Punjabi University Patiala announces Admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program 2022
Punjabi University Patiala PhD Admission 2022 – Punjabi University, Patiala invites applications for Admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Program for the academic year 2022-23.
Punjabi University Patiala PhD Admission 2022
- Online Registration Without Late Fee : 01st September 2022
- Online Registration With Late Fee of Rs. 1500/- : 07th September 2022
- Late date of filling/editing the Form : 08th September 2022 (05:00 pm)
- Download Admit Card 09th September 2022
- Date of Entrance Test 12th September 2022
- Declaration of Result (Tentative) 27th September 2022
- Interview/Counseling Date (9.00 am onwards) : 30th September 2022
- Place of Interview/Counseling : Concerned Department
Eligibility Criteria for Punjabi University Patiala PhD Admission 2022
- Masters degree in the concerned/allied subject (as determined by the Departmental Research Board) with 55% marks at Masters Degree (without rounding off). The Scheduled Caste/Schedule Tribe/Physically Handicapped (Provided that they have 40% Physical disability)/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) category candidates will get 5% relaxation in post graduation Marks. OR
- First Class Master Degree in Business Management/ Computer Applications (MCA)/Master in Pharmacy/Engineering and Technology (M.Tech.) OR
- M.Phil./M.Litt. Degree with B+ or equivalent. OR
- In case of Defence Personnel who have obtained Master’s Degree on the basis of staff-college, registration will be allowed if the candidate has obtained at least 60% marks in the Master’s Degree. OR
- Candidates who have passed C.A./I.C.W.A./Company Secretary Examinations are eligible for getting registered for Ph.D. Degrees.
- Note: For doing Ph.D. in the Science Departments the candidate should have passed a regular M. Sc. degree from U.G.C. recognised University. Candidates with M.Sc. through Distance Education will not be eligible for admission to Ph.D. degree in the Science Departments.
- The candidate shall apply for admission to the Ph.D. Program online at website https://pupadmissions.ac.in/
- The candidate is strictly advised to check the admission schedule for Ph.D. specified in the IMPORTANT DATES mentioned on the website www.pupadmissions.ac.in before filling the online application form.
- For General Category: Rs. 2000/-
- For SC/ST Category: Rs. 1400/-
- Mode of Payment : through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Internet Banking or Cash deposited in State Bank of India through Pay-in Slip.
- Every candidate interested in admission to Ph.D. Programme has to appear and qualify the Entrance Test to be conducted by Punjabi University, Patiala.
- The following categories of candidates are exempted from taking the Entrance Test for Ph.D. programme.
- However, they have to fulfill other conditions of admission.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-CSIR NET (JRF)/SLET (Punjab State)/GATE/GPAT examinations.
- The Holders of teacher fellowships.
- Direct Awardees of Fellowships from Govt. Agencies like DBT/DST/ICMR/ICAR/INSPIRE/RGNF/MANF fellowships. (Students appointed in the project sponsored by above agencies are not exempted from Entrance Test) Foreign students sponsored by Government of India agencies like ICCR, Ministry of HRD, etc. and foreign students sponsored by their respective Governments/Embassies.
- Other Foreign students residing outside India (Foreign PassPort holders) who wish to seek admission directly (without any sponsorship) to Ph.D. Programme.
- For candidates seeking admission to Ph.D. programmes after M.Phil. of course, the following will be applicable.
- Candidates who have obtained M.Phil. degree with minimum B+ grade or equivalent from Punjabi University, Patiala as a regular student and whose admission at the M.Phil. has been through an Entrance Test and is exempted from the Entrance Test for Ph.D. Programme.
- Candidates who have passed M.Phil. (with minimum B+ grade or equivalent) from another university as regular students or through distance Education will have to appear in the Entrance Test.
- Candidates who have passed M.Phil with minimum B+ grade or equivalent from Punjabi University (regular as well as Distance Education) whose admissions were made without the Entrance Test will have to appear in the Entrance Test.
Entrance Test Scheme
- The question paper for the Entrance Test will consist of two sections. Section A will consist of 50 objective/multiple choice questions of Research Methodology and Section B will consist of 50 objective/multiple choice questions from the syllabus of the particular subject. Each question will carry one mark. There is no negative marking.
Syllabus for Entrance Test
- The Entrance Test would be based on Research Methodology and Core papers out of the current post graduate syllabus and UGC NET/CSIR/GATE syllabus of the respective subject of Punjabi University, Patiala. For further information regarding the syllabus contact the concerned Head of Department or University website www.pupadmissions.ac.in.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2022
- Admission Notifications and Dates 2022