National Institute of Technology (NIT) Delhi announces Admission to PhD Program for Spring Session 2023, Apply now
NIT Delhi PhD Admissions 2023 – National Institute of Technology Delhi (NIT Delhi) is inviting online applications for admission into Ph.D (Full Time/ Part-Time/ Sponsored) Program in the following Departments/Broad Area of Research for Spring Semester of the academic year 2023-24.
NIT Delhi PhD Admissions 2023
- (1) Electrical & Electronics Engineering; (2) Electronics & Communication Engineering; (3) Computer Science and Engineering; (4) Mechanical Engineering; (5) Applied Sciences (a) Mathematics; (b) Physics; (c) Chemistry; (d) Humanities and Management; (e) Environmental Studies
- Total No. of tentative PhD admissions are 28 (twenty eight) (with MHRD scholarship), however the number of seats for PhD may vary
- There are three categories under NIT PhD Admission:
- Full time- Stipendiary Category
- Full time- Project Category
- Full time- Non Stipendiary Category
- NIT’s also offers PhD (Part time – External / On campus categories) which are classified as
- Part time (external)
- Part time (on-campus)
- Last date for submission of Applications (Strictly through Online Mode): 23rd May, 2023
- Display of list of eligible candidates by the concerned HOD in the Institute website: 27th May, 2023
- Written Test: 01st June, 2023
- Display of list of candidates eligible for presentation & interview: 1st June, 2023
- Presentation/interview by all eligible candidates 1st & 2nd June, 2023
- Display of list of selected candidates 5th June, 2023
- Deposition of fee (Online) 6th June, 2023
- Physical Reporting in the Institute As per academic
- Commencement of classes calendar of NIT Delhi
- Mandatory Requirement: The candidate must have a qualified score in the GATE/NET in a related branch of Engineering/Technology/Science of any year.
- Minimum Educational Qualifications for Admission
- PhD in Engineering: Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in the relevant area of research along with Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology or equivalent with a first class or equivalent Grade Point at Master’s and/or Bachelor’s level.
- PhD in Sciences: Master’s Degree in appropriate branch of Science/Humanities/Social Sciences/Management or equivalent with a first class or equivalent Grade Point. The candidate must also have a valid GATE score or NET certificate.
- The application form can be downloaded from the institute website www.nitdelhi.ac.in
- A non-refundable application fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PH candidates) is to be paid through a crossed demand draft drawn in favour of Director, National Institute of Technology Delhi payable at Delhi.
- The Registrar, National Institute of Technology Delhi, Sector A-7, Institutional Area, IAMR Campus, Narela, Delhi – 110040.
- The candidate will be selected on the basis of Screening Test and Interview.
- Screening Test – It will be of MCQ mode having 60 Questions to be attempted in 1.5 Hour. A candidate securing at least 40% marks in the screening test shall be declared qualified for the selection process
- Interview – The candidates who have qualified the screening test will be called for the interview. At the time of interview, candidates will be asked to present their research interest/area along with interaction with the subject experts.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website