National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand announce Admission to Ph.D Program 2020 (Even Semester)
NIT Uttarakhand PhD Admission 2020 – National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand (NITUK), has invited applications for admission to Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Programme in Even Semester-2020.
- Civil Engineering: Structural Engineering, Concrete Technology, Transportation Engineering, Pavement Materials, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Dynamics, Structural Health Monitoring, Structural System Identification, Earthquake resistant design, Computational Structural Mechanics, Finite element method, Building Materials, Ground Improvement Techniques, Lumped parameter modelling
- Computer Science and Engineering: Real-time Systems, Cloud Security, Virtualization, Computer Vision, Multimedia Analysis, Artificial Intelligence, Video Processing.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE): Speech Signal Processing, Biomedical Signal, and Image Processing, Machine/Deep Learning, Meta-heuristic Algorithms.
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE): Control scheme for various applications in Power System and Power Electronics such as Load frequency control of the multi interconnected area for the hybrid microgrid system.
- Mechanical Engineering: Thermal Engineering, Thermal, and Fluids, Heat and Mass Transfer, Alternate Fuels, Renewable energy, Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Chemistry: Total Synthesis of Bioactive Natural Products, transition Metal catalyzed C-H activation reactions
- Physics: Material Science, Solid state physics, optical Materials, Spectroscopy, Organic & Inorganic Luminescent Materials, and its devices.
- Mathematics: Mathematical Modeling; Biofluid Mechanics; CFD; Bone Mechanics; Microfluidics; Hybrid Nanofluids; Numerical simulations of Transport Phenomena
- English: Postcolonial Studies, Cultural and Ecocultural Studies, Indian English Literature
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Uttarakhand PhD Admission 2020
- A Master’s degree in the concerned or an allied subject with a minimum of 1st class (C.P.I or C.G.P.A. greater than 6.75 on a 10 point scale if class is not provided) and GATE / NET (CSIR/UGC/LS) in the concerned subject or discipline. OR
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1st class (C.P.I or C.G.P.A. greater than 6.75 on a 10 point scale if class is not provided) with at least 55% marks at Master’s level and GATE / NET (CSIR/UGC/LS) in the concerned subject or discipline.
See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for the written test. There will be objective type questions as per GATE/NET syllabus.
- The candidate who secures at least 40% marks in the written test will be shortlisted for interview. Interview shall be conducted on the same day.
- The list of shortlisted candidates for written test will be uploaded on Institute’s website: www.nituk.ac.in. No separate letter/communication will be made to any individual for written test. Candidates are advised to visit the Institute website in this regard.
Details of Ph.D. Fee Structure:
- Application fee for Ph.D. registration: Rs.500/-
- Registration Rs. 5,000/- (one time)
- Tuition Fee Rs. 15,000/- (annual)
- Caution money Rs. 3,000/- (refundable)
- Library fee Rs. 2,000/- (one time)
- Development fee Rs. 10,000/- (annual)
- Total – Rs. 35,000/-
- Rs. 35,000/- is to be paid before 31st January / 31st July.
- Subsequent years: Annual fees
- Tuition fee Rs. 15,000/-
- Development fee Rs. 10,000/-
- Total – Rs. 25,000/
NIT Uttarakhand PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- The application form and other relevant information for admission to Ph.D. Programme Even Semester 2020 can be downloaded from the Institute website: www.nituk.ac.in.
- Duly filled Application form along with DD of Rs.500/-, issued by any Nationalized bank in favor of The Director, NIT Uttarakhand, payable at Srinagar (Garhwal), Uttarakhand, and all the documents mentioned below should reach to Assistant Registrar (Academic), NIT Uttarakhand on or before 09th December 2019 by 05:00 PM.
- The following documents (whichever applicable) arranged in the order given below should be enclosed along with the duly filled application:
- Photocopy of High School (10th class) certificate.
- Photocopy of Under-Graduate degree certificate and mark sheet.
- Photocopy of Post-Graduate degree certificate and mark sheet.
- Photocopy of GATE score card or NET (CSIR/UGC/LS) qualifying certificate.
- Photocopy of caste certificate (if applicable): (a) In case of SC/ST candidates, Caste Certificate (In Central Govt. Format) should be issued by the Competent Authority (not below the rank of SDO/SDM/Tahsildar); (b) In case of OBC candidate, Caste Certificate (In Central Govt. Format) should be issued by the Competent Authority (not below the rank of SDO/SDM/Tahsildar) indicating the status regarding Non Creamy Layer (NCL). The certificate should be issued after 1st April, 2019.
- Photocopy of EWS certificate (if applicable), the Certificate (In Central Govt. Format) should be issued by the Competent Authority (not below the rank of SDO/SDM/Tahsildar) indicating the annual income of the family for last financial year. The certificate should be issued after 1st April, 2019.
- Photocopy of PWD certificate (if applicable), the Certificate (In Central Govt. Format) should be issued by the authorized medical authority.
- Photocopy of the TC/Migration Certificate. Candidate who will not attach the copy of TC/Migration Certificate with the application form has to submit the original copy of the same within one month of admission in Ph.D Programme, otherwise the admission in the Institute will stand cancelled.
- If employed, No Objection Certificate (NOC) and other documents from the employer in support of your application.
- Photocopy of all the publications (if any).
- Photocopy of teaching/research experience certificate (if any).
- Profile of the Organization/ Employer in case of SRS category candidate.
- Photocopy of credentials including AICTE recognized short-term courses attended, research publications, professional qualifications, etc.
NIT Uttarakhand PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last date for receipt of application form: 09th December 2019
- Date of displaying the list of eligible candidates for written test on Institute website: 17th December 2019
- Date, time and place of reporting for documents verification followed by written Test: Date: 19th December, 2019 Time: 9:15 AM
- Place : Academic Block NIT, Uttarakhand Govt. Polytechnic Campus Srinagar (Garhwal)
- Date and time of interview at NIT, Uttarakhand: 19th December, 2019, at 3.00 pm
- Venue of Interview: In the Committee room of the Department
- Date of announcement of result on Institute website: Last week of December 2019
Visit institute website: www.nituk.ac.in regularly for more details and updates.
National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand, Temporary Campus Govt. I.T.I., Srinagar (Garhwal), District- Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand–246174, Telephone: 01346-257404, E-mail:email@example.com, website: www.nituk.ac.in