Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT) Indore announces PhD Admission for January 2022 Session
RRCAT PhD Admission 2022 – Applications are invited by Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Program in specialized areas of Physical, Chemical, Life and Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) Sciences for the academic year 2022 (January)
Check complete information on RRCAT PhD Admission 2022 such as eligibility criteria, application process and selection from the page below.
PhD Specialized Area
- Life and Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) Sciences
RRCAT PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Registration will start online from 30th August 2021
- Last date for online submission is 30th September 2021
- DAE Junior Research Fellowships will be offered to those selected for the pursuit of PhD
- First Two Years – Rs.31000/- per month (as Junior Research Fellow)
- Three Years – Rs.35000/- per month (as Senior Research Fellow)
Eligibility Criteria for RRCAT PhD Admission 2022
- Physical Sciences: M.Sc. degree in Physics with a minimum of 60% overall marks, and must have qualified Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST-2021) and/or CSIR-UGC NET (June 2021 or June/December 2020: JRF, not lecturership).
- Life Sciences: M.Sc. degree in Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/biochemistry/ microbiology with a minimum of 60% overall marks, and must have qualified CSIR-UGC NET (June 2021 or June/ December 2020: JRF, not lecturership)/ BET-2021/ GATE (i.e., GATE-2019/ GATE-2020/ GATE-2021).
- Engineering Sciences: Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree in Mechanical / Thermal/ Production / Mechatronics Eng/ Manufacturing/ Material Science, with First class or at least 60% marks or at least 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale and must have qualified GATE (i.e., GATE-2019/ GATE-2020/ GATE-2021). The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Production/ Materials Engineering.
- Applicants who are completing the qualifying degree in the year 2021 can also apply, provided they have a minimum of 60% overall marks in the completed semesters. If selected, the final degree mark sheet should be submitted by 31st March 2022
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
RRCAT PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Candidates can fill the online application form on website www.rrcat.gov.in
- Two copies of the filled application form, affixed with passport-size photo on each, along with copies of documents mentioned in the application, should be sent to Administrative Officer-III, Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, PO: CAT, Indore 452 013 by registered post with A/D, or by speed post.
- The selection of the students for the Ph.D. programme will be a two-step process:
- Screening of the applications, followed by
- An interview of the short-listed candidates
- The screening will be done on the basis of applicant’s score/ rank in the qualifying exam, i.e,. JEST-2021 and/or CSIR-UGC NET and/or GATE and/or BET as per the discipline as indicated above.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website