Punjabi University Patiala M.Phil PhD Admission 2019 Notification
Punjabi University Patiala M.Phil PhD Admission 2019 – Punjabi University, Patiala Applications are invited for Admission to Degree of Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.)/Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programme for the academic year 2019-20.
Also See : Phd Admission
Important Date for Punjabi University MPhil Phd Admission 2019
- Online Registration Without Late Fee: 04th July 2019
- Online Registration with Late Fee of Rs. 1500/-:11th July 2019
- Last date of filling/ editing the form: 12th July 2019
- Download Admit Card: 17th July 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 21th July 2019
- Tentative Date of Declaration of Result: 7th August 2019
- Interview Dates (09.15 am onwards): 13th August 2019
- Place of Interview: Head of concerned Department
Also See : M.Phil Admission
Eligibility Criteria for Punjabi University MPhil Phd Admission 2019
- M.Phil: A candidate will be eligible to supplicate for M.Phil. degree only if he has undergone regular course work prescribed by the University.
- A candidate seeking admission to M.Phil. Course must satisfy the following academic criteria and shall apply on a prescribed form to the Head of the Department concerned on the dates to be notied by the University.
- Pre-requisite for admission to M. Phil.: Master’s degree in the concerned/allied subjects (as determined by the Departmental Research Board).
- B.A./B. Sc./B. Com./Graduate Degree with 50% marks and (b) M.A./M. Sc./M. Com./Master Degree with 55% marks. A relaxation of 5 % marks would be given to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/Physically Handicapped candidates at both the levels.
- Ph.D: Master’s degree in the concerned/allied subject (as determined by the Departmental Research Board) with 55% marks at Master’s Degree (without rounding off). The Scheduled Caste/Schedule Tribe/ Physically Handicapped (Provided that they have 40% Physical disability)/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) category candidates will get 5% relaxation in post-graduation Marks. OR
- First Class Master Degree in Business Management/Computer Applications (MCA)/Master in Pharmacy/Engineering and Technology (M.Tech.) OR Phil./M.Litt. Degree with B+ or equivalent. OR
- In case of Defence Personnel who have obtained Master’s Degree on the basis of staff-college, registration will be allowed if the candidate has obtained at least 60% marks in the Master’s Degree; or
- Candidates who have passed C.A./I.C.W.A./Company Secretary Examinations are eligible for getting registered for Ph.D. Degree.
- Note: For doing Ph.D. in the Science Departments the candidate should have passed regular M. Sc. degree from U.G.C. recognised University. Candidates with M.Sc. through Distance Education will not be eligible for admission to Ph.D. degree in the Science Departments.
Admission Procedure for Punjabi University MPhil Phd Admission 2019
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-CSIR NET (JRF)/SLET (Punjab State)/GATE/GPAT examinations. The Holders of teacher fellowships. Direct Awardees of Fellowships from Govt. Agencies like DBT/DST/ICMR/ ICAR/INSPIRE/RGNF/MANF fellowships. (Students appointed in the project sponsored by above agencies are not exempted from Entrance Test)
- The admission to M.Phil. and Ph.D. Program during the academic session 2018-2019 will be made on the basis of common Entrance Test conducted by Punjabi University, Patiala.
- The Qualifying marks in the Entrance Test will be 50% for the M.Phil and Ph.D. Program. A relaxation of 5% marks would be given to SC/ST/Physically handicapped candidates.
Entrance Test Scheme
- The question paper for the entrance test will consist of two sections.
- The section A will consist of 50 objective/multiple choice questions of Research Methodology and Section B will consist of 50 objective/multiple choice questions from the syllabus of the particular subject.
- Each question will carry one mark.
- There is no negative marking
Online Application Fee
- For General Category: Rs. 2000/-
- For SC/ST Category: Rs. 1400/-
- Application-cum-Admission-Forms for admission to various courses offered by Punjabi University Patiala (Patiala Campus and its Regional and Neighbourhood Campuses) for the year 2019-20 will be processed through the Online system portal
Step-1. Registration Procedure
- Open www.pupadmissions.ac.in
- Select the Course Category in which you seek admission
- Fill the Registration Form Online – kindly fill your particulars as Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Category (SC/ST or General and all others), Mobile No., e-mail address, etc.
- Make payment using one of the following mode:
- 1. Online Debit/Credit Card/ Net Banking
- 2. Pay-in-slip of State Bank of India
- 3. Punjabi University Cashier Receipt (Only at Patiala Campus Cash counter)
- NOTE: In case of b and c take a printout of the Pay-in-slip and deposit the amount in any branch of the concerned bank/ University Cashier. You will be issued User Id and Password (through SMS) only after confirmation of your payment by Centralized Admission Cell. No need to send the Pay in-Slip to Centralized Admission Cell, but in case User Id and Password are not received within 48 hours, send the scanned copy of Pay-in-slip (in case c)/University Cash Receipt along with Payment Receipt (in case d) through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note down your User id for future use. This completes your registration process subject to payment confirmation. To fill your application form please refers to step 2.
Step-2 Fill Online Application Form
- Open www.pupadmissions.ac.in and open the Application Form by logging on Apply button in the concerned course category using your User Id generated at the end of successful registration or Proceed from Registration Step.
- Fill the Application Form Online and provide information regarding your academic record, reservation category, etc.
- After completion of the Application Form click on SAVE button.
Step-3 Edit Your Application Form
- The registered candidates can edit information filled by them in the Application Form for limited period using User id and password issued to them.
- Once the Application Fee payment status is confirmed you will be issued User Id and Password. The intimation about this will be made through SMS/e-mail alerts.
- Candidates making payment using Online Net Banking option or Credit/ Debit Card options will be issued User Id and Password immediately after confirmation of the payment by the gateway.
- Candidates making payment using Pay-in-slip for SBI or Punjabi University Patiala Cashier Fee Receipt will be issued User Id and Passwords only after confirmation of their payment by Centralized Admission Cell. In case no password is received within 48 hours, contact Centralized Admission Cell.
Step-4 Print the Form
- Registered candidates whose payment has been confirmed and who have successfully completed step 2, can print their application forms for their personal record, using User Id and Password.
- For more details visit the website information website www.pupadmissions.ac.in
Punjabi University, Patiala
- Centralised Admission Cell, Landmark: Near Happiness Cafe, Punjabi University, Patiala 147002, Phone No. : 0175-3046522, 0175-3046390, Email :email@example.com website www.pupadmissions.ac.in