M.Phil. & Ph.D. ENTRANCE TEST 2018
Punjabi University Patiala MPhil and PhD Admission 2018 – Punjabi University Patiala has released notification for admission in MPhil and PhD Courses in the Various Department for the academic session 2018-19
Interested and eligible candidates may fill their Application Form as per schedule. Candidates can check the complete details of Punjabi University Patiala MPhil & PhD Admission 2018 on this page below
Also See: PhD Admission 2019
- Last date for application
- Without Late Fee: 04th July 2018
- With Late Fee of Rs. 1500/- 11th July 2018
- Late date of filling/editing the Form 13th July 2018
- Download Admit Card 19th July 2018
- Date of Entrance Test 21th July 2018
- Declaration of Result 07th August 2018
- Interview/Counseling Date (9.00 am onwards: 10th August 2018
- Place of Interview/Counseling: Head of Concerned Departments
The candidates shall be admitted to Ph.D. Program either directly or through M.Phil program.
- Masters degree in the concerned/allied subject (as determined by the Departmental Research Board) with 55% marks at Masters Degree (without rounding off). The Scheduled Caste/Schedule Tribe/ Physically Handicapped (Provided that they have 40% Physical disability)/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) category candidates will get 5% relaxation in post graduation Marks. OR
- First Class Master Degree in Business Management/ Computer Applications (MCA)/Master in Pharmacy/Engineering and Technology (M.Tech.) OR
- Phil./M.Litt. Degree with B+ or equivalent. OR
- In case of Defence Personnel who have obtained Masters Degree on the basis of staff-college, registration will be allowed if the candidate has obtained at least 60% marks in the Master’s Degree. OR
- Candidates who have passed C.A./I.C.W.A./Company Secretary Examinations are eligible for getting registered for Ph.D. Degree.
Note: For doing Ph.D. in the Science Departments the candidate should have passed regular M. Sc. degree from U.G.C. recognised University. Candidates with M.Sc. through Distance Education will not be eligible for admission to Ph.D. degree in the Science Departments.
Also See: M.Phil Admission 2019
Every candidate interested in admission to Ph.D. Program has to appear and qualify the Entrance Test to be conducted by Punjabi University, Patiala.
The following category of candidates may be exempted from taking entrance test for Ph.D. programm
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-CSIR NET (JRF)/SLET (Punjab State)/GATE/GPAT examinations.
- The Holders of teacher fellowships.
- Direct Awardees of Fellowships from Govt. Agencies like DBT/DST/ICMR/
- ICAR/INSPIRE/RGNF/MANF fellowships. (Students appointed in the project sponsored by above agencies are not exempted from Entrance Test)
- Foreign students sponsored by Government of India agencies like ICCR, Ministry of HRD, etc. and foreign students sponsored by their respective Governments/Embassies.
- Other Foreign students residing outside India (Foreign Passport holders) who wish to seek admission directly (without any sponsorship) to Ph.D. Program.
For candidates seeking admission to Ph.D. program after M.Phil. course following will be applicable.
- Candidates who have obtained M.Phil. degree with minimum B+ grade or equivalent from Punjabi University, Patiala as a regular student and whose admission at the M.Phil. has been through an entrance test are exempted from the entrance test for Ph.D. Program.
- Candidates who have passed M.Phil. (with minimum B+ grade or equivalent) from another university as regular students or through distance Education will have to appear in the entrance test.
- Candidates who have passed M.Phil with minimum B+ grade or equivalent from Punjabi University (regular as well as Distance Education) whose admissions were made without the entrance test will have to appear in the Entrance Test.
- A candidate will be eligible to supplicate for M.Phil. degree only if he has undergone regular course work prescribed by the University.
- A candidate seeking admission to M.Phil. Course must satisfy the following academic criteria and shall apply on a prescribed form to the Head of the Department concerned on the dates to be notified by the University.
Pre-requisite for admission to M. Phil.:
- Master’s degree in the concerned/allied subjects (as determined by the Departmental Research Board).
