Patliputra University Patna announces Ph.D. Admission Test (PAT) 2020
Patliputra University Patna PhD Admission Test 2020 – Patliputra University, Patna invites online application for admission to Ph.D. Program through Admission Test for the year 2020.
Ph.D. Admission Test (PAT) 2020
- Patliputra University, a State Public University in Bihar, has released PhD Admission Test (PAT) 2020. The PhD Entrance Test will be held on 19 Subjects. The total number of vacant PhD seats are 832.
No. of Seats in each subject
- Faculty of Social Science: History – 47 Seats; Political Science – 70 Seats; Geography – 17 Seats; Economics – 79 Seats; Psychology – 75 Seats; Sociology – 17 Seats; Home Science – 10 Seats; Music – 02 Seats
- Faculty of Science: Physics – 53 Seats; Chemistry – 75 Seats; Botany – 33 Seats; Zoology – 35 Seats; Mathematics – 40 Seats
- Faculty of Humanities: Philosophy – 40 Seats; Hindi – 68 Seats; English – 82 Seats; Sanskrit – 28 Seats; Urdu – 23 Seats
- Faculty of Commerce: Commerce – 38 Seats
Eligibility Criteria for Patliputra University PhD Admission Test 2020
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Programme shall have a Master’s degree with at less 55% mark in aggregate or its equivalent grade “B” in the UGC-7 point scale (or equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differently–abled categories of candidates.
- A candidate shall be permitted to pursue research for the PhD, degree in the subject in which he/she holds master’s degree.
- Note: Appearing candidates are not eligible for Ph Admission Test (PAT)-2020
Exemption from the written test of PhD Admission Test (PAT)-2020
- Candidate who have secured grant for research such as fellowship /scholarship/associates ship etc. by qualifying UGC NET /CSIR NET/GATE/MHRD scholarship/Teacher fellowship/DBT/ICMR/ICAR/DST-INSPIRE/CSSIR,ICHR etc.
- Assistant professors, associates professor and professor who has been appointed on substantive post and the UGC pay scale in the Teaching department or the University or a constituent collage of the university who have completed their probation successfully with an experience of at least two years of uninterrupted service would be considered under this category. Teachers appointed in self financed courses will not be exempted from the Test.
- Non-Teaching employee of the University, who are holding substantive appointment for more than five years and having at least 55% marks in Masters degree in the subject concerned and with at least two research papers published in any reputed refereed journal or journals identified by the UGC would be considered under this category.
- Note: Candidates, who are exempted from the written test of Ph.D. Admission Test (PAT)-2020, have to submit their application online with the payment of the required fee.
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Patliputra University PhD Admission Test 2020 Exam Pattern
- Ph.D. Admission Test (PAT)-2020 is a written test comprising of two papers of 100 marks each.
- Paper-I (100 Marks) – shall comprise of objective/ multiple type questions form general and research aptitude.
- Paper-II (100 Marks) – Subjective/objective type in the subject concerned based on the syllabus of Post-Graduate courses of Patliputra University.
- Interview-(20 Marks) – It is mandatory for the applicants, who have qualified the written test and those exempted from the written test, to appear before the interview Board.
- The minimum marks to qualify the written test will be as follows:
- For General Candidates: 50% of the aggregate marks
- For Reserved Category Candidates: 45% of the aggregate marks.
- Note: The selection of the candidate will be on the basis of the marks obtained in the written test and the interview combined together.
- Seats shall be allotted as per the availability of vacancies and against the reservation norms.
The Pattern of Question Papers and syllabus
Paper-I: Multiple Type Questions
- Number of questions- 50
- Duration of Examination – 1 Hour
- No negative marking for wrong answer
- Examination will be conducted on OMR sheet. Students are not allowed to take the question booklet with them.
Paper 2: Subjective
- Duration of Examination- 2 Hours
- Based on the syllabus of the Post-Graduate Courses of the University.
- The paper will be divided into three Groups.
- Marks distribution
- Group A- 30 Marks – 5×6=30
- Group B-40 Marks – 4×10=40
- Group C- 30 Marks – 2×15=30
- Group A– Total eight short answer type questions to be set out of which five are to be answered (expected length of each answer- 150 words approximately)
- Group B– Total seven questions to be set of which four are to be answered (expected length of each answer- 200 words approximately)
- Group C– Total four questions to be set of which two are to be answered (expected length of each answer 500 words approximately).
- The candidates are directed to answer questions in sequential order.
Patliputra University PhD Admission Test 2020 Application Process
- Candidate can apply online at http://www.ppup.ac.in/
- The online applications will be filled on the online payment of fee as per follows – Rs.1500/- for application belonging to General and BC-II Category Rs.1000/- for applicants belonging to SC/ST and BC-I category. Late fine for online submission of application Rs.500/-
Patliputra University PhD Admission Test 2020 Important Dates
|Start of Submission of Online Form
||08th December 2019
|Last date of Submission of Online Form
||22nd December 2019
|Last date of submission of Online Form with late fine of Rs. 500/-
||23th to 25th December 2019
|Date of PhD Admission Test
||09th January 2020
For further details Please visit the website http://www.ppup.ac.in/