National Institute of Technology (NIT) Kurukshetra announces PhD Admission 2019-20 (Even Semester)
NIT Kurukshetra PhD Program Admission 2019-20 – Applications on the prescribed format are invited from Indian and Foreign nationals for admission to PhD Programs (Full Time/Part Time) in the Departments/Schools of Engineering, Sciences, Social Sciences, Computer Application and Business Administration for the current academic session 2019-20 (Even Semester).
About NIT Kurukshetra
- The National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra (NITK), formerly a Regional Engineering College, was conferred the deemed university status on 26.6.2002, and declared an “Institute of National Importance”, on 15.08.2007. The Institute is now fully and directly funded by Central Govt. through the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- The Institute undertakes sponsored research and development projects from various industrial and other organizations in public and private sectors.
- The Institute encourages research in interdisciplinary areas also, and provides opportunities for such research program.
NIT Kurukshetra PhD Program Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
- Last date for submission of application form: 15th November 2019
PhD Programs Specializations
- PhD Programs are offered by the following departments / Schools in the related areas of specializations:
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering**
- Department of Mechanical Engineering*
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- School of VLSI Design and Embedded Systems
- School of Renewable Energy and Exigency
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Computer Application
- Includes Production and Industrial Engineering
- ** Includes Information Technology
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Kurukshetra PhD Program Admission 2019-20
- An applicant possessing the prescribed qualifications shall be eligible for admission to a Ph.D. program of the institute. Degrees obtained through distance education programs shall not be considered. The course as well as University of qualifying degree must be recognized by AICTE & UGC and will be varied by Academic Section before registration.
- In order to encourage the candidates for interdisciplinary research which is the state of art in today’s scenario, the eligibility criteria for Ph.D. is as below:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Sciences/Mathematics/ Humanities and Social Sciences in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.5 on a 10-point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded. OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with a minimum of 70% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and a minimum of 10 years of work experience (at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent) in an engineering degree level technical Institute or R&D organization/industry, and Evidence of Master’s level R&D work completed.
Additional Eligibility Conditions for Part-Time Ph.D. Admission
- The applicants should be professionally employed as engineers or scientists in Public Sector Undertakings or Government Departments or national level R&D organisation/national laboratories/industry
- Regular faculty of reputed Institute/University/College having sufficient facilities to carry out research at their place in the related research area
- All such candidates should have a minimum experience of two years at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent as regular employee in the sponsoring institute/university/college/organisation or R&D organization /national laboratory/industry at the time of applying for admission.
- Minimum qualification for these candidates is the same as for full-time candidates
- Part-time candidates are required to submit a “No Objection Certificate” on a proper letterhead from the appropriate authority in the organization clearly stating the following:
- The candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis
- That his/her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time for research.
- Facilities for research in the candidate’s field of research are available at the candidate’s place of work
Eligibility for Institute Scholarship#
- Only GATE / NET qualified scholars shall be considered for the award of the Institute fellowship.
- Initial award of the scholarship at the time of Provisional admission to Ph.D. program wiII continue for one year from the date of the issue of the scholarship. There shall be an annual assessment of the performance of the Ph.D. scholar for continuation of the scholarship.
- Support for doctoral program by the MHRD would be termed as Research /Teaching Assistantship. Only GATE/NET qualified candidates are eligible.
- All scholars getting Research / Teaching Assistantship would be required to put in at least eight hours of research or teaching assigned to him in the institute
- A Ph.D. research scholar receiving institute scholarship will receive it for a duration of two years, which may be expandable to 3rd year if the research scholar has published at least one research paper before the start of 3rd year and can be extended / resumed in 4th year if the research scholar has published at least two / one research papers respectively before the start of 4th year. These research papers should be published from his research work in non-paid peer reviewed SCI/SCIE/Scopus/Web of Science Journals
- The scholars receiving scholarship from external Govt/Autonomous organizations shall be governed by the rules and regulations issued and amended by the respective Govt./Autonomous organizations.
- Reservation in full time/regular Ph.D. seats in various categories will be made as per the norms of Government of India from time to time. Such reservations in various categories will be implemented in all departments/schools on rotational basis.
- For the SC / ST / PwD applicants, the eligibility requirement of marks be relaxed by 5%, or by a CGPA of 0.5 (on a 10 point scale) at both the Bachelor’s and Master’s level.
See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
NIT Kurukshetra PhD Program Admission 2019-20 Application Process
- Application format can be downloaded from the Institute website www.nitkkr.ac.in
- The duly completed Ph.D. applications must reach the office of the Registrar, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra-136119 (Haryana) by November 15, 2019 (5:00 PM)
- Incomplete applications or applications received after the due date will be out rightly rejected and Ph.D. application fee in any case will not be refunded.
- Number of Seats, application form, non-refundable application fee and other relevant details along with Ph.D. ordinance can be downloaded from the Institute website: www.nitkkr.ac.in
National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra (Under the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India), Kurukshetra‐136119, (Haryana) Website www.nitkkr.ac.in