Eligibility for admission to M. Phil.:
- B.A./B. Sc./B. Com./Graduate Degree with 50% marks and (b) M.A./M. Sc./M. Com./Master Degree with 55% marks. A relaxation of 5 % marks would be given to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/Physically Handicapped candidates at both the levels.
- The admission to M.Phil. and Ph.D. Program during the academic session 2018-2019 will be made on the basis of common Entrance Test conducted by Punjabi University, Patiala.
- The Qualifying marks in the Entrance Test will be 50% for the M.Phil and Ph.D. Program. A relaxation of 5% marks would be given to SC/ST/Physically handicapped candidates
Entrance Test Scheme
- The question paper for the entrance test will consist of two sections.
- The section A will consist of 50 objective/multiple choice questions of Research Methodology and Section B will consist of 50 objective/multiple choice questions from the syllabus of the particular subject.
- Each question will carry one mark.
- There is no negative marking
Syllabus for Entrance Test
- The Entrance Test would be based on Research Methodology and Core papers out of the current post graduate syllabus and UGC NET/CSIR/GATE syllabus of the respective subject of Punjabi University, Patiala.
- For further information regarding the syllabus contact the concerned Head of Department or University website pupadmissions.ac.in.
Application-cum-Admission-Form M.Phil/Ph.D. offered by Punjabi University, Patiala at Patiala campus and its Regional Centre, Bhatinda (M.Phil. Punjabi only) be submitted through following common online procedure.
Step-1. Registration Procedure
- Open www.pupadmissions.ac.in
- Select the Course Category in which you seek admission
- Fill the Registration Form Online – kindly fill your particulars as Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Category (SC/ST or General and all others), Mobile No., e-mail address, etc.
- Make payment using one of the following mode:
- Online Debit/Credit Card/ Net Banking
- Pay-in-slip of State Bank of India
- Punjabi University Cashier Receipt (Only at Patiala Campus)
NOTE: In case of b and c take a printout of the Pay-in-slip and deposit the amount in any branch of the concerned bank/ University Cashier. You will be issued User Id and Password (through SMS) only after confirmation of your payment by Centralized Admission Cell. No need to send the Payin-Slip to Centralized Admission Cell, but in case Userid and Password are not received within 48 hours, send the scanned copy of Pay-in-slip (in case c)/University Cash Receipt along with Payment Receipt (in case d) through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note down your User id for future use. This completes your registration process subject to payment confirmation. To fill your application form please refers to step 2.
Step-2 Fill Online Application Form
- Open www.pupadmissions.ac.in and open the Application Form by logging on Apply button in the concerned course category using your User id generated at the end of successful registration or Proceed from Registration Step.
- Fill the Application Form Online and provide information regarding your academic record, reservation category, etc.
- After completion of the Application Form click on SAVE button.
Step-3 Edit Your Application Form
- The registered candidates can edit information filled by them in the Application Form for limited period using User id and password issued to them.
- Once the Application Fee payment status is confirmed you will be issued User Id and Password. The intimation about this will be made through SMS/e-mail alerts.
- Candidates making payment using Online Net Banking option or Credit/ Debit Card options will be issued User Id and Password immediately after confirmation of the payment by the gateway.
- Candidates making payment using Pay-in-slip for SBI or Punjabi University Patiala Cashier Fee Receipt will be issued User Id and Passwords only after confirmation of their payment by Centralized Admission Cell. In case no password is received within 48 hours, contact Centralized Admission Cell.
Step-4 Print the Form
- Registered candidates whose payment has been confirmed and who have successfully completed step 2, can print their application forms for their personal record, using User Id and Password.
- 2000/- General
- 1400/- for SC/ST
For more detail information visit the website: www.pupadmissions.ac.in
Punjabi University Patiala
(Established Under Punjab Act. No. 35 of 1961), NH 64, Urban Estate Phase II, Patiala, Punjab-147002, Phone No.: 01753046366, Website www.pupadmissions.ac.in