SVKM’s NMIMS Mumbai announces Admission to PhD Program in Engineering and Technology for Session 2022, Apply now
NMIMS PhD in Engineering and Technology Admission – SVKM’s NMIMS Deemed-to-be University, Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Programs in Engineering and Technology Management for the session 2022.
Read on for more details on NMIMS PhD in Engineering and Technology Admission 2022.
PhD Program & Duration
- Duration of the Program: Minimum 3 including coursework & Maximum 6 Years (full time)
- Ph.D. Engineering: Electronics & Telecommunication, Computer, Information Technology, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical, Applied Physics, Applied Chemistry, and Applied Mathematics.
- Ph.D. Technology Management
NMIMS PhD in Engineering and Technology Admission Dates 2022
- Online Registration on website www.nmims.edu: Monday, 17th January 2022
- Last date of online Registration : Thursday, 14th April 2022
- Call letters for Entrance Test (after 5.00 p.m.) : Friday, 15th April 2022
- Documents upload on the link given on the call letter till 12.00 noon : Thursday, 21st April 2022
- Conduct of Entrance Test : Tuesday, 19 April 2022
- Call letter for Personal Interview : Wednesday, 20th April 2022
- Conduct of Personal Interview : Friday, 22nd April 2022
- Declaration of Merit List (after 5.00 p.m.) : Friday, 30th April 2022
- Documents upload Payment of Admission fees : 01st May to 8th May 2022
- Commencement of Program : Monday, 11th July 2022
- Closure of Admission : Wednesday, 27th July 2022
NMIMS PhD in Engineering and Technology Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
For PhD (Engineering):
- Candidates for admission to the Programme shall have a Master’s degree (M.E./M.Tech.) /(M.Phil / M. Sc. for Applied Physics, Applied Chemistry &Applied Mathematics). Minimum 2 years Programme or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
For PhD (Technology Management):
- Candidates for admission to the Programme shall have a Master’s degree M.E./M.Tech. / (MBA with B.E./B.Tech.) (Minimum 2 years Program) / M.C.A. or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Candidates appearing or awaiting for final year results are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply. Candidates are required to submit a marksheet at the time of admission.
- Candidates who have cleared their graduation by doing a part-time course or through distance learning, correspondence courses, externally, open school from recognized University are eligible to apply & register as per UGC guidelines.
- Candidates has to choose specialization based on specialization at Master program
- PhD is a full time program. During the first year of the program, all students will have to complete Pre-Ph. D. course work. On successful completion of Pre-Ph.D. course work, students will be registered for PhD
NMIMS PhD in Engineering and Technology Admission Application Process 2022
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website www.nmims.edu
- The candidates desirous to seek admission are required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms, and relevant information are available on the University website.
- Registration Fee : Rs.2500/-
- Mode of Payment : Through online Credit Card/Debit Card/ (Visa / Master)
- Selection will be based on Entrance Test & Personal Interview
- Entrance Test (Time: 90 minutes / Total: 50 Marks), will be conducted through an online platform.
- Section A: 50% of Research Methodology
- Section B: 50% Area / Domain Specific
- The candidate must have qualified an entrance test with qualifying marks as 50% conducted by the NMIMS University. Only an entrance test qualified candidate would be call for the Personal Interview process.
- NOTE: The candidate qualified in UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / SLET / GATE / Teacher Fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. Programs are exempted from the NMIMS entrance test.
- However, they have to appear for a Personal Interview.
- Personal Interview (Total 50 Marks), will be conducted through an online platform.
- Presentation based on SOP will be followed by Personal Interview During interview candidates are expected to discuss their research Interest / area Final merit list will be based on entrance Test & Personal Interview marks.
- Admission offer is given as per the merit and vacancy available. WAITLISTED candidates have to check their merit list status as per the date given on the website. SELECTED candidate should upload necessary required documents and pay the full course fees at the link given in respective candidate’s log-in within the stipulated given time frame. Kindly note that only those candidates who complete the process by paying fees will be admitted to the program.
For more details and apply please visit the official website