRF/UGC-NET/ UGC-CSIR JRF/ UGC-CSIR NET / SLET / GATE or passed in M. Phil or candidates hold teacher fellowship, will be both on Research Methodology and the concerned subject of study (subject specific) with 50% of weightage each. The test will be for 100 marks of 3 hours duration. The question paper will be in TWO PARTS – Part-I: Questions on concerned subject of study (subject specific) for 50 marks (objective & descriptive) & Part-II: Questions on Research Methodology for 50 marks (objective & descriptive) with 3 hours duration.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test for candidates who have qualified UGC-NET including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / SLET / GATE or candidates holding teacher fellowship will be only on Research Methodology. The question paper will be for 100 marks (20% Objective and 80% Descriptive) with 3 hours duration.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test for candidates who have passed M. Phil program will be only on a concerned subject of study (subject specific). The question paper will be for 100 marks (50% Objective and 50% Descriptive) with 3 hours duration.
- Candidates securing at least 50 marks out of 100 in the Entrance Test shall be declared as eligible for interview / viva voce.
For more details and to apply visit the official website